You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Wayne Hennessey
May 21 2024 1.51am

Wayne Hennessey

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 15 of 28 < 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

 

View merganser's Profile merganser Flag 13 Jan 19 12.14am Send a Private Message to merganser Add merganser as a friend

I like to see a goalkeeper dive even if he’s not going to get near the ball - after all, it is the entertainment industry.

However, I wouldn’t blame him too harshly for either goal

The first was obviously a bit of a wind-assisted freak and the second was probably beyond reach.

Wayne is much improved over the past couple of seasons and has been a good servant.

Trying to make him a scapegoat is unfair - in fact it’s downright naff.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 13 Jan 19 1.21am Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by merganser

I like to see a goalkeeper dive even if he’s not going to get near the ball - after all, it is the entertainment industry.

However, I wouldn’t blame him too harshly for either goal

The first was obviously a bit of a wind-assisted freak and the second was probably beyond reach.

Wayne is much improved over the past couple of seasons and has been a good servant.

Trying to make him a scapegoat is unfair - in fact it’s downright naff.

quite agree.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 13 Jan 19 1.25am Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by tinribzzz

What against Liverpool?

Great post however, but can't see us getting 3 there.

I can.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View samprior's Profile samprior Flag Hamburg 13 Jan 19 4.13am Send a Private Message to samprior Add samprior as a friend

Originally posted by merganser

I like to see a goalkeeper dive even if he’s not going to get near the ball - after all, it is the entertainment industry.

However, I wouldn’t blame him too harshly for either goal

The first was obviously a bit of a wind-assisted freak and the second was probably beyond reach.

Wayne is much improved over the past couple of seasons and has been a good servant.

Trying to make him a scapegoat is unfair - in fact it’s downright naff.

Absolutely spot on. Some people just love not to let the truth get in front of a good rant

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elpis's Profile Elpis Flag In a pub 13 Jan 19 7.44am Send a Private Message to Elpis Add Elpis as a friend

The problem with WH as I see it is that he is just not athletic enough ,always seems to have his weight on the wrong foot and shouts 'AWAY' far too often when shouting 'KEEPERS' would give the players in front of him more confidence .
The first Watford goal 100% down to the goalkeeper and Im not expecting WH to save the second (in fact Im not expecting him to save anything )


That's not making him a scapegoat by the way just my view of WH in the WH thread

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bifffabazz's Profile bifffabazz Flag Highworth, Wiltshire 13 Jan 19 8.14am Send a Private Message to bifffabazz Add bifffabazz as a friend

Originally posted by Elpis

The problem with WH as I see it is that he is just not athletic enough ,always seems to have his weight on the wrong foot and shouts 'AWAY' far too often when shouting 'KEEPERS' would give the players in front of him more confidence .
The first Watford goal 100% down to the goalkeeper and Im not expecting WH to save the second (in fact Im not expecting him to save anything )


That's not making him a scapegoat by the way just my view of WH in the WH thread


This^

Further non-scapegoating but facts: the bloke kicked the ball out of play from two early & simple clearances early in the 2nd half. Long before the goals, imho, it looked WH wished he was anywhere other than Selhurst.

 


Spirit of 1974

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ghostship's Profile Ghostship Flag Norfolk 13 Jan 19 8.23am Send a Private Message to Ghostship Add Ghostship as a friend

Tomkins let us down on both the goals. He was ball watching and got out jumped for the first and seemed unaware of the danger and for the second he headed then ball straight to Cleverley to volley in.

Unusual for him to have a clanger especially two in a game

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cpj's Profile cpj Flag Kent 13 Jan 19 12.51pm Send a Private Message to cpj Add cpj as a friend

One mistake and the hate-brigade are out in force. Yes, it was a bad error and cost us the goal, but was no worse that VG's poor attempt to save Chelsea's goal or the total embarrassment of De Bruyne's goal at Man City, yet there's no thread criticising him. A comment in the match thread post would surely have sufficed.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Henry of Peckham's Profile Henry of Peckham Flag Eton Mess 13 Jan 19 1.35pm Send a Private Message to Henry of Peckham Add Henry of Peckham as a friend

Originally posted by cpj

One mistake and the hate-brigade are out in force. Yes, it was a bad error and cost us the goal, but was no worse that VG's poor attempt to save Chelsea's goal or the total embarrassment of De Bruyne's goal at Man City, yet there's no thread criticising him. A comment in the match thread post would surely have sufficed.

It wasn't ONE mistake ... he stood motionless like a dummy to let in TWO goals yesterday. I was standing behind him watching in disbelief as he never moved for either.

Perhaps a stint on the Russian front will help him focus on the job in hand?

Edited by Henry of Peckham (13 Jan 2019 1.39pm)

 


Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 13 Jan 19 2.16pm Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Looking at the highlights again, he and Tompkins are badly at fault for the first - both ball watching and then it's too late. The second he could do nothing about, top corner, brilliant strike. He doesn't inspire confidence, and this is the problem.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 13 Jan 19 2.25pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by bifffabazz


This^

Further non-scapegoating but facts: the bloke kicked the ball out of play from two early & simple clearances early in the 2nd half. Long before the goals, imho, it looked WH wished he was anywhere other than Selhurst.

We know the feeling.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elpis's Profile Elpis Flag In a pub 13 Jan 19 2.51pm Send a Private Message to Elpis Add Elpis as a friend

Originally posted by Ghostship

Tomkins let us down on both the goals. He was ball watching and got out jumped for the first and seemed unaware of the danger and for the second he headed then ball straight to Cleverley to volley in.

Unusual for him to have a clanger especially two in a game

As any CB will tell you when a corner or any cross for that matter is floated into the 6 yard box you are expecting your goalkeeper to take charge. Hennessey doesn't .

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 15 of 28 < 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Wayne Hennessey