You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace vs Everton Match Thread
August 19 2019 1.31pm

Palace vs Everton Match Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 18 of 19 < 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View sotac464's Profile sotac464 Flag Hawley 11 Aug 19 5.48pm Send a Private Message to sotac464 Add sotac464 as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Did you cut and paste this from your last season's posts?
You may well be right but a little possitivity wouldn't hurt now and again. I wonder how much the Chelsea midfield cost

How the hell can you get Positive thoughts about Benteke, Wickham and Ayew? Seventh season in the prem and this is our strike force.

 


My equalibrium unbalanced me. Paul Draper Brighton 19/2/2018

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Online Flag Horsham 11 Aug 19 6.45pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by sotac464

How the hell can you get Positive thoughts about Benteke, Wickham and Ayew? Seventh season in the prem and this is our strike force.

I meant about the whole team, he is a bit of a doomster

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 11 Aug 19 7.01pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

I meant about the whole team, he is a bit of a doomster

I have spoken to quite a few of our supporters in pre-season, including some before the game yesterday and not one thought we would get something from the Everton game so they were all clearly in the 'Doomster' camp.

I,like many others, thought Everton would win comfortably so in the end I was content with a point.
Good point for us in the circumstances - there's a bit of positivity !

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag Chelsea 11 Aug 19 7.06pm Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by Fatherken

it was good to see Wickham get a run out but to me he looked over weight and unfit
all in all a good team performance and with some first team players missing and our new signings on the bench the future is looking bright

Hes not unfit or overweight. Poor chap is the living image of a seriously crocked player and the effect that has on the body. It slows up and gets bigger. One of our three strikers.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 11 Aug 19 7.32pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

Hes not unfit or overweight. Poor chap is the living image of a seriously crocked player and the effect that has on the body. It slows up and gets bigger. One of our three strikers.

More to do with the worry of injuring himself again.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag Chelsea 11 Aug 19 9.25pm Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by Tickled pink

More to do with the worry of injuring himself again.

That too. Psychological scarring. But at this level 18 months out with hefty ligament tear will take a yard off ten and slow your turning abilities. In the meantime the premier has got even faster.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elpis's Profile Elpis Flag In a pub 12 Aug 19 5.47am Send a Private Message to Elpis Add Elpis as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin


My worry as with everyone else is scoring.
Benteke waits for ball in the box as opposed to moving towards is and anticipating whci means he is till shying away from opportunities which will not help.

He has been playing like that since he joined us . My frustration with his movement around the goals even promted me to comment on it during the game (page 9) . He will never score goals playing like that at this level as defenders just dont make the mistakes that he is waiting for .
Our coaching staff and indeed our manager must be able to see what we are seeing and it is only time before he is hooked from the starting X1 . That of course is dependent on the fitness of Wickham who is realistically our only alternative .

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Petereagle's Profile Petereagle Flag Brockley 12 Aug 19 6.38am Send a Private Message to Petereagle Add Petereagle as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

I have spoken to quite a few of our supporters in pre-season, including some before the game yesterday and not one thought we would get something from the Everton game so they were all clearly in the 'Doomster' camp.

I,like many others, thought Everton would win comfortably so in the end I was content with a point.
Good point for us in the circumstances - there's a bit of positivity !

Tbh I was amazed and delighted Palace played so well, and didn’t really look under pressure throughout the match. I was convinced that with so many teams spending zillions we were doomed without even replacing AWB with another good RB. We do need to make an upgrade to Ward, and we have to cross fingers he doesn’t get injured before Christmas but the whole team played with discipline and conviction, an excellent Palace performance

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 12 Aug 19 7.45am Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

[Link]

In Zaha's 25 minutes on the pitch he touched the ball 8 times in the opposition box. In Bentekes 80 odd minutes he touched it once in the box. That is pretty damn shocking.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Online Flag Horsham 12 Aug 19 1.26pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

[Link]

In Zaha's 25 minutes on the pitch he touched the ball 8 times in the opposition box. In Bentekes 80 odd minutes he touched it once in the box. That is pretty damn shocking.

I am not trying to defend it but to put some perspective on these stats, the first 45 minutes we were on the back foot, hardly getting the ball forward and certainly didn't put any crosses in (apart from corners). Benteke did, however do some good defending for us.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Online Flag Caterham 12 Aug 19 1.40pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Petereagle

Tbh I was amazed and delighted Palace played so well, and didn’t really look under pressure throughout the match. I was convinced that with so many teams spending zillions we were doomed without even replacing AWB with another good RB. We do need to make an upgrade to Ward, and we have to cross fingers he doesn’t get injured before Christmas but the whole team played with discipline and conviction, an excellent Palace performance

The game made me more optimistic than I was. However, we’re still abysmal near goal and Everton should’ve gone 0-1 ahead when our defence was in disarray and Sigurdson should’ve laced his shot instead of side footing it. The xx minutes and days after might’ve been completely different. As it was we worked out Everton could be there for the taking, we had 2 x one minute spells on 55 minutes and later on near the end when 2 almost identical shots were smashed straight at the keeper from narrow angles.

We competed but I’m expecting that we’ll be getting used to creating few chances that we struggle to score from with an inept striker and not much of a contribution in goals from midfield.

Edited by Rudi Hedman (12 Aug 2019 1.42pm)

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 12 Aug 19 1.51pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

The game made me more optimistic than I was. However, we’re still abysmal near goal and Everton should’ve gone 0-1 ahead when our defence was in disarray and Sigurdson should’ve laced his shot instead of side footing it. The xx minutes and days after might’ve been completely different. As it was we worked out Everton could be there for the taking, we had 2 x one minute spells on 55 minutes and later on near the end when 2 almost identical shots were smashed straight at the keeper from narrow angles.

We competed but I’m expecting that we’ll be getting used to creating few chances that we struggle to score from with an inept striker and not much of a contribution in goals from midfield.

Edited by Rudi Hedman (12 Aug 2019 1.42pm)

Another 'Doomster' !!

I agree with the general sentiments.
I am expecting another turgid season of struggle and a dearth of entertainment for us supporters.
The mood music amongst our supporters is one of negativity with the expected direction of travel 'South'.

Edited by Willo (12 Aug 2019 1.52pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 18 of 19 < 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace vs Everton Match Thread