You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread
September 19 2020 7.51pm

The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 33 of 151 < 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Plaistow Eagle's Profile Plaistow Eagle Flag 04 Aug 19 1.53pm Send a Private Message to Plaistow Eagle Add Plaistow Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by davehuggins

Plaistow you are very correct. WE NEED INVESTMENT.

Thanks DaveHuggins..!!

Meant to add my 5th player would be Maupay but think that horse may have bolted..!!

COYP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dancer Cat's Profile Dancer Cat Flag Farnborough 04 Aug 19 1.54pm Send a Private Message to Dancer Cat Add Dancer Cat as a friend

Originally posted by Plaistow Eagle

If he's that much of a fan why has he let this scenario transpire again?

Pre - season done now AWB sold for 50M 5+ weeks ago, still no signings of any note so know chance for RH to work with new signings and integrate them into the team.

So we're now back to the walls with 5 days before the transfer window shuts operating in the final days of the "Sales" allegedly trying to sign 4 or 5 players from what's left on the "racks"..!!

It ain't just this window - it's every bl@@dy window - same story.

Look I think we will sign 4 most likely;

Aguilar
Cahill
Camarasa
Watkins

Then keep Wilf..

But once again going into the first game we are undercooked following pre - season, meaning again we'll struggle early season be in the relegation mire again come October/November - whilst RH and RL work desperately to get the new signings integrated and work out our best team, format and style of play..

Then as before we'll hit some form with some hiccups along the way and probably finish lower half of mid table again - we'll all be happy having secured Prem status again despite once again going through the preverbial rinser early season.

So my question is if SP is such a fan why does he keep making the same mistakes.

My view is that SP is a fan yes - but loves the limelight more of being "the Big Cheese" at a Prem club without necessarily the financial resources to back it up - hence the Americans got/are getting disillusioned and SP is struggling to find other buyers/investors wit the insistence he remains at the helm.

IMO until this is sorted the status quo will remain.

COYP

Agree with your synopsis up to the bold text

What happens if an old squad now one year older, with a game plan most other premiership know well, cant deliver this up turn in form. I predict relegation - lose against Everton & Sheff Utd well be bottom & could easily stay there.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 04 Aug 19 2.30pm Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by Pete53

The thing that concerns me is that going into our 7th consecutive season in the Premier League ( which I willingly admit is no mean achievement) our stature and reputation as a club has not really grown in that time in the way it should have.

Our stadium hasn't improved, we start the season again as one of the favourites to be relegated, players don't seem over keen to come to Selhurst, there doesn't seem any coherent plan or strategy for the club in terms of squad development and recruitment.

We may survive another season but we really are skating on this ice.

Equal 7th favourite for relegation with Bournemouth and Southampton. Hardly one of the favourites.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 04 Aug 19 4.27pm Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by braunstoneagle

yes...i think we have enough with what we currently have to stay up.

it wont be enough to maintain 11th place, more than likely 14th or 15th.

i want to see signings at the club, but not just token signings to please fans, they have to be clever signings like meyer last season.

if we are offering 25m for reece james at chelsea, personally i feel we should be channelling our energy into purchasing ryan sessengon from fulham to allow wilf to take up a role further infield...he will turn a decent profit in a few years time.

I think we have to agree to disagree on this one because unfortunately, our DOF & Parish lack the necessary experience or expertise to make clever signings, I'm not sure I have seen anything from Meyer yet to put him in that category so clearly I'm missing something that you are seeing. As for SP/DF what have they done all summer, nothing as far as I can see because here we are with less than five days left of the TW and our clever signings to date have been a released GK from Nottingham Forest and a misfit from Swansea who did little when he was on loan with us last season. What about Sorloth & Jack, were they clever signings?. you just have to look at our activity over the last few windows to know that we are not capable of making clever signings, all our signings are last minute and often players no one else wants. As for the current squad all I can see is another season fighting away at the bottom of the table with an increased risk of the drop this year unless a miracle happens in the next couple of day. In summary we have no planning on team investment for the future, we lack leadership at the very top from a chairman who has exceeded his level of competence!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HesHereHesThere's Profile HesHereHesThere Flag Beckenham 04 Aug 19 5.20pm Send a Private Message to HesHereHesThere Add HesHereHesThere as a friend

Originally posted by Den1923

I think we have to agree to disagree on this one because unfortunately, our DOF & Parish lack the necessary experience or expertise to make clever signings, I'm not sure I have seen anything from Meyer yet to put him in that category so clearly I'm missing something that you are seeing. As for SP/DF what have they done all summer, nothing as far as I can see because here we are with less than five days left of the TW and our clever signings to date have been a released GK from Nottingham Forest and a misfit from Swansea who did little when he was on loan with us last season. What about Sorloth & Jack, were they clever signings?. you just have to look at our activity over the last few windows to know that we are not capable of making clever signings, all our signings are last minute and often players no one else wants. As for the current squad all I can see is another season fighting away at the bottom of the table with an increased risk of the drop this year unless a miracle happens in the next couple of day. In summary we have no planning on team investment for the future, we lack leadership at the very top from a chairman who has exceeded his level of competence!

