You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Team for Sheff Utd
August 19 2019 1.47pm

Team for Sheff Utd

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 4 First< 1 2 3 4

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 14 Aug 19 9.16am Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

I think Roy does tweak his set up before games, but always within his framework. Most managers are the same. What is Klopp fundamentally changing from one match to the next? Not much.

Roy sets things up so that we have attacking periods in a game (usually with good penetration) and spells where we defend as a team. It suits us.

We need to be careful what we wish for.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag Sittingbourne 14 Aug 19 9.24am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

I agree and I thought he was excellent on Saturday against Everton. I am struggling to see where Camarassa is going to get a run in this team witchout a complete change from Roy. I wouldnt be holding my breath on him starting anytime soon.

Were you at the game Saturday?

I love Jimmy Mac as much as the next guy. Always works hard, been fiercely loyal to the cause and often produces bits of class beyond what you'd usually expect of him.

Was awful on Saturday though.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 14 Aug 19 10.01am Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

Were you at the game Saturday?

I love Jimmy Mac as much as the next guy. Always works hard, been fiercely loyal to the cause and often produces bits of class beyond what you'd usually expect of him.

Was awful on Saturday though.

He was awful on Saturday was he?? I will have to disagree with you on that. He had a job to do and he did it very well. Breaking up play in the middle of the park. He did no wrong on Saturday.

I think his days are numbered due to his lack of pace but he is a solid player. If anyone is going to replace Jimmy Mac then it is going to be James Mccarthy. If he can stay injury free then a lot of people are going to be very surprised with what he have signed. He is a hard tackling no nonsense type of player which is what we havn't got.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Omph's Profile Omph Flag Liverpool 14 Aug 19 10.22am Send a Private Message to Omph Add Omph as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

He was awful on Saturday was he?? I will have to disagree with you on that. He had a job to do and he did it very well. Breaking up play in the middle of the park. He did no wrong on Saturday.

I think his days are numbered due to his lack of pace but he is a solid player. If anyone is going to replace Jimmy Mac then it is going to be James Mccarthy. If he can stay injury free then a lot of people are going to be very surprised with what he have signed. He is a hard tackling no nonsense type of player which is what we havn't got.

Agree on McCarthy. This was the player Kouyate was supposed to be but he never quite came through. If he can win enough ball in the centre of the park that could make a deal of difference to the side. One of the chief beneficiaries would be Meyer/Camararasa in the ten slot if we play that system with Benten up top and Wilf and Townsend wide. It would give us another point of attack.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View thai-eagle's Profile thai-eagle Flag chiang mai 14 Aug 19 1.32pm Send a Private Message to thai-eagle Add thai-eagle as a friend

Keep the back 5 (maybe Cahill for Dann)
Midfield: Luka, Kouyate, Camarasa, Meyer
Wilf, Ayew

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dean_CPFC's Profile Dean_CPFC Flag South london 14 Aug 19 2.19pm Send a Private Message to Dean_CPFC Add Dean_CPFC as a friend

seems we have an abundance of central midfielders suddenly

Meyer, Luka, Camarasa, Kouyate, McCarthy, McArthur

Edited by Dean_CPFC (14 Aug 2019 2.19pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tez's Profile Tez Flag Epsom 14 Aug 19 2.26pm Send a Private Message to Tez Add Tez as a friend

Guaita

Ward - Kelly - Dann - PVA

Luka

Camarasa - Meyer

Townsend - Wickham - Zaha

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag Sittingbourne 14 Aug 19 3.21pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

He was awful on Saturday was he?? I will have to disagree with you on that. He had a job to do and he did it very well. Breaking up play in the middle of the park. He did no wrong on Saturday.

I think his days are numbered due to his lack of pace but he is a solid player. If anyone is going to replace Jimmy Mac then it is going to be James Mccarthy. If he can stay injury free then a lot of people are going to be very surprised with what he have signed. He is a hard tackling no nonsense type of player which is what we havn't got.

Will have to disagree. Very accepting of others having different footballing opinions to mine however there are some facts.

Again, massive fan of JM but he broke up play a few times, often failing to retain possession when he did. Even so, expect more from him and that position than just that. Also gave the ball away on multiple occasions under no pressure whatsoever. Looked as though someone had woken him up to play that game and way off the pace in my opinion. I would drop him for Sunday but purely for those reasons. I think he has at least one season in him at this level if not more.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wilbraham413's Profile Wilbraham413 Flag 14 Aug 19 4.33pm Send a Private Message to Wilbraham413 Add Wilbraham413 as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac
He was awful on Saturday was he?? I will have to disagree with you on that. He had a job to do and he did it very well. Breaking up play in the middle of the park. He did no wrong on Saturday.

I love JMac, and I agree he intercepted a couple of passes. The problem is we need the midfield to get the offense going, not just hang back and clog up the middle. JMac cannot advance the ball, and can't pass well.

We already have Luka as one hard tackling midfielder. Given how bad our offense is, I think that's enough. Meyer showed some offensive spark, if we get the same from Camarasa, I think it could help.

Maybe against top teams we play with a more defensive midfield, but against everyone else we need some hope of getting the ball to our forwards.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 14 Aug 19 4.35pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

Will have to disagree. Very accepting of others having different footballing opinions to mine however there are some facts.

Again, massive fan of JM but he broke up play a few times, often failing to retain possession when he did. Even so, expect more from him and that position than just that. Also gave the ball away on multiple occasions under no pressure whatsoever. Looked as though someone had woken him up to play that game and way off the pace in my opinion. I would drop him for Sunday but purely for those reasons. I think he has at least one season in him at this level if not more.


I see where your coming from and last season I was looking at him and thinking his days are numbered.He looks like he is running in sand at times. If James McCarthy is anywhere near the level of what he was before his injury then that position will be his soon enough, but that is a big if.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag Sittingbourne 14 Aug 19 5.23pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

I see where your coming from and last season I was looking at him and thinking his days are numbered.He looks like he is running in sand at times. If James McCarthy is anywhere near the level of what he was before his injury then that position will be his soon enough, but that is a big if.

Yeah I agree, but I am hopeful, I think he will get there this season and agree again I am not hopeful of McCarthy whatsoever however if he does get himself there I think he'll bring a lot to the tea

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 4 First< 1 2 3 4

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Team for Sheff Utd