You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Hong Kong
September 22 2019 3.34am

Hong Kong

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

 

View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 04 Jul 19 4.25pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

The bit in red . . .

As i was born & initially raised in BERMUDA, i take exception to your post. Does IRELAND(your flag) also come under what you have described? It too, was British at one time.


Just asking.


Ireland in the no-one really wanted except the Irish category. I don't know but presumably Bermuda in the tax haven category. Certainly somewhere nice for rich people to go on holiday.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 13 Aug 19 12.02am Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Chinese armed police truck convoy rolls into city near Hong Kong - [Link]

Said to be part of a drill 'but analyst calls it a ‘psychological warfare tactic’'


Chinese police mass 12,000 anti-riot officers in Shenzhen for drill - [Link]


Dark days in Hong Kong's near future I fear


Edited by dollardays (13 Aug 2019 12.03am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View .TUX.'s Profile .TUX. Flag 13 Aug 19 12.18am Send a Private Message to .TUX. Add .TUX. as a friend

Originally posted by dollardays

Chinese armed police truck convoy rolls into city near Hong Kong - [Link]

Said to be part of a drill 'but analyst calls it a ‘psychological warfare tactic’'


Chinese police mass 12,000 anti-riot officers in Shenzhen for drill - [Link]


Dark days in Hong Kong's near future I fear


Edited by dollardays (13 Aug 2019 12.03am)

Once again, people are not being listened to.

The world is an angry place.

 


Buy Litecoin.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 14 Aug 19 12.26am Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by .TUX.

Once again, people are not being listened to.

The world is an angry place.

Ain't that the truth

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View W12's Profile W12 Flag 14 Aug 19 10.05am Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

Noted that Dominic Raabs tweet on the subject is just followed by endless comments to the effect of "what about France?".

What about indeed.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 14 Aug 19 10.34am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by W12

Noted that Dominic Raabs tweet on the subject is just followed by endless comments to the effect of "what about France?".

What about indeed.

Catalonia would perhaps be a more apt example. Their democratically voted in leadership still in prison in the democracy loving EU.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 14 Aug 19 11.11am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Apparently the way this is being presented in mainland China is totally different to that in the west.

The protesters are being presented as terrorists determined to threaten the integrity of China. Footage is being edited to show policemen being attacked, which justifies the heavy handed responses. The Chinese are insisting that Hong Kong is now described as "Hong Kong, China". I can see no real prospect of these protests having any significant effect at all. What the impact on the future of HK will be is unclear to me.

On a personal level I hope the airport resumes normal operations asap as my wife will be travelling through it quite soon.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cpfc_chap's Profile cpfc_chap Flag koh samui 14 Aug 19 11.25am Send a Private Message to cpfc_chap Add cpfc_chap as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Apparently the way this is being presented in mainland China is totally different to that in the west.

The protesters are being presented as terrorists determined to threaten the integrity of China. Footage is being edited to show policemen being attacked, which justifies the heavy handed responses. The Chinese are insisting that Hong Kong is now described as "Hong Kong, China". I can see no real prospect of these protests having any significant effect at all. What the impact on the future of HK will be is unclear to me.

On a personal level I hope the airport resumes normal operations asap as my wife will be travelling through it quite soon.

Is this the fake edited video shown a copper getting cornered then? Can't trust the bbc!!

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 14 Aug 19 1.12pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by cpfc_chap

Is this the fake edited video shown a copper getting cornered then? Can't trust the bbc!!

[Link]

Clearly not fake but just as clearly the motivation of the protesters is not violence, even if it sometimes boils over. The Police, apparently, have admitted planting people among the demonstrators. Whether just as informers or in a more active provocative role can only be speculation.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 14 Aug 19 1.15pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Now here is one swathe of people we should of given British Passports to when we handed HK back to China.
We could of easily of cherry picked their best instead of letting in 100s of thousands of unskilled EU workers.

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 14 Aug 19 3.43pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Catalonia would perhaps be a more apt example. Their democratically voted in leadership still in prison in the democracy loving EU.

Indeed

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 14 Aug 19 3.44pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Apparently the way this is being presented in mainland China is totally different to that in the west.

The protesters are being presented as terrorists determined to threaten the integrity of China. Footage is being edited to show policemen being attacked, which justifies the heavy handed responses. The Chinese are insisting that Hong Kong is now described as "Hong Kong, China". I can see no real prospect of these protests having any significant effect at all. What the impact on the future of HK will be is unclear to me.

On a personal level I hope the airport resumes normal operations asap as my wife will be travelling through it quite soon.

That doesn't surprise me one bit

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Hong Kong