You are here: Home > Message Board > Away Fans > Only Brighton...
April 10 2021 1.28pm

Only Brighton...

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

 

View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 04 Mar 20 11.00am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Good find, although I assume that’s before Prem or Tv revenue is brought in. Of course wages are subtracted from that and theirs are lower than ours.

I expect they’re currently in better shape for relegation than we are for the next 18+ however many months or years. And Tony Bloom has lots of money and continues to make lots of money and I assume he’ll keep his Brighton interests going until that changes or someone else wants to take it on.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ketteridge's Profile Ketteridge Flag Brighton 04 Mar 20 12.39pm Send a Private Message to Ketteridge Add Ketteridge as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Good find, although I assume that’s before Prem or Tv revenue is brought in. Of course wages are subtracted from that and theirs are lower than ours.

I expect they’re currently in better shape for relegation than we are for the next 18+ however many months or years. And Tony Bloom has lots of money and continues to make lots of money and I assume he’ll keep his Brighton interests going until that changes or someone else wants to take it on.


Yep it is just net transfer spend so no other income or outgoings are taken into account. You are also right our wage bill is higher. It really just shows the different models Palace and Brighton use,palace older players at low cost but with high wages to reflect their prem experience. Brighton have gone for high cost low wage, trying to pick bargains that will have a sell on value. This so far hasn't worked for them.
It does concern me that if we go down without improving our infrastructure we will be back to 2010 square one, but if we can improve our ground we can increase earnings potential. Brighton do not have such an easy option to radically improve income. They also have 10th biggest debt in European football [Link] so are dependent on Bloom stumping up the cash, they have not made a profit since moving to the Amex and so far are unsustainable .
At the end of the day though I just want to laugh at Brighton who are beginning to like the footballing equivalent of lottery winner Micky Carroll and blown all their money on a banger racing track in their back yard. Let's hope like him they are back on the bins soon


 


One supporter of hacking argued that without it "you will do away with the courage and pluck of the game, and I will be bound to bring over a lot of Frenchmen who would beat you with a week's practice -Blackheath secretary at first meeting of the F.A

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Online Flag Horsham 05 Mar 20 9.15am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Another thread on NSC is "What themed days would you like at the Amex?"

Leading the way is Gay Icons.... I kid you not

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 05 Mar 20 9.35am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Ketteridge


Yep it is just net transfer spend so no other income or outgoings are taken into account. You are also right our wage bill is higher. It really just shows the different models Palace and Brighton use,palace older players at low cost but with high wages to reflect their prem experience. Brighton have gone for high cost low wage, trying to pick bargains that will have a sell on value. This so far hasn't worked for them.
It does concern me that if we go down without improving our infrastructure we will be back to 2010 square one, but if we can improve our ground we can increase earnings potential. Brighton do not have such an easy option to radically improve income. They also have 10th biggest debt in European football [Link] so are dependent on Bloom stumping up the cash, they have not made a profit since moving to the Amex and so far are unsustainable .
At the end of the day though I just want to laugh at Brighton who are beginning to like the footballing equivalent of lottery winner Micky Carroll and blown all their money on a banger racing track in their back yard. Let's hope like him they are back on the bins soon


I think if we did get relegated then square 1 would be very close to where we’ll be. Brighton would be able to offload players easier or keep paying the ones they have while receiving parachute payments.

While Bloom is around and willing and making his multi millions they aren’t in any danger. When that ends they’ll be ordinary or worse again. But that isn’t on the horizon, unless bloom falls in love on gay icon day the Brighton fans I read on HOL are calling for at an open day at The Amex and his gay lover detests football and to keep his perfect gay lover, Bloom must sell up and forget football.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View buzby1's Profile buzby1 Flag Devon 05 Apr 21 8.46am Send a Private Message to buzby1 Add buzby1 as a friend

Listening to 5 Live this morning and a Brighton supporter saying that they only need a decent striker and they will be challenging for a top six finish. Delusional to the point of needing medical urgent medical intervention.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kingdowieonthewall's Profile kingdowieonthewall Flag glorious Goring by sea 05 Apr 21 9.08am Send a Private Message to kingdowieonthewall Add kingdowieonthewall as a friend

Originally posted by buzby1

Listening to 5 Live this morning and a Brighton supporter saying that they only need a decent striker and they will be challenging for a top six finish. Delusional to the point of needing medical urgent medical intervention.

Could still go down, but Toon or Fulham will take that spot.

 


Kids,tired of being bothered by your pesky parents?
Then leave home, get a job & pay your own bills, while you still know everything.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chris123's Profile chris123 Flag hove actually 05 Apr 21 9.11am Send a Private Message to chris123 Add chris123 as a friend

Originally posted by Ketteridge


Yep it is just net transfer spend so no other income or outgoings are taken into account. You are also right our wage bill is higher. It really just shows the different models Palace and Brighton use,palace older players at low cost but with high wages to reflect their prem experience. Brighton have gone for high cost low wage, trying to pick bargains that will have a sell on value. This so far hasn't worked for them.
It does concern me that if we go down without improving our infrastructure we will be back to 2010 square one, but if we can improve our ground we can increase earnings potential. Brighton do not have such an easy option to radically improve income. They also have 10th biggest debt in European football [Link] so are dependent on Bloom stumping up the cash, they have not made a profit since moving to the Amex and so far are unsustainable .
At the end of the day though I just want to laugh at Brighton who are beginning to like the footballing equivalent of lottery winner Micky Carroll and blown all their money on a banger racing track in their back yard. Let's hope like him they are back on the bins soon


They do have a good coach though in my view.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 05 Apr 21 9.41am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by buzby1

Listening to 5 Live this morning and a Brighton supporter saying that they only need a decent striker and they will be challenging for a top six finish. Delusional to the point of needing medical urgent medical intervention.

What I find amusing are their supporters comments in the online version of the local paper ( Argus ).

They complain about Potter, tippy tappy but no end product football, bizarre use of substitutes, transfer policy, their Director of Football...sounds familiar doesn't it !

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 05 Apr 21 9.42am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by chris123

They do have a good coach though in my view.

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 05 Apr 21 9.47am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Online Flag Horsham 05 Apr 21 10.34am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by buzby1

Listening to 5 Live this morning and a Brighton supporter saying that they only need a decent striker and they will be challenging for a top six finish. Delusional to the point of needing medical urgent medical intervention.

Dip into NSC occasionally, it is hilarious. After beating an off- form Liverpool, the best quote was “ we are on the cusp of greatness”

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 05 Apr 21 10.58am Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

What I find amusing are their supporters comments in the online version of the local paper ( Argus ).

They complain about Potter, tippy tappy but no end product football, bizarre use of substitutes, transfer policy, their Director of Football...sounds familiar doesn't it !

Yes Neillo it does. Funny thing is, you'd probably find similar on most club's forums. Soccer fans will always find something about their club to grumble about. Even Klopp gets stick and the Man U lot can't stand the Glazers.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Away Fans > Only Brighton...