Agreed.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nobbybm's Profile Nobbybm Flag Dartford 05 Aug 19 7.47am Send a Private Message to Nobbybm Add Nobbybm as a friend

Originally posted by braunstoneagle

yes...i think we have enough with what we currently have to stay up.

it wont be enough to maintain 11th place, more than likely 14th or 15th.

i want to see signings at the club, but not just token signings to please fans, they have to be clever signings like meyer last season.

if we are offering 25m for reece james at chelsea, personally i feel we should be channelling our energy into purchasing ryan sessengon from fulham to allow wilf to take up a role further infield...he will turn a decent profit in a few years time.

Saturday's performance clearly showed we are 3 injuries away from disaster - defence looked shaky, at best, without Sakho & Tomkins and without Wilf up front we had little threat going forward.

Because of this, we can't really gamble on bringing in players who are unproven/unknown - I include Sessignon in that as he really looked out of his depth last season & there's a reason that there isn't a long queue of clubs trying to sign him.

The lack of competition for places does little to help either.

 


Will this be five? It's gonna be five! It IS five!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ARGILE OLD GEEZER's Profile ARGILE OLD GEEZER Flag PORTIMAO 05 Aug 19 8.05am Send a Private Message to ARGILE OLD GEEZER Add ARGILE OLD GEEZER as a friend

Originally posted by Nobbybm

Saturday's performance clearly showed we are 3 injuries away from disaster - defence looked shaky, at best, without Sakho & Tomkins and without Wilf up front we had little threat going forward.

Because of this, we can't really gamble on bringing in players who are unproven/unknown - I include Sessignon in that as he really looked out of his depth last season & there's a reason that there isn't a long queue of clubs trying to sign him.

The lack of competition for places does little to help either.

We already look like a disaster team, even without 3 more injuries.
Reason clubs aren't trying to buy Sessignon (except Spurs)is because Fulham want a lot for him, 40M i believe-

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pete53's Profile Pete53 Online Flag Hassocks 05 Aug 19 4.22pm Send a Private Message to Pete53 Add Pete53 as a friend

Just a thought - to what extent does Parish communicate with Hodgson about club affairs, and, in particular possible transfers in and out?

For example, of the ongoing Zaha will he go or stay saga, Hodgson apparently says "He (Zaha) hasn't spoken to me. I don't know if he's spoken to the club."

Is this normal practice for a chairman to not keep the manage informed of what's going on, or is Hodgson fully aware but just deflecting speculation?

In a way I hope it is the latter as it would be worrying if our manager is not kept informed about issues that may have a serious affect on team performance.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View susmik's Profile susmik Flag PLYMOUTH -But Made in Old Coulsdon... 05 Aug 19 4.28pm Send a Private Message to susmik Add susmik as a friend

Originally posted by Pete53

Just a thought - to what extent does Parish communicate with Hodgson about club affairs, and, in particular possible transfers in and out?

For example, of the ongoing Zaha will he go or stay saga, Hodgson apparently says "He (Zaha) hasn't spoken to me. I don't know if he's spoken to the club."

Is this normal practice for a chairman to not keep the manage informed of what's going on, or is Hodgson fully aware but just deflecting speculation?

In a way I hope it is the latter as it would be worrying if our manager is not kept informed about issues that may have a serious affect on team performance.

I have often wondered why RH seems to know nothing that's going on at our club and I have come to 2 conclusions: 1)He forgets everything as he does with substitutions in games. 2) Steve Parish an co do not tell him things due to the way he gives press conferences. He tends to always come up with with "I don't know as no one ever tells me anything"......I can see why I really do !!

 


Supported Palace for over 69 years since the age of 7 and have seen all the ups and downs and will probably see many more ups and downs before I go up to the big football club in the sky.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View est1905's Profile est1905 Flag 05 Aug 19 5.51pm Send a Private Message to est1905 Add est1905 as a friend

If you look back through his career Roy has had a similar response to that type of question.
I think he is 100% bang up to date on what is going on if it effects his preparations or any of his players.
I believe he just plays the 'no one tells me anything' card because he cant be bothered with endless questions/speculation and would prefer to stick to facts instead of what ifs.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View black eagle.'s Profile black eagle. Flag south croydon. 05 Aug 19 5.56pm Send a Private Message to black eagle. Add black eagle. as a friend

Originally posted by est1905

If you look back through his career Roy has had a similar response to that type of question.
I think he is 100% bang up to date on what is going on if it effects his preparations or any of his players.
I believe he just plays the 'no one tells me anything' card because he cant be bothered with endless questions/speculation and would prefer to stick to facts instead of what ifs.

Yeap Roy plays it with a straight bat,unlike England at Edgebaston today.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 05 Aug 19 7.32pm Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by est1905

If you look back through his career Roy has had a similar response to that type of question.
I think he is 100% bang up to date on what is going on if it effects his preparations or any of his players.
I believe he just plays the 'no one tells me anything' card because he cant be bothered with endless questions/speculation and would prefer to stick to facts instead of what ifs.

Exactly, a professional approach, if you say you know nothing, it cuts the questioning dead. This way he doesn't feed the media with something that is obviously changing day by day.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 33 of 151 < 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread