You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Nobel winning biologist, James Watson.
April 22 2019 7.47pm

Nobel winning biologist, James Watson.

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

 

View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 13 Jan 19 11.23am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

[Link]

This story infuriates me.

To persecute a man, not just any man, an eminent scientist, for his opinions is a shameful display of the kind of fascist attitudes that prevail in our scientific community and wider society.

Disagree with him, produce counter evidence by all means but don't resort to this disgraceful tactic.

A man's worth is not measured entirely by his intelligence but in the practical world, you can't keep putting square pegs in round holes merely to satisfy some ideological fashion.
We test people's intelligence all the time at school and in higher education so why do we bother? Maybe all us thickies should protest and demand that all the evidence of our limited academic ability be suppressed.

All this begs the question, how far would these zealots go to sustain their idealistic fantasy?
Also, how can we trust in science when it clearly picks and chooses the bits that fit with the fashionable 'correct' enforced consensus?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Online Flag Chatham 13 Jan 19 12.59pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

It is the old race card again.
If a black guy says that black people generally can run faster and jump higher than a white people i would agree.
Does that make him racist.?
In the film django which is based on slavery this exact point is made near the end of the film.
If it was bollox why didnt anyone object when it was released.
This was a witch hunt on watson because some people cant handle the truth.
It hurts as they say.
I will also catergorically state that there are a great many extremely clever black people.
That though doesnt disprove watsons general point.
There are probably black people who would agree with this but will be shut down as it wouldnt fit the ideological points being forced on society.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ogloc19's Profile ogloc19 Flag 13 Jan 19 2.18pm Send a Private Message to ogloc19 Add ogloc19 as a friend

Urgh, just went on the writers twitter. Daughter is a 9th grade 'activist' and 'cartoonist'. So worrying

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 13 Jan 19 2.54pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

[Link]

This story infuriates me.

To persecute a man, not just any man, an eminent scientist, for his opinions is a shameful display of the kind of fascist attitudes that prevail in our scientific community and wider society.

Disagree with him, produce counter evidence by all means but don't resort to this disgraceful tactic.

A man's worth is not measured entirely by his intelligence but in the practical world, you can't keep putting square pegs in round holes merely to satisfy some ideological fashion.
We test people's intelligence all the time at school and in higher education so why do we bother? Maybe all us thickies should protest and demand that all the evidence of our limited academic ability be suppressed.

All this begs the question, how far would these zealots go to sustain their idealistic fantasy?
Also, how can we trust in science when it clearly picks and chooses the bits that fit with the fashionable 'correct' enforced consensus?

What are your thoughts on his findings Hrolf, do you think that white people are more clever than black people?

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 13 Jan 19 3.41pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

if you got a proper scientific training then the facts and the evidence always carry more sway than the opinions and rhetoric.

so who is wrong ? who is right ? who knows ?

 


34,300 reasons to love Selhurst in 2021

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pussay Patrol's Profile Pussay Patrol Flag 13 Jan 19 3.56pm Send a Private Message to Pussay Patrol Add Pussay Patrol as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

It is the old race card again.
If a black guy says that black people generally can run faster and jump higher than a white people i would agree.
Does that make him racist.?
In the film django which is based on slavery this exact point is made near the end of the film.
If it was bollox why didnt anyone object when it was released.
This was a witch hunt on watson because some people cant handle the truth.
It hurts as they say.
I will also catergorically state that there are a great many extremely clever black people.
That though doesnt disprove watsons general point.
There are probably black people who would agree with this but will be shut down as it wouldnt fit the ideological points being forced on society.

That's very complimentary of you

 


Paua oouaarancì Irà chiyeah Ishé galé ma ba oo ah

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 13 Jan 19 4.59pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

What are your thoughts on his findings Hrolf, do you think that white people are more clever than black people?

What I think doesn't matter. However, this chap would not make such claims without evidence to back it up.

What is more important is that a renowned scientist and founder of genetics can be punished for having an informed opinion.

