You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > var
December 11 2019 1.24am

var

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Crystal_Clear's Profile Crystal_Clear Flag Belfast 09 Aug 19 7.33pm Send a Private Message to Crystal_Clear Add Crystal_Clear as a friend

Just watching the build up to Liverpool vs Norwich. I forgot about VAR this season. It's going to be a bloody nightmare.

It will be scrapped after this season, if it makes the season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 09 Aug 19 7.44pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear

Just watching the build up to Liverpool vs Norwich. I forgot about VAR this season. It's going to be a bloody nightmare.

It will be scrapped after this season, if it makes the season.

I beg to differ.
VAR is here to stay.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Crystal_Clear's Profile Crystal_Clear Flag Belfast 09 Aug 19 9.08pm Send a Private Message to Crystal_Clear Add Crystal_Clear as a friend

Look at this !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant start the game because the microphone doesnt work.

Just the start of the VAR debacle.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View grumpymort's Profile grumpymort Flag 09 Aug 19 9.35pm Send a Private Message to grumpymort Add grumpymort as a friend

I have been speaking about this with a few people and the problem with VAR is the same as not using VAR people.

While people do make the decisions it will end the same because it comes down to how each person interprates the rules and what they are seeing.

Even last season you would see multi refs on different shows watching replays and coming out with this was a pen or it wasn't.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Phil’s Barber's Profile Phil’s Barber Flag Crowborough 10 Aug 19 2.21pm Send a Private Message to Phil’s Barber Add Phil’s Barber as a friend

VAR killing the game!

Watching the WHUFC v MCFC game it is just a joke!

No atmosphere, the Man City goals barely celebrated because of the likely VAR review and both of the goal decisions wrong! The first Sterling goal was onside and given off and the second was offside and given on!

The TV angles used for VAR gave them one view but this gave a distorted and incorrect result and when each is viewed perfectly side on they are both wrong.

Then the saved penalty was retaken for both encroachment and the goalie moving off his line.

This is just gonna kill any excitement in watching the game IMHO.


Edited by Phil’s Barber (10 Aug 2019 2.23pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 10 Aug 19 2.57pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by Phil’s Barber

VAR killing the game!

Watching the WHUFC v MCFC game it is just a joke!

No atmosphere, the Man City goals barely celebrated because of the likely VAR review and both of the goal decisions wrong! The first Sterling goal was onside and given off and the second was offside and given on!

The TV angles used for VAR gave them one view but this gave a distorted and incorrect result and when each is viewed perfectly side on they are both wrong.

Then the saved penalty was retaken for both encroachment and the goalie moving off his line.

This is just gonna kill any excitement in watching the game IMHO.


Edited by Phil’s Barber (10 Aug 2019 2.23pm)

Offside used to be the players foot/leg, now it is the whole of the body from shoulder to shoulder. I too, watche BT Sports coverage of said match & was suprised bout the VAR decisions except the pen, keeper was well off his line & there were 2 WH players encroaching.

VAR is going to cause mayhem this season, BUT, its what everybody has been wanting, an old adage, be carefull what you ask for, springs to mind.

 


Is joining the 'Grumpy Old Gits' Club

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Superhorns3's Profile Superhorns3 Flag Harpdenden 10 Aug 19 10.53pm Send a Private Message to Superhorns3 Add Superhorns3 as a friend

The goalies have been warned about coming off their line too far ...

However I agree it will contentious in some cases but will prove to be useful in some cases .

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 11 Aug 19 12.07am Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear

Just watching the build up to Liverpool vs Norwich. I forgot about VAR this season. It's going to be a bloody nightmare.

It will be scrapped after this season, if it makes the season.

It was disastrous during the Women's World Cup. I'm guessing there will be a few results that will be heavily skewed by it this season which will leave everyone infuriated by the end of the season. It should be used very sparingly.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 11 Aug 19 12.08am Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort

I have been speaking about this with a few people and the problem with VAR is the same as not using VAR people.

While people do make the decisions it will end the same because it comes down to how each person interprates the rules and what they are seeing.

Even last season you would see multi refs on different shows watching replays and coming out with this was a pen or it wasn't.

Exactly that. It can be useful in a very limited capacity but I fear we're going from one explain to the other. I dread to think how many pens will be retaken this year.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jamesrichards8's Profile Jamesrichards8 Flag 11 Aug 19 2.24am Send a Private Message to Jamesrichards8 Add Jamesrichards8 as a friend

Absolute VAR horror show in the man city game. No consistency, no logic and much less excitement with VAR. The sooner they scrap this nonsense the better. Instead of the referee making the (occasionally incorrect) decision with the benefit of context of the game, some inconsistent ‘officials’ are going to make the (occasionally incorrect) call from some room somewhere far away.. Where’s the benefit?

Edited by Jamesrichards8 (11 Aug 2019 2.27am)

 


When you’re knocked on your back and your life’s a flop...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ghostship's Profile Ghostship Flag Norfolk 11 Aug 19 7.18am Send a Private Message to Ghostship Add Ghostship as a friend

It is ridiculous that someone can have a goal ruled out as their shoulder was offside things like this make it a farce and in a close call like that advantage should go the attacking player.

You just know that at some point Palace will get screwed over by this

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 11 Aug 19 3.33pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

Offside used to be the players foot/leg, now it is the whole of the body from shoulder to shoulder. I too, watche BT Sports coverage of said match & was suprised bout the VAR decisions except the pen, keeper was well off his line & there were 2 WH players encroaching.

VAR is going to cause mayhem this season, BUT, its what everybody has been wanting, an old adage, be carefull what you ask for, springs to mind.

I think the goalie moving wasnt the reason.
Rice clearing the ball from encroaching was.
If fabianski had pushed it to safety ie behind then it would have stood.
Well that's what dipsy la la and po said on motd

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > var