You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Tammy Abraham (paper talk, again)
January 20 2019 12.57am

Tammy Abraham (paper talk, again)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View chateauferret's Profile chateauferret Flag Airdrie 18 Dec 18 1.49pm Send a Private Message to chateauferret Add chateauferret as a friend

Originally posted by kennybrowns leftfoot

I must say I don't think we should rely to heavily on Wickham... He has been out for so long that we have no idea whether he will return to what he was before he got injured... Obviously I hope that he does!!

If he's not better than Ayew I'll eat my hat. Akinbyi was better that Ayew FFS. So were Sanogo, Adebayor and Bumfluff.

 


============
The Ferret
============

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mattteo's Profile mattteo Flag 19 Dec 18 12.34pm Send a Private Message to mattteo Add mattteo as a friend

Originally posted by DANGERCLOSE

Sell Punch,Schlupp and offer Chelsea 20 million

I don't think they even want that much. There was talk that they wanted 15 in the summer.

Ok, with his current resurgence in the Championship, that price may have gone up.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View premier fan's Profile premier fan Flag BR4 19 Dec 18 3.50pm Send a Private Message to premier fan Add premier fan as a friend

Originally posted by Petereagle

Schlupp is a good utility player who we should keep

Agree - I like Schlupp especially as cover for LB

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Crystal_Clear's Profile Crystal_Clear Flag Belfast 19 Dec 18 6.58pm Send a Private Message to Crystal_Clear Add Crystal_Clear as a friend

I think the championship is his level.

Scored goals at Bristol City, made the step up to PL and struggled with Swansea (I mean Ayew out s cored him!!!!).

Now scoring again for Aston Villa in the championship.

Just because he belongs to Chelsea doesn't make him any good - refer to Bamford.

And Southgate was picking any young players for a time to see who would cut it at international level. I note Abraham hasn't had a look in again.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag 19 Dec 18 7.08pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear

I think the championship is his level.

Scored goals at Bristol City, made the step up to PL and struggled with Swansea (I mean Ayew out s cored him!!!!).

Now scoring again for Aston Villa in the championship.

Just because he belongs to Chelsea doesn't make him any good - refer to Bamford.

And Southgate was picking any young players for a time to see who would cut it at international level. I note Abraham hasn't had a look in again.

A couple of knowledgable chaps I have been speaking to have reservations about Abraham at PL level.Certainly he has been found wanting when he has stepped up a level but more experience at Championship level and scoring goals might be a huge boost to his football development.He is still very young at only 21.

Edited by Willo (19 Dec 2018 7.09pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ex hibitionist's Profile ex hibitionist Flag Hastings 20 Dec 18 9.21am Send a Private Message to ex hibitionist Add ex hibitionist as a friend

Originally posted by premier fan

I was contracting in Bristol for 4 years and got to see him play during a few live games. I sussed he was good enough for the prem and that time and I was right.

This lad is excellent and exactly what we need - take my word for it.

He has height, skill and can finish. He's still young so may have the off game but rarely did I see that when I watched him. I'd just hope if we got him we'd give him a fair few games to prove himself.

I'd say he's worth paying up to 20m (IMO)

Edited by premier fan (17 Dec 2018 4.18pm)

Edited by premier fan (17 Dec 2018 4.18pm)

has a big reputation, but the snippets of him most of us have seen haven't backed up the talk about him, interesting from someone who has actually seen him and who can judge, hope you're right

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ex hibitionist's Profile ex hibitionist Flag Hastings 20 Dec 18 9.27am Send a Private Message to ex hibitionist Add ex hibitionist as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Abraham only scored 5 goals for Swansea in the PL last season.He was given a number of starts but after the New Year he was mainly on the bench as he wasn't really doing it for them.He did score quite late on in the season but this was against WBA who of course were relegated.

He is doing well for A.Villa this season but they are of course a Championship team.He believes his best position is on the left but we are already served well in this position.

Edited by Willo (17 Dec 2018 5.32pm)

we are NOT well served in the left mid or left wing position - Schlupp or Meyer atm ... one's cr*p but is a useful squad player bcos of his versatility, the other is out of position there and team's gang up on him and take the ball off him cos he can only cut inside, so if Abraham could play also as an attacking left sided player more reason for signing him, but he's probably more a left winger who would play either side of a striker as back up for Wilf or Andros

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag 20 Dec 18 9.59am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by ex hibitionist

we are NOT well served in the left mid or left wing position - Schlupp or Meyer atm ... one's cr*p but is a useful squad player bcos of his versatility, the other is out of position there and team's gang up on him and take the ball off him cos he can only cut inside, so if Abraham could play also as an attacking left sided player more reason for signing him, but he's probably more a left winger who would play either side of a striker as back up for Wilf or Andros

I believe that with Zaha out on the wide left we are well served in that position ! Townsend of course can also play there and Van Aanholt can provide service down that flank with his forward runs.I accept that Zaha and Townsend have been given different roles of late due to our lack of central strikers.

Apropos Abraham, I have seen him a few times on 'Live' TV matches.When he was signed by Swansea, in private conversations I expressed reservations about him really making an impact in the PL and of course he never set the world alight there,although he was playing for a struggling team.That said, Ayew scored more goals than him for Swansea !

He is only 21,and in my humble opinion very much a 'Work in progress' hence certainly not the finished product but has the potential to step up.It is reported that Newcastle are interested in his services.Their summer signing Muto is going to be away for the Asian Cup.


Edited by Willo (20 Dec 2018 10.03am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Petereagle's Profile Petereagle Flag Brockley 01 Jan 19 10.03am Send a Private Message to Petereagle Add Petereagle as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

I believe that with Zaha out on the wide left we are well served in that position ! Townsend of course can also play there and Van Aanholt can provide service down that flank with his forward runs.I accept that Zaha and Townsend have been given different roles of late due to our lack of central strikers.

Apropos Abraham, I have seen him a few times on 'Live' TV matches.When he was signed by Swansea, in private conversations I expressed reservations about him really making an impact in the PL and of course he never set the world alight there,although he was playing for a struggling team.That said, Ayew scored more goals than him for Swansea !

He is only 21,and in my humble opinion very much a 'Work in progress' hence certainly not the finished product but has the potential to step up.It is reported that Newcastle are interested in his services.Their summer signing Muto is going to be away for the Asian Cup.


Edited by Willo (20 Dec 2018 10.03am)

[Link]

Its all speculative this early in the window, but think Willo is right in that now that Abraham has discovered his scoring boots in the Championship he might be able to step up and make a difference in the PL? No idea what he would cost, but maybe a loan with option to buy might be possible, if we could cut short the loan deal with Ayew. Apparently Solanke and Abraham were a dynamic duo for Chelsea at junior levels, wouldn’t it be great if they could make an impact together...just another pipe dream probably...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 01 Jan 19 11.22am Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Pre-season I was touting Abrahams on here, really thinking of a Zaha-Abrahams strike force.

Not sure if more isn't needed actually, we spent a lot under Allardyce but the players have been worth it IMO.

The PL is so much harder each year as RH states, at the same time you can only put 11 people plus subs on the pitch, so we can see how that could be a leveller against the top brass, Citeh etc.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 01 Jan 19 3.22pm Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

Playing for Villa today.

 


“ [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know. ”
—United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 01 Jan 19 3.26pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Originally posted by Booted Eagle

Playing for Villa today.

Speak of the devil, just popped one in !

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Tammy Abraham (paper talk, again)