You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Jordan Ayew
December 10 2019 9.50pm

Jordan Ayew

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 34 of 48 < 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View premier fan's Profile premier fan Flag BR4 10 Aug 19 10.06pm Send a Private Message to premier fan Add premier fan as a friend

He's paid to score goals - work rate was excellent but still not got the cutting edge to score. ...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 11 Aug 19 4.20am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Yes

Originally posted by ogyogyogy

Well done Jordan, he ran his sock's off and was well worth his starting spot.

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View coulsdoneagle's Profile coulsdoneagle Flag London 11 Aug 19 4.38am Send a Private Message to coulsdoneagle Add coulsdoneagle as a friend

Tough chance but he probably should have taken it. He deserved it as well. Good game from him defends from the front and runs all game. Relieves so much pressure by forcing their backline to play it early because of his constant harrying. Well done Jordan.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 11 Aug 19 7.29am

Originally posted by premier fan

He's paid to score goals - work rate was excellent but still not got the cutting edge to score. ...

Correct.

Those who know f*** all about football reveal themselves when they think the guts and thunder players charging about making up the numbers are the best on the pitch.

He could've spent the whole 90 minutes scratching his arse as long as he puts that one on one away for me. He didn't. 1 point instead of 3 is the consequence and all that work rate is ultimately for nothing.

Still, God (and the masses) loves a trier.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Petereagle's Profile Petereagle Flag Brockley 11 Aug 19 7.37am Send a Private Message to Petereagle Add Petereagle as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Correct.

Those who know f*** all about football reveal themselves when they think the guts and thunder players charging about making up the numbers are the best on the pitch.

He could've spent the whole 90 minutes scratching his arse as long as he puts that one on one away for me. He didn't. 1 point instead of 3 is the consequence and all that work rate is ultimately for nothing.

Still, God (and the masses) loves a trier.


In all honesty Meyer missed an easier chance, as did Benteke

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 11 Aug 19 8.38am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Correct.

Those who know f*** all about football reveal themselves when they think the guts and thunder players charging about making up the numbers are the best on the pitch.

He could've spent the whole 90 minutes scratching his arse as long as he puts that one on one away for me. He didn't. 1 point instead of 3 is the consequence and all that work rate is ultimately for nothing.

Still, God (and the masses) loves a trier.

So anyone who thought he had a good game knows f*** all about football? Maybe it is you who knows f*** all

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 11 Aug 19 8.48am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

I think if we are going to play 2 upfront our only option to play with Wilf, our only top six class attacker are.
Ayew, Townsend, Wickham and Benteke, I would rate them in that order, Although none of them is top class, unfortunately by choice of transfer policy that's all we have

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag Kent 11 Aug 19 9.40am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Correct.

Those who know f*** all about football reveal themselves when they think the guts and thunder players charging about making up the numbers are the best on the pitch.

He could've spent the whole 90 minutes scratching his arse as long as he puts that one on one away for me. He didn't. 1 point instead of 3 is the consequence and all that work rate is ultimately for nothing.

Still, God (and the masses) loves a trier.

Bit harsh but I fo understand where youíre coming from.

I think there is definitely a massive impact on a teams performance when youíve got a player who can press, win and hold up the ball higher up on the pitch. It relieves defenders, limits a constant onslaught especially against a superior opponent and can spark attacks. Itís also nice to see players who seem to value their time on the pitch. I think Jordan showed all these qualities yesterday.

That being said, he showed a lack of composure and quality with what was a glaring opportunity and I would suggest you cannot afford that at this level, especially given no one else looks likely to score either.

If anybody wants evidence of the glaring problems at Palace, watch Ayew uncomfortably fire his shot straight at the keeper then watch the weeds new £20mil signing who many on here wanted but the half wits in charge ignored and in actual fact bought no one, get a similar opportunity yesterday, round the keeper and slot home.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 11 Aug 19 9.54am

Originally posted by Nicholas91

Bit harsh but I fo understand where youíre coming from.

I think there is definitely a massive impact on a teams performance when youíve got a player who can press, win and hold up the ball higher up on the pitch. It relieves defenders, limits a constant onslaught especially against a superior opponent and can spark attacks. Itís also nice to see players who seem to value their time on the pitch. I think Jordan showed all these qualities yesterday.

That being said, he showed a lack of composure and quality with what was a glaring opportunity and I would suggest you cannot afford that at this level, especially given no one else looks likely to score either.

If anybody wants evidence of the glaring problems at Palace, watch Ayew uncomfortably fire his shot straight at the keeper then watch the weeds new £20mil signing who many on here wanted but the half wits in charge ignored and in actual fact bought no one, get a similar opportunity yesterday, round the keeper and slot home.

Great post, agree.

Of course there is value in high pressing and everyone likes to see the wages get earned through physical effort, bit we're shagged for goals. Someone noted Tekkers and Meyer fluffed their lines too which is fair.

Ayew is still going to be charging about like a loon in 10 games time on the same goal tally, and I worry that unless we get penalties that the team's tally will be the same too.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 11 Aug 19 9.56am

Originally posted by Spiderman

So anyone who thought he had a good game knows f*** all about football? Maybe it is you who knows f*** all

When did I say he didn't have a good game, or that those who think he did don't know a think about football?

Read it again and engage your brain this time.

Those who think he was our best player is what I said.

I bet you're the kind of fan who dreams of a team of Alan Lees.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 11 Aug 19 5.37pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

When did I say he didn't have a good game, or that those who think he did don't know a think about football?

Read it again and engage your brain this time.

Those who think he was our best player is what I said.

I bet you're the kind of fan who dreams of a team of Alan Lees.

Well that's one bet you have lost. Never bet on something/someone you know nothing about.
As it happens, I thought he was our best player in the first half and actually I do know quite a lot about football

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Curlyeagle 2's Profile Curlyeagle 2 Flag Crowborogh 11 Aug 19 7.09pm Send a Private Message to Curlyeagle 2 Add Curlyeagle 2 as a friend

Originally posted by Petereagle


In all honesty Meyer missed an easier chance, as did Benteke

Sadly had we a goal scorer in our team we could well have had all three points yesterday! My worry is that this was a major problem for us last season but sadly the people within our club that deal with signings obviously think we can get away with it again!

Missed a trick in my opinion with the likes of Watkins, Maupay and the Russian lad.

Just seen Maupay goal yesterday and it was a similar chance to both Ayews and Meyers.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 34 of 48 < 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Jordan Ayew