You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Season review so far...
March 25 2019 1.49pm

Season review so far...

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Willo's Profile Willo Flag 09 Dec 18 8.20pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by dynamicdick

No Willo it's yet another example of trying to get by on the cheap. We should have scouted and then gone for a proper centre forward but as our scouting is an absolute f****g joke I suppose it's YouTube!!

Sums us up.

In terms of transfer expenditure, in pre-season our spend was £10 Mill, the window before that it was around £11.5 Mill (Excluding the Sorloth add-ons) so the outlay in the 2 windows is 'peanuts' in PL terms.Perhaps this indicates financial constraints which preclude us from spending sizeable amounts.Maybe in January we will be shopping in Aldi and Lidl !

Edited by Willo (09 Dec 2018 8.21pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dynamicdick's Profile dynamicdick Flag Dormansland 09 Dec 18 8.23pm Send a Private Message to dynamicdick Add dynamicdick as a friend

Originally posted by sprites


Because we already had three, perhaps? We then went on to loan J Ayew for extra depth.

Couldn't have foreseen Benteke getting injured. Couldn't have foreseen Wickham taking this long to come back.

Give the guys a break.

Edited by sprites (09 Dec 2018 8.11pm)

No I won't give the guys a break, if the board thought that Benteke who couldn't hit a barn door at 10 yards; Wickham who is a continuing sick note and Ayew who is a championship player at best could have been our solution then they need a massive re-think (last Summer!!)

 


Bring back Brolin

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dynamicdick's Profile dynamicdick Flag Dormansland 09 Dec 18 8.25pm Send a Private Message to dynamicdick Add dynamicdick as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

In terms of transfer expenditure, in pre-season our spend was £10 Mill, the window before that it was around £11.5 Mill (Excluding the Sorloth add-ons) so the outlay in the 2 windows is 'peanuts' in PL terms.Perhaps this indicates financial constraints which preclude us from spending sizeable amounts.Maybe in January we will be shopping in Aldi and Lidl !

Edited by Willo (09 Dec 2018 8.21pm)

Or the local Jumble Sale......

 


Bring back Brolin

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Online Flag USA 09 Dec 18 8.28pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

In terms of transfer expenditure, in pre-season our spend was £10 Mill, the window before that it was around £11.5 Mill (Excluding the Sorloth add-ons) so the outlay in the 2 windows is 'peanuts' in PL terms.Perhaps this indicates financial constraints which preclude us from spending sizeable amounts.Maybe in January we will be shopping in Aldi and Lidl !

Edited by Willo (09 Dec 2018 8.21pm)

If we are constrained financially, we only have ourselves to blame.

Schlupp on 55k a week says it all.

We have WAY too many players earning tasty wages and not contributing. Parish made his bed now he has to lie in it. If we have issues then we need to sell. So sell some players and letís sign some bodies with attacking intent.

We have barley sold a single player for a fee in cpfc2010ís entire tenure. We bring in players for big money on big wages and then they leave on a free transfer. Then we sign loan players and integrate them into our starting 11, start to rely on them then they walk as we have no chance of signing them.

Meanwhile we have a product of Ajax who was once touted as a hot prospect in Europe and our manager thinks Jason Puncheon should play ahead of him.

Bizarre and poor decisions all over the shop.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag 09 Dec 18 8.38pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

If we are constrained financially, we only have ourselves to blame.

Schlupp on 55k a week says it all.

We have WAY too many players earning tasty wages and not contributing. Parish made his bed now he has to lie in it. If we have issues then we need to sell. So sell some players and letís sign some bodies with attacking intent.

We have barley sold a single player for a fee in cpfc2010ís entire tenure. We bring in players for big money on big wages and then they leave on a free transfer. Then we sign loan players and integrate them into our starting 11, start to rely on them then they walk as we have no chance of signing them.

Meanwhile we have a product of Ajax who was once touted as a hot prospect in Europe and our manager thinks Jason Puncheon should play ahead of him.

Bizarre and poor decisions all over the shop.

I take it you mean Riedewald.I don't know why he is not getting in the squad.Will have to pose the question.

There appears to be a great deal of disillusionment at the moment and I get the feeling that in general our supporters don't have much faith that we will buy well in the January window.

Edited by Willo (09 Dec 2018 8.44pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag 09 Dec 18 8.41pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

.

Edited by Willo (09 Dec 2018 8.47pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Brinscall Eagle's Profile Brinscall Eagle Flag Brinscall Lancashire/ Villamartin ... 09 Dec 18 8.43pm Send a Private Message to Brinscall Eagle Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Brinscall Eagle as a friend

For me the review so far is that we have been playing some of the best football I have seen in all my 60 years of watching/ following the team. In previous years we may have got more or less points at this stage of the season but the way we have got them or not got them has been from better quality and more pleasing on the eye than in previous years. Who knows what will happen come the end of the season which is the only time it finally counts but so far the team has shown great entertainment and judging by previous seasons we have more chance of success than previously especially if all on here are correct that we can improve the team come January.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chris123's Profile chris123 Online Flag hove actually 09 Dec 18 8.47pm Send a Private Message to chris123 Add chris123 as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

I think the season so far can pretty much be summed up with one word.

Brexit??

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dynamicdick's Profile dynamicdick Flag Dormansland 09 Dec 18 9.08pm Send a Private Message to dynamicdick Add dynamicdick as a friend

Originally posted by chris123

Brexit??

Nothing to do with it more like a complete lack of investment and planning by the board..... again!!

 


Bring back Brolin

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dynamicdick's Profile dynamicdick Flag Dormansland 09 Dec 18 9.12pm Send a Private Message to dynamicdick Add dynamicdick as a friend

Originally posted by Brinscall Eagle

For me the review so far is that we have been playing some of the best football I have seen in all my 60 years of watching/ following the team. In previous years we may have got more or less points at this stage of the season but the way we have got them or not got them has been from better quality and more pleasing on the eye than in previous years. Who knows what will happen come the end of the season which is the only time it finally counts but so far the team has shown great entertainment and judging by previous seasons we have more chance of success than previously especially if all on here are correct that we can improve the team come January.

And conceded 6 goals in 2 games after improved performances against Man Utd and Burnley. What makes you think that we will, not can improve our team in January, the most difficult and expensive transfer window.

 


Bring back Brolin

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chris123's Profile chris123 Online Flag hove actually 09 Dec 18 9.15pm Send a Private Message to chris123 Add chris123 as a friend

Originally posted by dynamicdick

Nothing to do with it more like a complete lack of investment and planning by the board..... again!!

It was rhyming for something else.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dynamicdick's Profile dynamicdick Flag Dormansland 09 Dec 18 9.38pm Send a Private Message to dynamicdick Add dynamicdick as a friend

Originally posted by chris123

It was rhyming for something else.

Apologies that was a 'whoosh' moment!!

 


Bring back Brolin

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Season review so far...