You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Who will we sign in January
March 23 2019 12.21am

Who will we sign in January

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View tonymair's Profile tonymair Flag 13 Dec 18 7.21pm Send a Private Message to tonymair Add tonymair as a friend

We will stay up, because this is a very poor Premiership year and 35 points may be enough to stay, so we will, but, only just.
Who might we buy in January? And why?
Rumours about Defoe concern me.
Not because he is not a talent, but then so was CB, who was great, but not for long. We must look forward. Why buy another yesterday man again?
I am a Roy supporter but the summer input was hopeless, sorry
I want to see evidence of a player strategy which acknowledges, tests and challenges the youth talent I hear we have.
When was one of these youngsters given a chance to shine in a Premiership match...time to be bold?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kingdowieonthewall's Profile kingdowieonthewall Flag glorious Goring by sea 13 Dec 18 9.08pm Send a Private Message to kingdowieonthewall Add kingdowieonthewall as a friend

Originally posted by tonymair

We will stay up, because this is a very poor Premiership year and 35 points may be enough to stay, so we will, but, only just.
Who might we buy in January? And why?
Rumours about Defoe concern me.
Not because he is not a talent, but then so was CB, who was great, but not for long. We must look forward. Why buy another yesterday man again?
I am a Roy supporter but the summer input was hopeless, sorry
I want to see evidence of a player strategy which acknowledges, tests and challenges the youth talent I hear we have.
When was one of these youngsters given a chance to shine in a Premiership match...time to be bold?

people said the same when we signed kevin phillips…
didn't do too bad.
& that pen.

 


Kids,tired of being bothered by your pesky parents?
Then leave home, get a job & pay your own bills, while you still know everything.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View tonymair's Profile tonymair Flag 13 Dec 18 10.10pm Send a Private Message to tonymair Add tonymair as a friend

Fair point...but because I am convinced we will stay up, I am seeking a transfer policy which looks, say five years hence, and asking which of our younger we could take a risk on, for I would rather do that, than spend a lot again on talent at the end of its usefulness...in reality we need to do both, but the market managers know that and it will cost more than we want to spend!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 13 Dec 18 11.41pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by tonymair

We will stay up, because this is a very poor Premiership year and 35 points may be enough to stay, so we will, but, only just.
Who might we buy in January? And why?
Rumours about Defoe concern me.
Not because he is not a talent, but then so was CB, who was great, but not for long. We must look forward. Why buy another yesterday man again?
I am a Roy supporter but the summer input was hopeless, sorry
I want to see evidence of a player strategy which acknowledges, tests and challenges the youth talent I hear we have.
When was one of these youngsters given a chance to shine in a Premiership match...time to be bold?

I would absolutely love it if we signed Defoe.

He could at least teach the young players, not least that total waste of space Sorloth how to actually play the position.

The time for strategic signings is over the summer once we are safe from yet another relegation dogfight.

This January we need a goalscorer and personally I dont care if he is 50 years old if he knows how to hit the onion bag.

AWB was the last one and we now have a player possibly worth 25 million quid, and ONLY because Wardy got injured and our squad depth was so bad we had to play a kid.

Roy still wont learn from that though as he is more set in his ways than a 100 year old man who eats smoked kippers every day of his life for breakfast. He is not going to suddenly want a bowl of Muesli and a banana.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 14 Dec 18 3.59am Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

Defoe looks a good squad addition, 20 mins left, or game gone a different way, it's a good plan b.

However, we have no plan A - Benteke injured and when he returns the gamble is he will score. Same for Wickham.

Solorth hasn't had the game time to show his worth, if any.

The rest, well... less said the better.

If we can all be honest and realise we need to reboot and almost reimagine our club this summer, start fresh and hope to god we can do it in the prem.

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DeanMiles's Profile DeanMiles Flag Telford 14 Dec 18 3.28pm Send a Private Message to DeanMiles Add DeanMiles as a friend

Wow...

Roy: We don't necessarily need reinforcements next month. We'll have Benteke back soon, Wickham recovering from a 2 year absence, Sørloth, Ayew. We believe we have players within our ranks who can score goals.

Edited by DeanMiles (14 Dec 2018 3.28pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ghostship's Profile Ghostship Flag Norfolk 14 Dec 18 3.40pm Send a Private Message to Ghostship Add Ghostship as a friend

Originally posted by DeanMiles

Wow...

Roy: We don't necessarily need reinforcements next month. We'll have Benteke back soon, Wickham recovering from a 2 year absence, Sørloth, Ayew. We believe we have players within our ranks who can score goals.

Edited by DeanMiles (14 Dec 2018 3.28pm)

I nearly fell off my chair when I read that earlier. How can anyone at Palace think that we don't need a new striker and what makes Roy think that any of those 4 will suddenly start scoring any goals when they have a grand total of zero between them this season, Wickham absolved of all blame obviously.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag 14 Dec 18 4.20pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Vaibow

Defoe looks a good squad addition, 20 mins left, or game gone a different way, it's a good plan b.

However, we have no plan A - Benteke injured and when he returns the gamble is he will score. Same for Wickham.

Solorth hasn't had the game time to show his worth, if any.

The rest, well... less said the better.

If we can all be honest and realise we need to reboot and almost reimagine our club this summer, start fresh and hope to god we can do it in the prem.

My understanding is that the club have not shown any interest in acquiring his services.But of course the picture can change as events unfold.

Edited by Willo (14 Dec 2018 4.21pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cpj's Profile cpj Flag Kent 14 Dec 18 4.47pm Send a Private Message to cpj Add cpj as a friend

Originally posted by DeanMiles

Wow...

Roy: We don't necessarily need reinforcements next month. We'll have Benteke back soon, Wickham recovering from a 2 year absence, Sørloth, Ayew. We believe we have players within our ranks who can score goals.

Edited by DeanMiles (14 Dec 2018 3.28pm)

Roy is either trying to pretend we're not after anyone to try and out off other buyers and keep the price of a player low; or is completely deluded. From his tactics this season and reluctance to give anyone else a chance, I'm going with the latter. He really needs to go.

Edited by cpj (14 Dec 2018 4.47pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 14 Dec 18 4.55pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

My understanding is that the club have not shown any interest in acquiring his services.But of course the picture can change as events unfold.

Edited by Willo (14 Dec 2018 4.21pm)

From who? He was nailed on to sign if Big Sam had stayed

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell 14 Dec 18 5.00pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

From who? He was nailed on to sign if Big Sam had stayed


Roy's presser, reported on various media outlets, Sky/BBC Daily Fail/Croydon 'adit etc.


Looks like we're also getting rid of one of our prolific youngsters to Sweden.https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11706/11580614/crystal-palaces-francis-jno-baptiste-close-to-ostersunds-move


 


Is joining the 'Grumpy Old Gits' Club

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag 14 Dec 18 5.07pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by cpj

Roy is either trying to pretend we're not after anyone to try and out off other buyers and keep the price of a player low; or is completely deluded. From his tactics this season and reluctance to give anyone else a chance, I'm going with the latter. He really needs to go.

Edited by cpj (14 Dec 2018 4.47pm)

I don't share the same view as Roy but he is a vastly experienced manager and I have no experience in that field !

When I read Roy's words, over my face fell the sort of frown you might discover on a Koala Bear in the advanced stages of constipation.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Who will we sign in January