You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > who will you vote for next ?
June 16 2019 12.10am

who will you vote for next ?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 7 of 8 < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

 

View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 03 May 19 7.10pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

My friend got re-elected in Somerset.

In 2011 a group of independent councillors persuaded the voters to kick out the party machine. They have since been re-elected twice although not the same people as the independents pledged to only serve 2 terms and they have kept their word. The council is 100% independent so I guess they must be doing something right.

This is my friend's 2nd term so she will not stand next time. She has already started the process of mentoring a potential successor, subject to voter approval of course.

I saw today a story about Hadleigh in Suffolk where people are trying to do the same thing

"Mr Allman said he thought Hadleigh Together was the first party of its kind in Suffolk.

He said it based its model on Independents for Frome, which gained a majority on the Somerset town's council in 2011 and has held all of the council's seats since May 2015."

Long may it continue local people concerned with local issues.

You've got to take your hat off to people like this who put their local community above that of party affiliation. I can't help thinking that's a better way to get things done locally than spending time constantly mirroring the national party message.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DANGERCLOSE's Profile DANGERCLOSE Flag london 03 May 19 7.14pm Send a Private Message to DANGERCLOSE Add DANGERCLOSE as a friend

 


Support The Brexit Party [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 03 May 19 7.30pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Brexit Party will do well in these bloody EU elections and it will another disaster for my beloved Tory party.

I am meeting up with my Tory chums tonight and there will be a great deal of spitting feathers and the flairing of nostrils.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View susmik's Profile susmik Flag PLYMOUTH -But Made in Old Coulsdon... 03 May 19 7.32pm Send a Private Message to susmik Add susmik as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

My Tory party knew that the result would be as some put it "disappointing" and it would "Be a difficult night" but the losses were greater than largely predicted with 40 councils lost and over 1,000 councillors nor re-elected.
My local council held 42 out of 54 seats yet they lost to 'No overall control'

Total and utter disaster.Theresa May said the message was "Just get on and deliver Brexit.".My message is that YOU have failed to deliver Brexit on account of a dastardly deal with the EU and scores of excellent councillors have lost their seats because of you.The sooner who get out of No 10 the better - these words will be echoed by thousands of Tory members and supporters around the country.

I am ashamed at my beloved party sinking to such depths.


Edited by Willo (03 May 2019 7.08pm)

I totally agree Willo May has let us all down BIG TIME>

 


Supported Palace for over 68 years since the age of 7 and have seen all the ups and downs and will probably see many more ups and downs before I go up to the big football club in the sky.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 03 May 19 7.38pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

In Ireland we get to pick candidates by number preference. Really only no's 1-3 have ever counted - as far as I'm aware. If I'm bored enough I number them all (there will be around 12-20) just to annoy the counters.
If I put an X or a tick in the box my vote is spoiled.
I used to have 5 TDs (MPs) for my constituency. There was talk of change. Our local elections coming up but our councils have less power than British ones. Dear Valera wanted more central power and that has suited various governments since. A lot of debate about elected mayors in places. I think only Dublin votes for theirs currently (if they even do).
I usually support the best opposition but ours are weak currently. Sinn Fein could do well but they would not really be suitable for me - and there is a tendency to find dirt on them around election times (not that this is that hard). Plenty of skeletons in various places other than the closet.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 03 May 19 7.39pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Brexit Party will do well in these bloody EU elections and it will another disaster for my beloved Tory party.

I am meeting up with my Tory chums tonight and there will be a great deal of spitting feathers and the flairing of nostrils.


Just think of the Falklands 82 and you will feel better.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 03 May 19 7.47pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

What a result for the Lib Dems.

They have gained 600 seats.

I thought they were dead, quite unjustifiably in my view.

Westminster and the media totally wrong, once again it shows they have nothing in common with the country.

The polls showing remain at 56% and now the voters for remain are showing where the country is truly at.

They can spin and lie all they like but the next election is not so far off.

If only the 2 party system could be buried once and for all.

Who do they think they are?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 03 May 19 8.01pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

My Tory party knew that the result would be as some put it "disappointing" and it would "Be a difficult night" but the losses were greater than largely predicted with 40 councils lost and over 1,000 councillors nor re-elected.
My local council held 42 out of 54 seats yet they lost to 'No overall control'

Total and utter disaster.Theresa May said the message was "Just get on and deliver Brexit.".My message is that YOU have failed to deliver Brexit on account of a dastardly deal with the EU and scores of excellent councillors have lost their seats because of you.The sooner who get out of No 10 the better - these words will be echoed by thousands of Tory members and supporters around the country.

I am ashamed at my beloved party sinking to such depths.


"The sooner who get out of no 10 the better", was it
a question? If so, i"m going for mrs may, her cabinet, the whole lot of failures, absolutely useless, incapable, liars, corrupt as you get and need investigating, starting with ex pm cameron, ex chancellor osborne, and ex mayor boris bunter, the great uber scandal as reported in the daily mail said it all, then the latest gaff at the mod, and all the stuff in the middle years, but glad the tory supporters around the country are finally waking up!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 03 May 19 9.17pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

What a result for the Lib Dems.

They have gained 600 seats.

I thought they were dead, quite unjustifiably in my view.

Westminster and the media totally wrong, once again it shows they have nothing in common with the country.

The polls showing remain at 56% and now the voters for remain are showing where the country is truly at.

They can spin and lie all they like but the next election is not so far off.

If only the 2 party system could be buried once and for all.

Who do they think they are?

This election was about Bins not Brexit. Let's see how good they do in the EU elections.

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View braunstoneagle's Profile braunstoneagle Flag the middle of bumf*** nowhere... 03 May 19 9.36pm Send a Private Message to braunstoneagle Add braunstoneagle as a friend

Well, i live in northamptonshire...we did not have elections as the council could not afford it.

what a time to be alive

 


‘Football isn’t instant coffee. You have to work at it. You must grow the bean, grind it.’ Ian Holloway


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag Chelsea 03 May 19 10.38pm Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

The country it’s screwed as the vote proves. Best to stay in and get involved in running EU properly. What a complete shambles. So good to see Cons and Labs being nailed.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 03 May 19 10.43pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

The country it’s screwed as the vote proves. Best to stay in and get involved in running EU properly. What a complete shambles. So good to see Cons and Labs being nailed.

Labs were nailed, CONs were crucified!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 7 of 8 < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > who will you vote for next ?