You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Return of the Sak
April 24 2019 11.13pm

Return of the Sak

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last Ľ

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 27 Jan 19 3.50pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

I am happy with this one.

Short deal - no risk.

We currently deploy Jeff Schlupp as our impact sub.....need I say more?

We need attacking options and the return of the Sak gives us just that.

SHOULD we be in a position where we need to resign Bakary Sako on a short team deal as he we are so light on options? Of course not. Hang your heads Dougie and Steve. However we are in that type of position, so itís a good signing.

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CB's Profile CB Flag 27 Jan 19 4.05pm Send a Private Message to CB Add CB as a friend

Agreed. Hopefully he'll score on weds as a welcome back.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 27 Jan 19 6.04pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Should've kept him anyway, very happy to see him back, has an excellent boot for goal.

[Link]

Edited by Tickled pink (05 Feb 2019 7.33pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 27 Jan 19 6.13pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by CB

Agreed. Hopefully he'll score on weds as a welcome back.

He has to force his way into the team first. Haven't you heard we have a striker who scores goals.

COYP

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 27 Jan 19 6.20pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

I am happy with this one.

Short deal - no risk.

We currently deploy Jeff Schlupp as our impact sub.....need I say more?

We need attacking options and the return of the Sak gives us just that.

SHOULD we be in a position where we need to resign Bakary Sako on a short team deal as he we are so light on options? Of course not. Hang your heads Dougie and Steve. However we are in that type of position, so itís a good signing.

We are not short of options, we have just been short of any player being able to finish off great opportunities.

Edited by Tickled pink (27 Jan 2019 6.22pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 27 Jan 19 6.27pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Tickled pink

We are not short of options, we have just been short of any player being able to finish off great opportunities.

Edited by Tickled pink (27 Jan 2019 6.22pm)

Lol.

So who is our game changing attacking midfielder to come in and stretch the game?

Who plays if Wilf or Andros are out?

Not short of options? Come on.

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Kant's Profile Kant Flag exeter 27 Jan 19 6.48pm Send a Private Message to Kant Add Kant as a friend

Canít we welcome him back without slagging off poor old Jeffery? Why do people have to find a hate figure in their own team that the mob then descend on? JS had a decent game today and for all the plaudits Wilf justifiably earns it was his decisive run into the box that made our first goal. I think there have been others more deserving of opprobrium this season, but better still can we not just keep it positive, especially on a day like this.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sotac464's Profile sotac464 Flag Hawley 27 Jan 19 7.04pm Send a Private Message to sotac464 Add sotac464 as a friend

Originally posted by Kant

Canít we welcome him back without slagging off poor old Jeffery? Why do people have to find a hate figure in their own team that the mob then descend on? JS had a decent game today and for all the plaudits Wilf justifiably earns it was his decisive run into the box that made our first goal. I think there have been others more deserving of opprobrium this season, but better still can we not just keep it positive, especially on a day like this.

Agreed I think people look at the price tag, and think that is a reason to judge a footballer. He's not an out an out winger, So shouldn't be judged as so.

He's contributed more often than not and if it wasn't for him, We wouldn't have beaten man city.

People look for a scapegoat, but it shouldn't be him.

Edited by sotac464 (27 Jan 2019 7.05pm)

 


My equalibrium unbalanced me. Paul Draper Brighton 19/2/2018

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 27 Jan 19 7.14pm Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Kant

Canít we welcome him back without slagging off poor old Jeffery? Why do people have to find a hate figure in their own team that the mob then descend on? JS had a decent game today and for all the plaudits Wilf justifiably earns it was his decisive run into the box that made our first goal. I think there have been others more deserving of opprobrium this season, but better still can we not just keep it positive, especially on a day like this.

Agreed, bullied his way into that position and showed the likes of Tekkers what it is all about.

 


ď [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns Ė there are things we do not know we don't know. Ē
óUnited States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 27 Jan 19 7.28pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Originally posted by Booted Eagle

Agreed, bullied his way into that position and showed the likes of Tekkers what it is all about.

I am a Jeff Schlupp fan , he is the most versatile player we have.

Also scores and makes goals, a precious commodity as far as we are concerned.

Ask his knockers why they revere Wilf who couldn't convert a tap-in from 6 feet.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 27 Jan 19 7.43pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

Lol.

So who is our game changing attacking midfielder to come in and stretch the game?

Who plays if Wilf or Andros are out?

Not short of options? Come on.

I have seen and heard many saying just put the ball into the box for goodness sake and even when we do it's not clearing the first defender enough, like today on many occasions, that with the way we play has quite often been the job of Aaron and Patrick although I'd rather have Pape in that role for his brilliant crossing, we had Wickham and then Benteke today and they had very few opportunities from Zaha and Townsend for all their hard work, especially Townsend who played better defensively today I think mainly due to Spurs. There is a comfortable line between trickery and direct play, getting the ball into the box quickly and accurately has been a problem.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View GlaziertoEagle's Profile GlaziertoEagle Flag Coventry 27 Jan 19 10.28pm Send a Private Message to GlaziertoEagle Add GlaziertoEagle as a friend

While I'm not overly impressed that we have felt the need to bring Bakary back I'm certainly not unhappy to have his personality back in the squad.

One of the few positives I took from last season was the togetherness the squad to have and the genuine friendships that seemed to exist. I was therefore surprised that Sako chose to leave us in the Summer as he was very much a part of the positive atmosphere and seems to be close with a number of the current squad.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last Ľ

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Return of the Sak