Just think about that for a minute.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 13 Jan 19 5.20pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

What I think doesn't matter. However, this chap would not make such claims without evidence to back it up.

What is more important is that a renowned scientist and founder of genetics can be punished for having an informed opinion.

Just think about that for a minute.

That does not normally stop you from expressing your opinion.

I'm not disagreeing with your post by the way. Just wondering if you agree with what he says.

So do you think that White people are more intelligent than black people?


 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Online Flag Chatham 13 Jan 19 6.40pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Pussay Patrol

That's very complimentary of you

Thats the only line you read i guess.
But context doesnt matter within this subject does it!

If there is evidence then just because it "seems"
Racist to it doesnt mean it is.
Thats the problem now.
The fact that any thing said against anyone who isnt white is racist.
Take gangs and tell me they are not a majority of black individuals.
Do you really think they are clever to
Firstly join a gang
Secondly show off about it
Thirdly stab and be stabbed.

Where are all the white gangs.
Oh sorry
Surely they must be slightly more enlightened not to do it.

The evidence is there in its most basic form but lets not talk about it and try to find a solution.
Lets brush it away and like its not true.
That is true racism; not even accepting it may be true, not even wanting to entertain helping the situation. so dont give me the big arrow pussey because you and yours are so subconciously racist its beyond comparrison.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 13 Jan 19 7.10pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

That does not normally stop you from expressing your opinion.

I'm not disagreeing with your post by the way. Just wondering if you agree with what he says.

So do you think that White people are more intelligent than black people?



I'm flattered that you think my opinion is so important but it is still not relevant to this thread.

What is relevant is the selective use of scientific data to satisfy the 'progressive' mob.
What's more, they didn't just criticise this man but actually removed some of his, no doubt, well earned honours.
This guy is not just any old scientist, he is one of the founders of genetics.

Totally unacceptable. This how you might expect a religion to behave, not the scientific community.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag Wisbech, England 13 Jan 19 7.33pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

That does not normally stop you from expressing your opinion.

I'm not disagreeing with your post by the way. Just wondering if you agree with what he says.

So do you think that White people are more intelligent than black people?



On average Europeans are more 'intelligent' than Africans but less intelligent than East Asians.

East Asians have the highest average intelligence in the world. There are other groups who do better in verbal intelligence but overall that's what the statistics seem to show.

However, any one individual is rarely a perfect example of a genetic European or African or whatever. However, if we strictly stick to averages we can make basic statements.

However, individuals aren't defined by a group average. For example, I've taught intelligent and not so intelligent examples of just about every category of human.

It's also very true that intelligence is only one factor.....the most important factor in some respects but still just one attribute.

Edited by Stirlingsays (13 Jan 2019 7.36pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag Wisbech, England 13 Jan 19 7.35pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

[Link]

This story infuriates me.

To persecute a man, not just any man, an eminent scientist, for his opinions is a shameful display of the kind of fascist attitudes that prevail in our scientific community and wider society.

Disagree with him, produce counter evidence by all means but don't resort to this disgraceful tactic.

A man's worth is not measured entirely by his intelligence but in the practical world, you can't keep putting square pegs in round holes merely to satisfy some ideological fashion.
We test people's intelligence all the time at school and in higher education so why do we bother? Maybe all us thickies should protest and demand that all the evidence of our limited academic ability be suppressed.

All this begs the question, how far would these zealots go to sustain their idealistic fantasy?
Also, how can we trust in science when it clearly picks and chooses the bits that fit with the fashionable 'correct' enforced consensus?

Great post.

What has happened to this great man is a complete disgrace......This is what the left do.....they destroy people if they regard them as having the 'wrong' opinions. A lot of people are intimated if they have something to lose.

This guy is part of such an important breakthrough that is responsible for so much good in the world.

History will restore him.

Edited by Stirlingsays (13 Jan 2019 7.40pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Nobel winning biologist, James Watson.