You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The moaning about Parish/Hodgson thread
October 22 2019 10.00am

The moaning about Parish/Hodgson thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 59 of 63 < 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 17 Sep 19 1.21pm Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

I canít believe you donít understand about the investment and ground. Itís been discussed to the death on here. Just read the financial accounts.

to be fair in the accounts it does state that investment in the team is an important part of the clubs strategy to avoid relegation and I think people are rightly saying that have not been happening and would like to know why?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View est1905's Profile est1905 Flag 17 Sep 19 5.50pm Send a Private Message to est1905 Add est1905 as a friend

Originally posted by Den1923

to be fair in the accounts it does state that investment in the team is an important part of the clubs strategy to avoid relegation and I think people are rightly saying that have not been happening and would like to know why?

This is a fair enough question/point. Parish has persistently insisted the ground redevelopment monies are ringfenced and in no way linked to the transfer fund nor day to day running costs. If this is indeed the case you have to wonder why Palace have not spent hardly any money but saved on wages with the release of out of contract players as well as brought in 45m from the sale of AWB. And before anyone says targets value goes up when their club know its us because we have the AWB money that is complete rubbish. Clubs will always get what they can for their players regardless of how much money the buying club may or may not have to spend. Its a weak and lame excuse trotted out by an out of his depth Freedman that thinks comments like that pull the wool over fans eys.
Bottom line: If we wanted to sign players in the summer we would have.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 18 Sep 19 9.24am Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by est1905

This is a fair enough question/point. Parish has persistently insisted the ground redevelopment monies are ringfenced and in no way linked to the transfer fund nor day to day running costs. If this is indeed the case you have to wonder why Palace have not spent hardly any money but saved on wages with the release of out of contract players as well as brought in 45m from the sale of AWB. And before anyone says targets value goes up when their club know its us because we have the AWB money that is complete rubbish. Clubs will always get what they can for their players regardless of how much money the buying club may or may not have to spend. Its a weak and lame excuse trotted out by an out of his depth Freedman that thinks comments like that pull the wool over fans eys.
Bottom line: If we wanted to sign players in the summer we would have.

Cahill, Camarsa and McCarthy were signed in the summer, do you think they play for nothing, any wages saved on players released has been used to pay them.
Did you not realise we had signed them in the summer? Your post indicates you didnít.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cpj's Profile cpj Flag Kent 18 Sep 19 9.33am Send a Private Message to cpj Add cpj as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

Cahill, Camarsa and McCarthy were signed in the summer, do you think they play for nothing, any wages saved on players released has been used to pay them.
Did you not realise we had signed them in the summer? Your post indicates you didnít.

I think the point is that to most fans those weren't the positions we needed to be getting people in for. We needed a decent striker and 2 full-backs - we got none of those (I still don't count Ayew in that). Camarasa and McCarthy look like they will be squad members at best even though Roy had been after the latter for ages.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 18 Sep 19 9.40am Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by cpj

I think the point is that to most fans those weren't the positions we needed to be getting people in for. We needed a decent striker and 2 full-backs - we got none of those (I still don't count Ayew in that). Camarasa and McCarthy look like they will be squad members at best even though Roy had been after the latter for ages.

Dann, Kelly and Tomkins out, so Cahill was a bad signing? This obsession with full backs is a red herring, both current full backs are experienced with Kelly, Reiderweld and Schlupp as cover.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CrazyBadger's Profile CrazyBadger Flag Ware 18 Sep 19 10.25am Send a Private Message to CrazyBadger Add CrazyBadger as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

Cahill, Camarsa and McCarthy were signed in the summer, do you think they play for nothing, any wages saved on players released has been used to pay them.
Did you not realise we had signed them in the summer? Your post indicates you didnít.

Someone should tell Roy we signed them in the summer, I'm not sure he realises it either!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 18 Sep 19 12.04pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

Dann, Kelly and Tomkins out, so Cahill was a bad signing? This obsession with full backs is a red herring, both current full backs are experienced with Kelly, Reiderweld and Schlupp as cover.

The full back problem is far from a red herring. Ward has been a good servant and Van Aanholt is good going forward but neither are that good. Frankly, the cover you mention there is absolutely dire. There will inevitably be injuries and we will suffer.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View susmik's Profile susmik Flag PLYMOUTH -But Made in Old Coulsdon... 18 Sep 19 1.50pm Send a Private Message to susmik Add susmik as a friend

Take Note Roy: [Link]

 


Supported Palace for over 69 years since the age of 7 and have seen all the ups and downs and will probably see many more ups and downs before I go up to the big football club in the sky.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 18 Sep 19 3.28pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by susmik

Take Note Roy: [Link]

I don't think Roy has to take note. 99 percent of those players will be getting a desk job soon enough. They are not good enough and that's that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View susmik's Profile susmik Flag PLYMOUTH -But Made in Old Coulsdon... 18 Sep 19 3.42pm Send a Private Message to susmik Add susmik as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

I don't think Roy has to take note. 99 percent of those players will be getting a desk job soon enough. They are not good enough and that's that.

Not from what I have seen in the younger players. Even Mark Bright is sure there are a couple of good players he watches. You have to give them a chance to see what they can do ....Just like other clubs do.

Wan Bissaka was given a chance when we had lots of injuries and looked what happened there.

 


Supported Palace for over 69 years since the age of 7 and have seen all the ups and downs and will probably see many more ups and downs before I go up to the big football club in the sky.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View JohnB's Profile JohnB Flag 18 Sep 19 4.06pm Send a Private Message to JohnB Add JohnB as a friend

Originally posted by susmik

Not from what I have seen in the younger players. Even Mark Bright is sure there are a couple of good players he watches. You have to give them a chance to see what they can do ....Just like other clubs do.

Wan Bissaka was given a chance when we had lots of injuries and looked what happened there.

Richard Shaw:

Crystal Palace under-23s boss Richard Shaw does not believe any of the current crop of youngsters have the ability to break into the Premier League side.

Shaw said: "The harsh reality is , the guys here aren't going to make it here at Crystal Palace. The harsh reality is the guys aren't going to make it in the Premier League, it's tough it's hard.

"The reality is they might make in League One League Two, league five, the National Conference because that's a good league now."

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Online Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 18 Sep 19 4.10pm Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by susmik

Not from what I have seen in the younger players. Even Mark Bright is sure there are a couple of good players he watches. You have to give them a chance to see what they can do ....Just like other clubs do.

Wan Bissaka was given a chance when we had lots of injuries and looked what happened there.

Out of interest who are the younger players that you have seen that are ready for the first team and in genuine competition for a place ?

Like it or not, when you are scrapping for points and in the race to get to 36 or whatever you consider safe these days, itís unlikely the manager is going to take a chance on youth. If they do then itís likely to be an outstanding individual that is being pushed by his coach.

I havenít seen evidence that Richard Shaw is doing that for any of his players right now.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 59 of 63 < 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The moaning about Parish/Hodgson thread