You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Screwed next season
December 16 2019 9.59am

Screwed next season

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last Ľ

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View alffy's Profile alffy Flag 09 Aug 19 1.08pm Send a Private Message to alffy Add alffy as a friend

Anyone else thinking that next summer our transfer targets will number half a squad, and judging by this windows activity we could be well and truly screwed. Zaha will definitely go. Luka and Benteke's contracts are up, as is Dann's I think. Camarasa may or may not be signed, depending on appearances.
We will need to replace these players but more worryingly is the amount of players who will have only one year left and with our current situation I doubt many will renew. Next summer these players will have 1 year ledt; Townsend, Sakho, Meyer, Van Aanholt, Schlupp, Cahill, Tomkins, Mcarthur, Hennessy, Guieta, Ward, Kelly and Wickham. Could be a messy nightmare lol.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bangell's Profile Bangell Flag Oxford 09 Aug 19 1.13pm Send a Private Message to Bangell Add Bangell as a friend

I do think next season will be when we go down at this rate. It all depends on what happens behind the scenes - clearly there's something up with the finances and investors and it's prohibiting our ability to do business from a financial point of view.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ian-VI's Profile Ian-VI Flag Vicenza 09 Aug 19 1.16pm Send a Private Message to Ian-VI Add Ian-VI as a friend

At all! It will be the first time we can get decent players in, with Wilf and Benteke's contracts out we have 250k per week available.
I remember writing here before the transfer window even opened, we cannot buy someone decent until we get rid of Benteke.

 


The best footie management game: [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View coulsdoneagle's Profile coulsdoneagle Flag London 09 Aug 19 1.24pm Send a Private Message to coulsdoneagle Add coulsdoneagle as a friend

i think itís Roys last season. His contract is up at the end and he is really getting on now so Iíd imagine the incoming manager will have the chance to fully revamp the squad and spend a considerable amount of money and have a full vision.

I actually like that way of thinking, but it means the manager recruitment is so so important and we canít afford a FDB type of hire.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View new_in_Wait's Profile new_in_Wait Flag Lewisham 09 Aug 19 2.31pm Send a Private Message to new_in_Wait Add new_in_Wait as a friend

Originally posted by alffy

Anyone else thinking that next summer our transfer targets will number half a squad, and judging by this windows activity we could be well and truly screwed. Zaha will definitely go. Luka and Benteke's contracts are up, as is Dann's I think. Camarasa may or may not be signed, depending on appearances.
We will need to replace these players but more worryingly is the amount of players who will have only one year left and with our current situation I doubt many will renew. Next summer these players will have 1 year ledt; Townsend, Sakho, Meyer, Van Aanholt, Schlupp, Cahill, Tomkins, Mcarthur, Hennessy, Guieta, Ward, Kelly and Wickham. Could be a messy nightmare lol.

we'll probably cash in on those who won't want to renew: Meyer, McArthur (will want to return to Scotland), maybe Guaita and renew the bang average amigos we love to hate - Kelly, Ward, Schlupp. If we get 70-80 on Zaha and a combined 40 on the above, we should be able to invest 40-50 in new signings + 2 domestic loans + 2 foreign loans + next year's Cahill and Henderson. There are always some older, lacking match fitness ex-England internationals waiting to be snapped up (Caroll after a season at Newcastle, 1 goal in 13 apps)

We shouldn't think we'll 'revamp' anything, we'll find 6-7 McCarthy's and that will be it. Or if we drop to the C'ship, we bring in some league one players. I truly believe that Schlupp can be a formidable Championship LB

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View becky's Profile becky Flag over the moon 09 Aug 19 3.38pm Send a Private Message to becky Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add becky as a friend

Originally posted by coulsdoneagle

i think itís Roys last season. His contract is up at the end and he is really getting on now so Iíd imagine the incoming manager will have the chance to fully revamp the squad and spend a considerable amount of money and have a full vision.

I actually like that way of thinking, but it means the manager recruitment is so so important and we canít afford a FDB type of hire.

