You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Eberechi Eze (Suggestion)
August 5 2020 6.14pm

Eberechi Eze (Suggestion)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 6 of 14 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Crystal_Clear's Profile Crystal_Clear Flag Belfast 24 Jul 20 1.05pm Send a Private Message to Crystal_Clear Add Crystal_Clear as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Willo
Have we ever beaten West Ham in the transfer market when they were genuinely interested in a player?

They are going to need to offload players soon. Cant keep buying and afford to the pay them all, and keep them all happy.

Look at their midfield options.

Anderson, Yarmolenko, Noble, Bowen, Lanzini, Rice, Soucek, Fornals, Wilshere, Snodgrass.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 24 Jul 20 1.06pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear

They are going to need to offload players soon. Cant keep buying and afford to the pay them all, and keep them all happy.

Look at their midfield options.

Anderson, Yarmolenko, Noble, Bowen, Lanzini, Rice, Soucek, Fornals, Wilshere, Snodgrass.

Like I joked the other day, West Ham get their target and we get their cast off's.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Online Flag Croydon 24 Jul 20 1.17pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Like I joked the other day, West Ham get their target and we get their cast off's.

Perhaps we should open an account.

Our signings have been pretty good from them and it would save a lot of messing around.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Crystal_Clear's Profile Crystal_Clear Flag Belfast 24 Jul 20 3.32pm Send a Private Message to Crystal_Clear Add Crystal_Clear as a friend

If Fornals became available, I would definately look at him. West Ham fans seem to have a mixed view of him, and Eze would probably take his place.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jackeagle's Profile Jackeagle Flag London 26 Jul 20 12.08pm Send a Private Message to Jackeagle Add Jackeagle as a friend

I would actually steer clear of Eze. I have to admit I have only seen him clips of him, but I understand he largely plays as an attacking midfielder (correct me if wrong), and whilst Hodgson is here, i can't see attacking mids getting much of a chance, just ask Max. Given that West Ham seem more interested, i'd avoid getting involved in a bidding war here and go after more out and out strikers/wingers, such as Ollie Watkins and Edouard. Would still be excited if we did somehow pull it off though...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pstrutt's Profile pstrutt Flag Busselton, WA 28 Jul 20 3.05pm Send a Private Message to pstrutt Add pstrutt as a friend

Originally posted by doombear

The Wet Spam rumours for him are back according to the Beeb and Standard. Both acknowledge we're interested in the "20m rated player" but apparently Eze is one of the Spammers' "top transfer targets".

I suppose it was a case of waiting till Wet Spam were mathematically safe before repeating this rumour.

I suspect we will have to look elsewhere now.

Twitter account of ExWHUemployee seems to think we're winning...https://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/transfer-news/eberechi-eze-west-ham-crystal-18674912

[Link]

(Apologies)

Reference to Curling Hopkin in there, but I don't know how accurate they can be necessarily.

Edited by pstrutt (28 Jul 2020 3.06pm)

 


So I manage a Workshop which provides a safe learning environment for blokes struggling with PTSD and other mental health issues. Being a Palace fan isn't listed yet.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View coulsdoneagle's Profile coulsdoneagle Flag London 29 Jul 20 3.37am Send a Private Message to coulsdoneagle Add coulsdoneagle as a friend

Just get it done quickly. This one is a player I would be gutted if West Ham pipped us to.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 29 Jul 20 6.16am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

Luis needs someone creative to allow him to do what he does best so does this young man fit that bill?
If so let's hope we pull it off.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Cpfc1861's Profile Cpfc1861 Flag dagenham 29 Jul 20 9.06am Send a Private Message to Cpfc1861 Add Cpfc1861 as a friend

Originally posted by Jackeagle

I would actually steer clear of Eze. I have to admit I have only seen him clips of him, but I understand he largely plays as an attacking midfielder (correct me if wrong), and whilst Hodgson is here, i can't see attacking mids getting much of a chance, just ask Max. Given that West Ham seem more interested, i'd avoid getting involved in a bidding war here and go after more out and out strikers/wingers, such as Ollie Watkins and Edouard. Would still be excited if we did somehow pull it off though...

Meyer is not an attacking midfielder he never has been hes just not as good as james mccarthur who is a similar player. Meyer played DM sort of like cabaye did for us at Schalke Palace fans just believed he was an attacking midfielder for reasons unknown. Anybody who watched the bundesliga knows he ain't one.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 29 Jul 20 9.11am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by pstrutt

Twitter account of ExWHUemployee seems to think we're winning...https://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/transfer-news/eberechi-eze-west-ham-crystal-18674912

[Link]

(Apologies)

Reference to Curling Hopkin in there, but I don't know how accurate they can be necessarily.

Edited by pstrutt (28 Jul 2020 3.06pm)


Sadly, we often start winning a transfer deal against Wet Spam but end up losing. I note on the Beeb's gossip column that the Guardian believe Wet Spam are upping their pursuit of Eze.
I don't like the sound of that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eritheagle's Profile eritheagle Flag Erith 29 Jul 20 9.19am Send a Private Message to eritheagle Add eritheagle as a friend

Originally posted by Cpfc1861

Meyer is not an attacking midfielder he never has been hes just not as good as james mccarthur who is a similar player. Meyer played DM sort of like cabaye did for us at Schalke Palace fans just believed he was an attacking midfielder for reasons unknown. Anybody who watched the bundesliga knows he ain't one.

He did come on as a sub in an attacking left side role when we played them in a friendly a few years before we signed him.
There was a lot of hype around him at the time as he was heavily linked with Spurs (and others) and he was more known as an attacking player. I remember him dribbling past a couple of players as he cut in to shoot.

But I agree that he did play as a DM for the season before he signed for us and I also thought he was gonna play a deeper, Cabaye like role.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View slubglurge's Profile slubglurge Flag welling 29 Jul 20 9.23am Send a Private Message to slubglurge Add slubglurge as a friend

As for Eze, fully expecting news soon of him having a medical at West Ham

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 6 of 14 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Eberechi Eze (Suggestion)