You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace vs United Match Thread
October 20 2019 1.43am

Palace vs United Match Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 20 of 27 < 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 24 Aug 19 6.20pm Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

I think that can be classed as a good away win, mwah ha ha!

Credit to all the management team, fans and players

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PZ Eagle's Profile PZ Eagle Flag Penzance 24 Aug 19 6.32pm Send a Private Message to PZ Eagle Add PZ Eagle as a friend

I imagine the Sheffield Utd fans must be completely bemused by our result today.

 


Conjunctivitis.com - A site for sore eyes.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nubes's Profile Nubes Flag London 24 Aug 19 6.38pm Send a Private Message to Nubes Add Nubes as a friend

It will be nice to view posts without so much anger, frustration and needless arguments to trail through in order to read reasoned posts across this coming week.

Well done to the team, management and all connected on seeing the result through and not giving up and settling/holding on for a draw!

A great start to the Bank Holiday Weekend.

The incoming players seemed to provide the necessary impetus and balance to the team from minute one!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sa_eagle's Profile sa_eagle Flag Just outside Cape Town 24 Aug 19 6.41pm Send a Private Message to sa_eagle Add sa_eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Gary St.Andrews

An unexpected win but one swallow doesn’t make a summer. We defended well and Gary coming in has been a real boost. We shouldn’t get carried away as this United side is in its transition period, and I reckon Ole will be sacked before Bonfire night anyway.

Good to see the plastic Man Utd supporters f***ing off nice and early..

Just grateful for 3 points...

The same applies to last week's loss, yes it was bad but it will in no way define our season.

 


Cynic or realist? It's a fine line!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View gloryhunter's Profile gloryhunter Flag EDINBURGH 24 Aug 19 6.43pm Send a Private Message to gloryhunter Add gloryhunter as a friend

Originally posted by YT

Glory hunter!

You rang.

 


gloryhunter (eagle in exile)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 24 Aug 19 6.50pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by gloryhunter

You rang.

Lol

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 24 Aug 19 6.52pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Uphill

I'd like to pay tribute to Gary Cahill.

He organised and chivied the defence brilliantly - something our captain can't seem to do.

Yes, we rode our luck and had good fortune which we deserved for sheer effort.

The contrast between last week and today was almost unbelievable.

Palace fans will dine out on this for weeks.

Are you (Uphill) and he (Cahill) distantly related?

Joking apart...he was the MoM according to the BBC report.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 24 Aug 19 6.54pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

What a result and how badly that was needed after the misery of last week. 4 points after 3 tough games is nothing to be scoffed at considering our starts to the season in recent years.

Major plus today was Cahill, He was a marvelous piece of business and I hope he stays in the team now.

For all my slating of Schlupp he actually done well today and helped out PVA on the left.

Ayew was tremendous in the first half, yes he has his flaws but he got to be our main striker for now with the current form of the other 2. I loved the way he put it about flying into tackles and being a prick to the opposition.

One of the biggest problems for today which has been the same for ages is our passing. Kouyate, Luca and Jmac cant pass the ball 2 yards which is a major problem for us. The game just seems to pass them by week in and out. We need to make changes in centre midfield very quickly.

Im not sure how closely you all watched when their penalty was given but Luca just tripped McTominay on purpose which is an absolute joke. He made no attempt to do anything else and im surprised he wasnt given a second yellow.

Anyway, What a result and Il sleep well tonight.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 24 Aug 19 6.55pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by sotac464

How long since we beat Utd? Also last time since we won at old toilet?

I'm sure it's been mentioned on this thread, but can't be bothered reading through it.

Thank you.

In the league...

1991 at the theatre of dreams (1990/91 season)
1989 at Old Trafford (1989/90)

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 24 Aug 19 6.58pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

What a result and how badly that was needed after the misery of last week. 4 points after 3 tough games is nothing to be scoffed at considering our starts to the season in recent years.

Major plus today was Cahill, He was a marvelous piece of business and I hope he stays in the team now.

For all my slating of Schlupp he actually done well today and helped out PVA on the left.

Ayew was tremendous in the first half, yes he has his flaws but he got to be our main striker for now with the current form of the other 2. I loved the way he put it about flying into tackles and being a prick to the opposition.

One of the biggest problems for today which has been the same for ages is our passing. Kouyate, Luca and Jmac cant pass the ball 2 yards which is a major problem for us. The game just seems to pass them by week in and out. We need to make changes in centre midfield very quickly.

Im not sure how closely you all watched when their penalty was given but Luca just tripped McTominay on purpose which is an absolute joke. He made no attempt to do anything else and im surprised he wasnt given a second yellow.

Anyway, What a result and Il sleep well tonight.

We were away to Moan Utd and if the game had passed the midfield trio by we would have lost 5-0

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SpyroCrystal's Profile SpyroCrystal Flag London 24 Aug 19 7.04pm Send a Private Message to SpyroCrystal Add SpyroCrystal as a friend

Big up Palace making my Bank Holiday Weekend great. Time for a Malibu.

Originally posted by Nubes

It will be nice to view posts without so much anger, frustration and needless arguments to trail through in order to read reasoned posts across this coming week.

Well done to the team, management and all connected on seeing the result through and not giving up and settling/holding on for a draw!

A great start to the Bank Holiday Weekend.

The incoming players seemed to provide the necessary impetus and balance to the team from minute one!

 


Big up the Palace!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 24 Aug 19 7.04pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

We were away to Moan Utd and if the game had passed the midfield trio by we would have lost 5-0

Lovely

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 20 of 27 < 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace vs United Match Thread