You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Defence injuries
August 25 2019 3.37pm

Defence injuries

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 4 First< 1 2 3 4

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View mileend's Profile mileend Flag East London 19 Jul 19 1.14am Send a Private Message to mileend Add mileend as a friend

not sure where the misunderstanding about the AWB sale is coming from - the USA investors want to sell so the first thing they insist on is the repayment of their loans - last accounts had something like 35 million in Director loans - so they get repaid that leaves 10m. Should just about cover the rest of the annual losses.

The wages will still cover 80% of the revenue and all the other costs of running the club will take up the other 20%. Obviously the Americans on the way out aren't going to cover any new loans to buy new players. So there is no money from them for transfers so it will depend on the other shareholders to come up with the cash. If I was the bank I would't be that interested in risking it.

Maybe in Jan if the yanks haven't sold their shares they will put in more to stave off relagation? But I would have some sympathy with them that the likely purchases would be absolute sh!te judging by Dougie's recent record. Seriously the worst DofF in history surely!

So there are going to be limited purchases. The two loans will be crucial to survival.

Parish is probably more interested in any new potential investors than right backs as it is all looking a bit shaky right now. Next year we will start losing players on a free even if one we will be pleased to see the back of it is still a huge loss for the club that has no generous benefactor to cover it.

We needed the new stand a couple of years ago to avoid hitting this financial brick wall. The pain of West Ham getting a new 60,000 stadium for free is very real. The fans may hate it but it is going to keep them top 10 for years.

We did survive somehow under Pulis in the first year and Newcastle and Brighton are looking weak too - so we have a 50/50 chance at the moment - with the 3 coming up - to avoid relegation.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 19 Jul 19 6.28am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by mileend

not sure where the misunderstanding about the AWB sale is coming from - the USA investors want to sell so the first thing they insist on is the repayment of their loans - last accounts had something like 35 million in Director loans - so they get repaid that leaves 10m. Should just about cover the rest of the annual losses.

The misunderstandings comes when people try and post their opinions as fact.

If the American investors want to sell then the loans will in all likelihood be replaced by loans from the incoming shareholders

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View crvenaeagle's Profile crvenaeagle Flag 19 Jul 19 6.37am Send a Private Message to crvenaeagle Add crvenaeagle as a friend

Normally at the beginning of the season I'm happy to put my opinions on ice and allow all the doomsayers to vent their frustrations knowing that we'll probably just about be alright again but actually this time I'm gonna put a few quid on us to go back home. Woops! Don't get angry!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 19 Jul 19 3.55pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Danger Will Robinson

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Aray's Profile Aray Flag London 19 Jul 19 5.41pm Send a Private Message to Aray Add Aray as a friend

I am surprised to read this quote from Roy. Is it in context? Personally I think we are fully stocked at CB! We do need a new RB and a LB to give PvA some competition would't go amiss.

We do need a forward/attacker but I'm not too worried about the start of this season - compared to previous years when we've not even had a manager! Onwards and upwards...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View brides's Profile brides Flag Arnside . South lakes 19 Jul 19 7.42pm Send a Private Message to brides Add brides as a friend

Play Kouyate at the back. Done great In African cup.

Could be good

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Sayer's Profile Sayer Flag East Sussex 19 Jul 19 8.34pm Send a Private Message to Sayer Add Sayer as a friend

Just took a nasty tackle

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MR200%'s Profile MR200% Flag 19 Jul 19 9.17pm Send a Private Message to MR200% Add MR200% as a friend

The reason the one of the Investors is trying to sell out is that he wishes to be part of the TRUMP Election Campaign.At the moment there have been no bids for their stakes.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace in the Blood's Profile Palace in the Blood Flag 19 Jul 19 11.20pm Send a Private Message to Palace in the Blood Add Palace in the Blood as a friend

Originally posted by mileend

not sure where the misunderstanding about the AWB sale is coming from - the USA investors want to sell so the first thing they insist on is the repayment of their loans - last accounts had something like 35 million in Director loans - so they get repaid that leaves 10m. Should just about cover the rest of the annual losses.

The wages will still cover 80% of the revenue and all the other costs of running the club will take up the other 20%. Obviously the Americans on the way out aren't going to cover any new loans to buy new players. So there is no money from them for transfers so it will depend on the other shareholders to come up with the cash. If I was the bank I would't be that interested in risking it.

Maybe in Jan if the yanks haven't sold their shares they will put in more to stave off relagation? But I would have some sympathy with them that the likely purchases would be absolute sh!te judging by Dougie's recent record. Seriously the worst DofF in history surely!

So there are going to be limited purchases. The two loans will be crucial to survival.

Parish is probably more interested in any new potential investors than right backs as it is all looking a bit shaky right now. Next year we will start losing players on a free even if one we will be pleased to see the back of it is still a huge loss for the club that has no generous benefactor to cover it.

We needed the new stand a couple of years ago to avoid hitting this financial brick wall. The pain of West Ham getting a new 60,000 stadium for free is very real. The fans may hate it but it is going to keep them top 10 for years.

We did survive somehow under Pulis in the first year and Newcastle and Brighton are looking weak too - so we have a 50/50 chance at the moment - with the 3 coming up - to avoid relegation.

The loans from directors and share holdings are completely seperate entities.

When the directors lent the finances they will have draw up a loan agreement setting out the date and size of the loan, the agreed rate of interest and the repayment schedule.

If the individual sells their share holding then this has no effect on the loan agreement.

They can ask the limited company to repay the loan early ie change the loan agreement. This may happen but will be a decision for the new shareholders to take.

You do not have to be a shareholder to be a director

As a company director decisions should be based on the best interests of the company over any personal interests. Thus using the the AWB money to pay off director loans and thus reducing working liquid funds is not in the interest of the company.

What is possible is for the club to increase number of shares and use income from sale of these to pay off loans. This of course reduces value of existing shares

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 19 Jul 19 11.34pm

Originally posted by mileend

not sure where the misunderstanding about the AWB sale is coming from - the USA investors want to sell so the first thing they insist on is the repayment of their loans - last accounts had something like 35 million in Director loans - so they get repaid that leaves 10m. Should just about cover the rest of the annual losses.

The wages will still cover 80% of the revenue and all the other costs of running the club will take up the other 20%. Obviously the Americans on the way out aren't going to cover any new loans to buy new players. So there is no money from them for transfers so it will depend on the other shareholders to come up with the cash. If I was the bank I would't be that interested in risking it.

Maybe in Jan if the yanks haven't sold their shares they will put in more to stave off relagation? But I would have some sympathy with them that the likely purchases would be absolute sh!te judging by Dougie's recent record. Seriously the worst DofF in history surely!

So there are going to be limited purchases. The two loans will be crucial to survival.

Parish is probably more interested in any new potential investors than right backs as it is all looking a bit shaky right now. Next year we will start losing players on a free even if one we will be pleased to see the back of it is still a huge loss for the club that has no generous benefactor to cover it.

We needed the new stand a couple of years ago to avoid hitting this financial brick wall. The pain of West Ham getting a new 60,000 stadium for free is very real. The fans may hate it but it is going to keep them top 10 for years.

We did survive somehow under Pulis in the first year and Newcastle and Brighton are looking weak too - so we have a 50/50 chance at the moment - with the 3 coming up - to avoid relegation.

What a post!

Spot on and well presented.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 4 First< 1 2 3 4

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Defence injuries