You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > The moaning about the lack of transfer activity thread
July 6 2020 6.57am

The moaning about the lack of transfer activity thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 55 of 56 < 51 52 53 54 55 56 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View grumpymort's Profile grumpymort Flag 09 Aug 19 7.00pm Send a Private Message to grumpymort Add grumpymort as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

I have to disagree.
He did well for Marseille and he would only be around for a season.

You know what you are getting and he knows you know.


If he did so well why is he a free agent they would of signed him.

other issue is he would want lot of money.

i expect he will go to a minor club or one of the ones in the likes of brazil for only 1 year then they will get rid of him

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 09 Aug 19 9.51pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort


If he did so well why is he a free agent they would of signed him.

other issue is he would want lot of money.

i expect he will go to a minor club or one of the ones in the likes of brazil for only 1 year then they will get rid of him

He is obviously a difficult character but he scores a goal every other game.
It seems like a choice between him and that other nutcase Sturridge.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 03 Sep 19 3.14pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Although we seem to be doing ok and have players to come back, there are still obvious problems with our squad. You would have thought we might be looking at some of the free agents? As far as I can tell we are still able to sign players on a free and we have squad spaces. We don't seem to be linked with anything though. Presumably looking at January?

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 04 Sep 19 10.24am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

As far as I can tell we are still able to sign players on a free and we have squad spaces.

The squad of 25 has been submitted and the two "spare" spaces have been filled by two over age development squad keepers so that's it until January

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 05 Sep 19 3.31pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

The squad of 25 has been submitted and the two "spare" spaces have been filled by two over age development squad keepers so that's it until January

We will probably be okay but I wouldn't label our recruitment as proactive.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 05 Sep 19 3.53pm Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

find it hard to understand why we never used any loan options this time, up to 4 available English and European. surely there must have been a full back or forward who could have improved our squad.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View RyWa's Profile RyWa Flag Beckenham 10 Sep 19 9.49am Send a Private Message to RyWa Add RyWa as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

find it hard to understand why we never used any loan options this time, up to 4 available English and European. surely there must have been a full back or forward who could have improved our squad.

We used one which was Camarasa, but you're right, we could've got a couple of quality players from Europe in and then not had to register 4 goalkeepers.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 06 Dec 19 8.04am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

January window coming up it occurs to me we should be buying players from West Ham. Tompkins and Kouyote have been great for us and reasonably priced.

Where as buying from Liverpool has been a bit hit or miss. Kelly great purchase great value, Benteke bit of a miss, Sakho good but expensive.

So any West Ham players not in their first team we would like?

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View braunstoneagle's Profile braunstoneagle Flag the middle of bumf*** nowhere... 06 Dec 19 9.16am Send a Private Message to braunstoneagle Add braunstoneagle as a friend

for me, the transfer strategy has worked well over the past few seasons...and we should continue to work to this more sustainable model moving forward.

unless we find ourselves with the chance to sign a player we 100% know would improve the first team, like michi for example, we should continue with free transfers and cheap fees.

i would also argue we dont need to sign anybody in janaury. maybe “that striker” but thats it

 


‘Football isn’t instant coffee. You have to work at it. You must grow the bean, grind it.’ Ian Holloway


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Crystal_Clear's Profile Crystal_Clear Flag Belfast 06 Dec 19 6.57pm Send a Private Message to Crystal_Clear Add Crystal_Clear as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

January window coming up it occurs to me we should be buying players from West Ham. Tompkins and Kouyote have been great for us and reasonably priced.

Where as buying from Liverpool has been a bit hit or miss. Kelly great purchase great value, Benteke bit of a miss, Sakho good but expensive.

So any West Ham players not in their first team we would like?

I suspect if Pellegrini goes, we might be back in for Antonio.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View braunstoneagle's Profile braunstoneagle Flag the middle of bumf*** nowhere... 06 Dec 19 7.00pm Send a Private Message to braunstoneagle Add braunstoneagle as a friend

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear

I suspect if Pellegrini goes, we might be back in for Antonio.

i would say we have enough midfielders & another ageing player shouldnt be a priority...

 


‘Football isn’t instant coffee. You have to work at it. You must grow the bean, grind it.’ Ian Holloway


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Crystal_Clear's Profile Crystal_Clear Flag Belfast 06 Dec 19 7.17pm Send a Private Message to Crystal_Clear Add Crystal_Clear as a friend

Originally posted by braunstoneagle

i would say we have enough midfielders & another ageing player shouldnt be a priority...

He is versatile though. As he has played upfront, but also played right back as well. Both positions we lack cover in.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 55 of 56 < 51 52 53 54 55 56 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > The moaning about the lack of transfer activity thread