You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Baby Hitler
April 24 2019 11.07pm

Baby Hitler

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag Wisbech, England 20 Jan 19 9.50am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Honestly.....there's some crazy stuff going down over baby Hitler right now.

Certain 'progressives' have reacted to a Jewish conservative called Ben Shapiro's mention of whether a time traveler should murder baby Hitler or not.

I think it all started as a pro life/choice question but it's morphed into its own little battle.

We are living in times where the loonies are in charge.

42 percent of the New York Times readership who responded to the question....said they would murder baby Hitler.

As someone mentioned in the comments....I wonder where these same people stand on killing baby Karl Marx.

[Link]


Edited by Stirlingsays (20 Jan 2019 9.57am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 20 Jan 19 10.04am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

I’m not sure Karl Marx is a fair comparison. Stalin perhaps.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag Wisbech, England 20 Jan 19 10.08am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by YT

I’m not sure Karl Marx is a fair comparison. Stalin perhaps.

Perhaps....but without Marx do we get Stalin?....Mao Zedong?.....Pol Pot?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 20 Jan 19 10.18am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Perhaps....but without Marx do we get Stalin?....Mao Zedong?.....Pol Pot?

In that case, let’s go back and murder Adam. That would solve everything.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 20 Jan 19 10.19am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Honestly.....there's some crazy stuff going down over baby Hitler right now.

Certain 'progressives' have reacted to a Jewish conservative called Ben Shapiro's mention of whether a time traveler should murder baby Hitler or not.

I think it all started as a pro life/choice question but it's morphed into its own little battle.

We are living in times where the loonies are in charge.

42 percent of the New York Times readership who responded to the question....said they would murder baby Hitler.

As someone mentioned in the comments....I wonder where these same people stand on killing baby Karl Marx.

[Link]


Edited by Stirlingsays (20 Jan 2019 9.57am)

It's a great debating point because there is no answer. Churchill vetoed killing Hitler because he was doing such a bad job of running the war and Churchill was afraid that the Germans would appoint some one competent.

There is no guarantee that killing baby Hitler would have a good outcome. Possible scenarios could be:

1) No WW2 so peace breaks out in Europe. Maybe, however Germany was in economic and political meltdown that had nothing to do with Hitler so that still would have happened so peace and love was not certain.

2) Hitler didn't found the Nazi party and he pushed other potential leaders out of the way. Whose to say those leaders would not have been more successful and as evil without Hitler?

3) Lets suppose the Nazi party never grows to be a major player. The communists came close to seizing power so its possible they would succeed.

4) Germany remains a democracy however with no Nazi party in power Stalin rolls through Europe and we all end up living under Uncle Joe.

I could go on but one final thought. Baby Hitler is adopted by a loving caring family and grows up to be a much loved artist.

Babies are not evil.


 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 20 Jan 19 10.35am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

No 1st World War would’ve stopped the knock on effects.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag Wisbech, England 20 Jan 19 10.36am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by YT

In that case, let’s go back and murder Adam. That would solve everything.

In reality...it doesn't matter who you murder...Not that anyone should ever be murdering babies of course time traveling or not...that's completely insane.

These people are symptoms of the society they grew up in.....not the causes.

As said, If not Hitler, it would have been someone else.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 20 Jan 19 10.37am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

It's a great debating point because there is no answer. Churchill vetoed killing Hitler because he was doing such a bad job of running the war and Churchill was afraid that the Germans would appoint some one competent.

There is no guarantee that killing baby Hitler would have a good outcome. Possible scenarios could be:

1) No WW2 so peace breaks out in Europe. Maybe, however Germany was in economic and political meltdown that had nothing to do with Hitler so that still would have happened so peace and love was not certain.

2) Hitler didn't found the Nazi party and he pushed other potential leaders out of the way. Whose to say those leaders would not have been more successful and as evil without Hitler?

3) Lets suppose the Nazi party never grows to be a major player. The communists came close to seizing power so its possible they would succeed.

4) Germany remains a democracy however with no Nazi party in power Stalin rolls through Europe and we all end up living under Uncle Joe.

I could go on but one final thought. Baby Hitler is adopted by a loving caring family and grows up to be a much loved artist.

Babies are not evil.


5) Everything that follows is instantly different therefore the person who murders baby Hitler, in that moment, most probably ceases to have ever existed, therefore the murder would be impossible.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag Wisbech, England 20 Jan 19 10.38am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

No 1st World War would’ve stopped the knock on effects.

I think you can stop Ferdinand making the trip...stop him visiting the hospital and stuff like that to stop the attack......But can we really stop WW1?

It was just waiting to happen.

Edited by Stirlingsays (20 Jan 2019 10.39am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag Wisbech, England 20 Jan 19 10.41am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by YT

5) Everything that follows is instantly different therefore the person who murders baby Hitler, in that moment, most probably ceases to have ever existed, therefore the murder would be impossible.

That's an interesting discussion on multi universes right there.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag Wisbech, England 20 Jan 19 10.56am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Babies are not evil.

Yep....You can have babies with harmful genetics like low empathy and other traits that can go very badly for society.

But the environment modifies genes to at least a small extent.....and life opportunities shape possibilities.

So someone with very negative traits can become a CEO or they can become a murderer...or put all that energy into art......At the baby stage all you have are traits.


Edited by Stirlingsays (20 Jan 2019 10.57am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 20 Jan 19 11.05am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by YT

5) Everything that follows is instantly different therefore the person who murders baby Hitler, in that moment, most probably ceases to have ever existed, therefore the murder would be impossible.

If time travel was possible then the murder would be possible but when that person returns or time travels to any year after 1930 odd then it might be very different, and the people will not be here because people would’ve married and had children with different people because of situations and possibly no death from war. About to go into a head spin.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Baby Hitler