You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Ironic Palace
September 20 2019 8.48am

Ironic Palace

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View eritheagle's Profile eritheagle Flag Erith 22 Aug 19 1.56pm Send a Private Message to eritheagle Add eritheagle as a friend

After being "moved" from my seat of 21 years that was in the centre of the back row in Block E i've now settled in the Upper tier of the Holmesdale.

I booked 2 tickets in the Upper for myself and my girlfriend for the Colchester game only to receive an email informing me that it is now closed for that game.

I then get told that they are moving me as far back and as central as possible in the Lower tier.

I had to laugh as, excuse me, i had the most far back and centrally seat that it's possible to have but you said I couldn't sit there any more!

You couldn't make it up!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bicycle repair man's Profile bicycle repair man 22 Aug 19 2.26pm Send a Private Message to bicycle repair man Add bicycle repair man as a friend

Originally posted by eritheagle

After being "moved" from my seat of 21 years that was in the centre of the back row in Block E i've now settled in the Upper tier of the Holmesdale.

I booked 2 tickets in the Upper for myself and my girlfriend for the Colchester game only to receive an email informing me that it is now closed for that game.

I then get told that they are moving me as far back and as central as possible in the Lower tier.

I had to laugh as, excuse me, i had the most far back and centrally seat that it's possible to have but you said I couldn't sit there any more!

You couldn't make it up!

It's an embarrassing, farcical situation that the club have put themselves in.
Anyway surely the "Ultras"will be out in force, or do those diehard fanatics only turn up for the Premier League games ?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View RyWa's Profile RyWa Flag Beckenham 22 Aug 19 2.30pm Send a Private Message to RyWa Add RyWa as a friend

Originally posted by bicycle repair man

It's an embarrassing, farcical situation that the club have put themselves in.
Anyway surely the "Ultras"will be out in force, or do those diehard fanatics only turn up for the Premier League games ?

They were at all the home cup games last season, so id expect them to be yes

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 22 Aug 19 2.42pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

A bigger irony would be Wan Bissaka winning the game on his own for Man U.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Tipp_Eagle Flag Tipperary 22 Aug 19 3.37pm

Originally posted by eritheagle

After being "moved" from my seat of 21 years that was in the centre of the back row in Block E i've now settled in the Upper tier of the Holmesdale.

I booked 2 tickets in the Upper for myself and my girlfriend for the Colchester game only to receive an email informing me that it is now closed for that game.

I then get told that they are moving me as far back and as central as possible in the Lower tier.

I had to laugh as, excuse me, i had the most far back and centrally seat that it's possible to have but you said I couldn't sit there any more!

You couldn't make it up!

Irish arranger of seating ?

 


oh yeah ,fcuk off brighton.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View becky's Profile becky Flag over the moon 22 Aug 19 4.05pm Send a Private Message to becky Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add becky as a friend

Originally posted by RyWa

They were at all the home cup games last season, so id expect them to be yes

In which case he and his girlfriend will have to spend the entire game standing and not sitting in the seat that they have paid for......

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 22 Aug 19 5.03pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

A bigger irony would be Wan Bissaka winning the game on his own for Man U.

Blimey, Manure have loaned him out to Colchester, well I never.

 


Is joining the 'Grumpy Old Gits' Club

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View est1905's Profile est1905 Flag 22 Aug 19 5.37pm Send a Private Message to est1905 Add est1905 as a friend

Originally posted by bicycle repair man

It's an embarrassing, farcical situation that the club have put themselves in.
Anyway surely the "Ultras"will be out in force, or do those diehard fanatics only turn up for the Premier League games ?

And this is just one of the reasons so many resent them. That added to the fact the club bend over backwards to please them whereas your normal (silent majority) are ignored/taken for granted.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View TomThePalaceFanatic's Profile TomThePalaceFanatic Online Flag 22 Aug 19 6.14pm Send a Private Message to TomThePalaceFanatic Add TomThePalaceFanatic as a friend

Is this still going on?

It's just a seat... in a stadium you visit every other week for 90 minutes. Get over it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View grumpymort's Profile grumpymort Flag 22 Aug 19 6.31pm Send a Private Message to grumpymort Add grumpymort as a friend

Originally posted by TomThePalaceFanatic

Is this still going on?

It's just a seat... in a stadium you visit every other week for 90 minutes. Get over it.


It's a seat some one has paid a lot of money for and as stated they have been very loyal attending for 21 years

so they deserve some respect

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eritheagle's Profile eritheagle Flag Erith 22 Aug 19 7.05pm Send a Private Message to eritheagle Add eritheagle as a friend

Originally posted by TomThePalaceFanatic

Is this still going on?

It's just a seat... in a stadium you visit every other week for 90 minutes. Get over it.

More irony. You don't think we should still be discussing it yet you post on the subject which therefore leads to it still being discussed.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eritheagle's Profile eritheagle Flag Erith 22 Aug 19 7.09pm Send a Private Message to eritheagle Add eritheagle as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort


It's a seat some one has paid a lot of money for and as stated they have been very loyal attending for 21 years

so they deserve some respect

Thank you.

The point of the original post was more how funny it was rather than complaining but perhaps it didn't come across to Tom as that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Ironic Palace