You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Cheikhou Kouyate
September 22 2019 9.23pm

Cheikhou Kouyate

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Tez's Profile Tez Flag Epsom 21 Dec 18 2.25pm Send a Private Message to Tez Add Tez as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

I presume you mean Richarlison and not Richardson.Richarlison came from Brazilian club Fluminense and not many had even heard of him in this country.Shaqiri only played 15 games for Inter Milan,possibly quite a few of these from the bench, before his £12 Mill transfer to Stoke and there were question marks about his consistency and his defensive prowess.Both didn't arrive with big fanfares.

Shaqiri was a 3-time title winner in Switzerland as well as a 2-times Bundesliga winner and Champions Leauge winner with Bayern before he even signed for Inter ...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 21 Dec 18 4.00pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

With the greatest of respect, I never made a comparison between the reasons the players signed for the club.

In any event this line of debate veers away from the subject matter of this thread which of course is Kouyate whom Allardyce signed for W.Ham from Anderlect for £7 Mill and who on occasions filled-in at centre-half for the 'Hammers' when they had injuries.


Edited by Willo (21 Dec 2018 9.20am)

Well you did when you opined on why they hadn't signed for other clubs.

That is the same thing essentially.

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 21 Dec 18 4.19pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

Well you did when you opined on why they hadn't signed for other clubs.

That is the same thing essentially.

I think we will respectfully have to agree to disagree on this matter.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 21 Dec 18 4.28pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Tez

Shaqiri was a 3-time title winner in Switzerland as well as a 2-times Bundesliga winner and Champions Leauge winner with Bayern before he even signed for Inter ...

I don't believe being a title winner in Switzerland is right up towards the top of the 'Totem Pole'.In terms of Bayern Munich I really don't know how much a part he played in their successes but one has to question if he played a major role why they sold him on to Inter Milan.Didn't appear to have made a major impact at Inter Milan and was bought by Stoke.

He arrived at Stoke as a talented player but one not noted for his consistency or defensive duties hence he never arrived with any great fanfare, besides he did join Stoke who had finished in 9th place in the PL in the previous 2 seasons so were somewhat established and not a club that had been flirting with relegation season on season.

Ive asserted enough on Shaqiri and appreciate that the thread concerns Kouyate so perhaps the debate should really return to the subject matter.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NickinOX's Profile NickinOX Flag Sailing country. 21 Dec 18 4.42pm Send a Private Message to NickinOX Add NickinOX as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

I don't believe being a title winner in Switzerland is right up towards the top of the 'Totem Pole'.In terms of Bayern Munich I really don't know how much a part he played in their successes but one has to question if he played a major role why they sold him on to Inter Milan.Didn't appear to have made a major impact at Inter Milan and was bought by Stoke.

He arrived at Stoke as a talented player but one not noted for his consistency or defensive duties hence he never arrived with any great fanfare, besides he did join Stoke who had finished in 9th place in the PL in the previous 2 seasons so were somewhat established and not a club that had been flirting with relegation season on season.

Ive asserted enough on Shaqiri and appreciate that the thread concerns Kouyate so perhaps the debate should really return to the subject matter.

Squirm all you want, but it was you who introduced Meyer to the thread and put forward the idea that the value of the fee was directly indicative of a player's quality.

Here is what you said: "Meyer was talked about in such terms but he came to us on a 'Free' and Riedewald cost less than £8 Mill which is 'Peanuts' in PL terms.If these players were that good they wouldn't have come to us and would have been acquired by clubs much higher up the Totem Pole.Furthermore a sum shy on £8 Mill for both does not suggest that they are as talented as has been suggested, besides I don't recall a great clamber for their services from other clubs."

I pointed out good players (albeit one name had a typo) who went to other clubs of similar stature to us, and did so for low fees. Hence you are, again, talking bulls***.

 


If you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View A89M's Profile A89M Flag Streatham 21 Dec 18 5.00pm Send a Private Message to A89M Add A89M as a friend

You could even add our own Wilf to the mix. Who wanted him when he had that poor loan spell at Cardiff? How much did he cost us from United? Sure it couldn't be much more than the Reidewald fee.