This is what I have been saying about the lack of 'big' name purchases this window - why spend bucket-loads now when a new manager next year may want an entirely different type of player

 


A stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell give some indication of expected traffic numbers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag Chelsea 09 Aug 19 3.55pm Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Based on the forward projections of the company in a melting pot, I cant see CPFC shares being worth much more than £100m, and thats if we are Premier.
Asset value of players is declining due to short contracts. The freehold of the site and the goodwill.
Nevertheless that will give the original shareholders a healthy profit.
From the fans point of view the cheaper the better as it will leave an incoming buyer with more to spend on securing our position.
I reckon we need someone with £400m + to take it over.
Plenty in that bracket in the east.
Or £1 billion, take over Crystal Palace Park and do something really special.
Hotels, Football, Shopping Centre, etc etc.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View KAOS's Profile KAOS Flag In a tree 09 Aug 19 4.03pm Send a Private Message to KAOS Add KAOS as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

Based on the forward projections of the company in a melting pot, I cant see CPFC shares being worth much more than £100m, and thats if we are Premier.
Asset value of players is declining due to short contracts. The freehold of the site and the goodwill.
Nevertheless that will give the original shareholders a healthy profit.
From the fans point of view the cheaper the better as it will leave an incoming buyer with more to spend on securing our position.
I reckon we need someone with £400m + to take it over.
Plenty in that bracket in the east.
Or £1 billion, take over Crystal Palace Park and do something really special.
Hotels, Football, Shopping Centre, etc etc.


With Penge High Street resembling The Kings Road with it's fancy shops & eateries!!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View grumpymort's Profile grumpymort Flag 09 Aug 19 4.15pm Send a Private Message to grumpymort Add grumpymort as a friend

Originally posted by coulsdoneagle

i think itís Roys last season. His contract is up at the end and he is really getting on now so Iíd imagine the incoming manager will have the chance to fully revamp the squad and spend a considerable amount of money and have a full vision.

I actually like that way of thinking, but it means the manager recruitment is so so important and we canít afford a FDB type of hire.


After what has just gone down this windows again I would say yes it's Roy last season.

Roy would of agreed another deal otherwise but he really hasn't had any backing look at how poor the windows have been for him.

New manager yeah that has worked out well look how long they take again for that so we would end up getting one at end of pre season with no times for them to do anything plus with window closing so early now it's dangerous plus come on you really think they would give big sums for new manager hardly didn't do it for Roy.

Only good thing about contracts running down is if we get relegated those big costs go but again more money down the drain with players walking for free.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Frickin Saweet's Profile Frickin Saweet Flag Just outside The Cronx 09 Aug 19 4.17pm Send a Private Message to Frickin Saweet Add Frickin Saweet as a friend

let's get through this season first eh? That's more likely to define next summer, rather than this summer will, if you catch my drift.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View gerry theagle's Profile gerry theagle Flag newbury 09 Aug 19 4.24pm Send a Private Message to gerry theagle Add gerry theagle as a friend

Good point Frickin, let's see how this season pans out, could be better than anticipated could be worse, hopefully the former.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View beak's Profile beak Flag croydon 09 Aug 19 4.24pm Send a Private Message to beak Add beak as a friend

Originally posted by alffy Next season is too far away to make any sort of judgement.

Anyone else thinking that next summer our transfer targets will number half a squad, and judging by this windows activity we could be well and truly screwed. Zaha will definitely go. Luka and Benteke's contracts are up, as is Dann's I think. Camarasa may or may not be signed, depending on appearances.
We will need to replace these players but more worryingly is the amount of players who will have only one year left and with our current situation I doubt many will renew. Next summer these players will have 1 year ledt; Townsend, Sakho, Meyer, Van Aanholt, Schlupp, Cahill, Tomkins, Mcarthur, Hennessy, Guieta, Ward, Kelly and Wickham. Could be a messy nightmare lol.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last Ľ

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Screwed next season