You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Question - Cardiff or Brighton?
October 19 2019 9.08am

Question - Cardiff or Brighton?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View paperhat's Profile paperhat Flag croydon 08 Apr 19 4.20pm Send a Private Message to paperhat Add paperhat as a friend

With all the "Liverpool are going to choke" news going thru the media over the past few weeks and the scenes of indignation and surprise of various presenters when faced with Man Utd fans who'd happily see their team lose if it meant Liverpool not winning the Prem title, another question arises, much closer to home.

Following our win at Newcastle and our almost safety, if it came to us playing Cardiff in our penultimate game and in the event of a Cardiff win, they stayed up, relegating Brighton, which one of us would be on the pitch first to score the own goal? Seriously - would you take a Palace defeat, knowing we were safe no matter what if it meant that result sent the Seagulls down?

 


Clinton is Clinton. I have known him for a long time, I know his mother... Simon Jordan


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lyons550's Profile Lyons550 Flag Shirley 08 Apr 19 4.27pm Send a Private Message to Lyons550 Add Lyons550 as a friend

Of course...with 3 own goals to ensure it I hope!

 


The Voice of Reason In An Otherwise Mediocre World

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 08 Apr 19 5.08pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by paperhat

With all the "Liverpool are going to choke" news going thru the media over the past few weeks and the scenes of indignation and surprise of various presenters when faced with Man Utd fans who'd happily see their team lose if it meant Liverpool not winning the Prem title, another question arises, much closer to home.

Following our win at Newcastle and our almost safety, if it came to us playing Cardiff in our penultimate game and in the event of a Cardiff win, they stayed up, relegating Brighton, which one of us would be on the pitch first to score the own goal? Seriously - would you take a Palace defeat, knowing we were safe no matter what if it meant that result sent the Seagulls down?

Clearly a history lesson required

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View spartakev2's Profile spartakev2 Flag Anerley 08 Apr 19 5.09pm Send a Private Message to spartakev2 Add spartakev2 as a friend

Absolutely. As I'm sure they would if the situation was reversed.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View est1905's Profile est1905 Flag 08 Apr 19 5.17pm Send a Private Message to est1905 Add est1905 as a friend

Originally posted by paperhat

With all the "Liverpool are going to choke" news going thru the media over the past few weeks and the scenes of indignation and surprise of various presenters when faced with Man Utd fans who'd happily see their team lose if it meant Liverpool not winning the Prem title, another question arises, much closer to home.

Following our win at Newcastle and our almost safety, if it came to us playing Cardiff in our penultimate game and in the event of a Cardiff win, they stayed up, relegating Brighton, which one of us would be on the pitch first to score the own goal? Seriously - would you take a Palace defeat, knowing we were safe no matter what if it meant that result sent the Seagulls down?

I have no doubt Brighton would roll over if it meant us going down. Just like Pompy did a few years back so the Saints went.
I'd be indifferent I think. Would see it as a win win. If we won I'd be glad the team showed integrity. If we lost I'd try not to look too hard at the performance and be bouyed by the Seaweed's demise.

I'd much rather play them occassionally in the cups than have them in the same league as us anyway. Despite their lovely new stadium I still consider them a smaller club than us. They are at the moment at the absolute peak of their potential whereas we are above them and even non Palace fans that know football agree we are underperforming.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 08 Apr 19 6.55pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by est1905

I have no doubt Brighton would roll over if it meant us going down. Just like Pompy did a few years back so the Saints went.
I'd be indifferent I think. Would see it as a win win. If we won I'd be glad the team showed integrity. If we lost I'd try not to look too hard at the performance and be bouyed by the Seaweed's demise.

I'd much rather play them occassionally in the cups than have them in the same league as us anyway. Despite their lovely new stadium I still consider them a smaller club than us. They are at the moment at the absolute peak of their potential whereas we are above them and even non Palace fans that know football agree we are underperforming.

I am informed that their Training Centre is also very impressive,containing 15 pitches and various training areas and they have submitted plans to extend it.Sadly their infrastructure is far better than ours. But they are below us in the table !

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elpis's Profile Elpis Flag In a pub 09 Apr 19 9.14am Send a Private Message to Elpis Add Elpis as a friend

Although 'rivals' I don't consider them a threat and despite the results not going our way this season would regard them as a shoe in as one of the 3 weaker teams needed each season to keep us up


They could of course creep up behind us if we are caught with our pants down but in general would like to keep them where we can see them and thats in or around the bottom .

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bexleydave's Profile bexleydave Flag Barnehurst 09 Apr 19 10.08am Send a Private Message to bexleydave Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add bexleydave as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

I am informed that their Training Centre is also very impressive,containing 15 pitches and various training areas and they have submitted plans to extend it.Sadly their infrastructure is far better than ours. But they are below us in the table !

I suppose that we could have a new stadium and state-of-the-art training facilities if our owners chucked in £300m+, interest free, with no expectation of seeing it again?

 


Bexley Dave

Can you hear the Brighton sing? I can't hear a ******* thing!

"The most arrogant, obnoxious bunch of deluded little sun tanned, loafer wearing mummy's boys I've ever had the misfortune of having to listen to" (Burnley forum)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 09 Apr 19 10.45am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Chuck the game, no questions asked, but instead of a performance similar to Watford away or spurs away we’ll probably really go for it like we do when the season is winding down, only Cardiff won’t be in a Leicester type position, who we’ve played twice with their minds on holiday.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 09 Apr 19 10.53am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

Sadly I can't see Cardiff getting enough points because I would love to see Brighton relegated.
However I still want us to beat Cardiff at their place so we can finish as high up the table as possible!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goal Machine's Profile Goal Machine Flag Croydon 09 Apr 19 11.52am Send a Private Message to Goal Machine Add Goal Machine as a friend

Would love us to roll over if it meant Cardiff leapfrogging Brighton. I don't believe it would happen though as players and management too professional. League position & money are at stake.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rainforest's Profile Rainforest Flag London England 09 Apr 19 11.59am Send a Private Message to Rainforest Add Rainforest as a friend

What the Cardiff forum thinks:

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Question - Cardiff or Brighton?