You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > ďWe just want a beer at Ĺ time collective"
September 18 2019 12.15am

ďWe just want a beer at Ĺ time collective"

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag Chelsea 17 Aug 19 6.00am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Food is cr*p. They have a trapped customer base and make no effort. Eat drink and piss outside Selhurst that is my motto. Palace are just simply not bothered.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View exiled eagle's Profile exiled eagle Flag Southampton 17 Aug 19 7.07am Send a Private Message to exiled eagle Add exiled eagle as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

Food is cr*p. They have a trapped customer base and make no effort. Eat drink and piss outside Selhurst that is my motto. Palace are just simply not bothered.


Is the correct answer

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View JohnB's Profile JohnB Flag 17 Aug 19 7.12am Send a Private Message to JohnB Add JohnB as a friend

In America, if you go to a baseball game, you can order what you want food and drink wise on your phone at any point in the game. Then you will get a notification when your order is ready and you go up and collect it from an interactive locker having paid for everything on your phone.

The reception at Selhurst is rubbish so ordering on the app would be an issue, but if anyone at the club happens to read this...I can sell you the solution for the app and lockers. I can also sort out your wifi

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Henry of Peckham's Profile Henry of Peckham Flag Eton Mess 17 Aug 19 7.21am Send a Private Message to Henry of Peckham Add Henry of Peckham as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

Food is cr*p. They have a trapped customer base and make no effort. Eat drink and piss outside Selhurst that is my motto. Palace are just simply not bothered.

Unfortunately, I gave up trying to get fed and watered inside Selhurst Park years ago ... it's the only football ground I regularly visit where I don't bother any more. So much to learn from catering at other sites in terms of quality and service.

My favourite location is Maidstone United ... copious Spitfire Golds with pie and proper chips always efficiently delivered in top condition. You can even get coffee and a decent hotdog without trauma at Gillingham.

 


Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 17 Aug 19 7.47am Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

So many things they could do regarding beers.
-employ staff that have actually worked in a pub
-have people with them rucksacks with the pump at the front walking around, like they do at ascot.
-put a long bar up on the concrete on the right as you enter the holmesdale (top of holmesdale/park Rd entrance). Doncaster away is blinding, the longest bar Iíve ever seen and about 100 staff.
-they had a little wooden bar at the top of the entrance to block A for most of last year, was really handy, went up there near the end of the season and it had gone.

If they arenít bothered/canít sort it. They should sub it all out to little firms, give them all an area each and have them competing, could have pop up bars on the grass area on the holmesdale , would be like the oyster festival at whistable, loads of little firms doing different food and booze.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MonsterMunch's Profile MonsterMunch Flag Cambridge 17 Aug 19 7.59am Send a Private Message to MonsterMunch Add MonsterMunch as a friend

Iím in the Arthur.. and as others have said horrific. Got two boys and trying to take them to the toilets is beyond a joke let alone trying to get food and drink. It really is woeful. Thing is I donít know what can be done with the confines of the space available? Itís a rat run through there. Maybe a bit more outside up the stairs, I know theyíve got that one stall for food. I just donít know what they can do - too much demand in such little space

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyboy1978's Profile dannyboy1978 Flag 17 Aug 19 11.02am Send a Private Message to dannyboy1978 Add dannyboy1978 as a friend

I pre order my half time beer in the upper holmesdale, did you not realise you can do this?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View JRW2's Profile JRW2 Flag Dulwich 17 Aug 19 12.47pm Send a Private Message to JRW2 Add JRW2 as a friend

Originally posted by Casual

So many things they could do regarding beers.
-employ staff that have actually worked in a pub
-have people with them rucksacks with the pump at the front walking around, like they do at ascot.
-put a long bar up on the concrete on the right as you enter the holmesdale (top of holmesdale/park Rd entrance). Doncaster away is blinding, the longest bar Iíve ever seen and about 100 staff.
-they had a little wooden bar at the top of the entrance to block A for most of last year, was really handy, went up there near the end of the season and it had gone.

If they arenít bothered/canít sort it. They should sub it all out to little firms, give them all an area each and have them competing, could have pop up bars on the grass area on the holmesdale , would be like the oyster festival at whistable, loads of little firms doing different food and booze.

Blimey, I don't think Parish could afford that.

But your final point is the right one: contract the whole catering business out to one or more firms who know what they're doing.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 17 Aug 19 12.52pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by MonsterMunch

Iím in the Arthur.. and as others have said horrific. Got two boys and trying to take them to the toilets is beyond a joke let alone trying to get food and drink. It really is woeful. Thing is I donít know what can be done with the confines of the space available? Itís a rat run through there. Maybe a bit more outside up the stairs, I know theyíve got that one stall for food. I just donít know what they can do - too much demand in such little space

Pre-order their places in the toilet queue, what could be simpler.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 17 Aug 19 12.54pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by dannyboy1978

I pre order my half time beer in the upper holmesdale, did you not realise you can do this?

Don't you need t'internet though? Or do you queue at the bar to order to avoid queuing at the bar to order?

Oh boy, wouldn't it make a difference if they wifi'd the place up so such things became simple.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Crystal_Clear's Profile Crystal_Clear Flag Belfast 17 Aug 19 1.10pm Send a Private Message to Crystal_Clear Add Crystal_Clear as a friend

Of course they could always do a system where you preorder drinks for half time, like they do at theatre.

The staff can prepare drinks on the run up to half time. Simply collect as they have been paid for in advance.

So you should get your drink quickly.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag Caterham 17 Aug 19 1.16pm Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

In Dubai at the rugby 7s (which is a 3 day event) - in addition to the dedicated food & drink outlets they also they have stadium walkers who go up and down the stands carrying hot dogs,pies & soft drinks to sell to customers watching the game - makes it a lot easier to grab a snack without leaving your seat -

 


Relocated from Dubai to sunny Caterham in 2017-
Cant change my username.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > ďWe just want a beer at Ĺ time collective"