Originally posted by NickinOX

Squirm all you want, but it was you who introduced Meyer to the thread and put forward the idea that the value of the fee was directly indicative of a player's quality.

Here is what you said: "Meyer was talked about in such terms but he came to us on a 'Free' and Riedewald cost less than £8 Mill which is 'Peanuts' in PL terms.If these players were that good they wouldn't have come to us and would have been acquired by clubs much higher up the Totem Pole.Furthermore a sum shy on £8 Mill for both does not suggest that they are as talented as has been suggested, besides I don't recall a great clamber for their services from other clubs."

I pointed out good players (albeit one name had a typo) who went to other clubs of similar stature to us, and did so for low fees. Hence you are, again, talking bulls***.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 21 Dec 18 5.00pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by NickinOX

Squirm all you want, but it was you who introduced Meyer to the thread and put forward the idea that the value of the fee was directly indicative of a player's quality.

Here is what you said: "Meyer was talked about in such terms but he came to us on a 'Free' and Riedewald cost less than £8 Mill which is 'Peanuts' in PL terms.If these players were that good they wouldn't have come to us and would have been acquired by clubs much higher up the Totem Pole.Furthermore a sum shy on £8 Mill for both does not suggest that they are as talented as has been suggested, besides I don't recall a great clamber for their services from other clubs."

I pointed out good players (albeit one name had a typo) who went to other clubs of similar stature to us, and did so for low fees. Hence you are, again, talking bulls***.

I am hardly squirming - I have carried out a robust defence of my comments and stand 'Four square' behind them.I don't consider them a blizzard of obfuscation.

My comments were in response to the narrative that Meyer was one of the top prospects in German football and the next generation of top players from that country and that Riedewald was another hot prospect from one of the top academies in football.Richarlison was hardly heard of in this country so never came with any fanfare and whilst Shaqiri was much better known,played for Bayern Munich and was considered a talent he had issues with his consistency and defensive prowess.Besides, Shaqiri joined Stoke who had finished 9th in the PL in the previous two seasons and had at that time established themselves in the top-flight and hadn't been flirting with relegation season-on-season.

I really cannot be more clear about my line of debate on this issue so let's get back to the subject matter - any further comments I make on this thread will relate to Kouyate.We will have to agree to disagree.

Edited by Willo (21 Dec 2018 5.13pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ripleyeagle's Profile ripleyeagle Flag Ripley Surrey 21 Dec 18 7.46pm Send a Private Message to ripleyeagle Add ripleyeagle as a friend

Originally posted by kennybrowns leftfoot

The thought of Schlupp in midfield against Man Citys midfield is just ridiculous.. I know some on here defend him but I still standby the opinion that he really is a truly awful player... But Roy seems to like him.

Edited by kennybrowns leftfoot (21 Dec 2018 1.16am)

I think I trust Roy’s opinion over yours,no offence.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 21 Dec 18 7.50pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by ripleyeagle

I think I trust Roy’s opinion over yours,no offence.

Does that mean you think it was a great idea to have Harry Kane take corners?

Football managers are humans just live everyone else, and they make mistakes.

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 22 Dec 18 10.17am

We could actually try playing Wilf and Andros wide and replace Kouyate with Sorloth if he's injured. Macca and Luka in the middle, Meyer Infront feeding the wings.
Granted, Sorloth's not been great but play to his strength: stay in the middle, keep yourself onside. Head for the 6 yard area when we break.

Bentekkers suffers the same criticism when fit. No point having him charge about in the channels or picking the ball up on the halfway line when he's essentially a head on a stick.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 22 Dec 18 10.29am

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

Sadly it will be Schlupp instead of the correct person Riedewald, who is out in the cold despite being formerly a highly touted prospect of one of the world's elite academies.

In fairness, Riedewald could do himself a favour and drop a couple of stone. No manager can justify picking a lump like that (unless they're maradonna or fat Ronaldo).

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 22 Dec 18 12.52pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

In fairness, Riedewald could do himself a favour and drop a couple of stone. No manager can justify picking a lump like that (unless they're maradonna or fat Ronaldo).

This issue has been covered copious amounts of time on here. He IS NOT overweight, he prefers not to wear the tight fitting shirts. To call him a lump is a bit harsh

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Cheikhou Kouyate