You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Crystal Palace National Sports Centre
December 14 2019 6.41pm

Crystal Palace National Sports Centre

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

 

View johnfirewall's Profile johnfirewall Flag Lewisham 22 Nov 19 11.28am Send a Private Message to johnfirewall Add johnfirewall as a friend

The guy who organises our games on the 4g pitch has claimed that Sadiq Khan, Mayor of London has pulled funding for the NSC, thus increasing the cost of hiring the pitch by 50%

I am unsure whether this is the subsidy to Better Gym being withdrawn, or funding for the wider side.

The Mayor's website only has details of their 'commitment' to Crystal Palace Park and NSC from some years ago. Any heard anything?

Edited by johnfirewall (22 Nov 2019 11.32am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 22 Nov 19 7.41pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

That's to pay the losses on his tfl wet dream

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 23 Nov 19 2.53pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Well considering how much money tfl employees get......

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux, London Stadium, turf moor & Anfield to Old Trafford.....Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 24 Nov 19 7.24pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by johnfirewall

The guy who organises our games on the 4g pitch has claimed that Sadiq Khan, Mayor of London has pulled funding for the NSC, thus increasing the cost of hiring the pitch by 50%

I am unsure whether this is the subsidy to Better Gym being withdrawn, or funding for the wider side.

The Mayor's website only has details of their 'commitment' to Crystal Palace Park and NSC from some years ago. Any heard anything?

Edited by johnfirewall (22 Nov 2019 11.32am)



You could always ask him directly. One of his hundreds of personal staff will probably reply. You pay for them so it's the least that they can do.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 25 Nov 19 7.08pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

Well considering how much money tfl employees get......

Over 540 on over 100k a year last year, no wonder they want more congestion charge zones!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sickboy's Profile sickboy Flag Deal or Croydon 25 Nov 19 7.16pm Send a Private Message to sickboy Add sickboy as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Over 540 on over 100k a year last year, no wonder they want more congestion charge zones!

I'd have thought there were more tube drivers than that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 25 Nov 19 7.26pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by sickboy

I'd have thought there were more tube drivers than that.

Ha, think theyre on about under half of that with overtime, but its not a bad thing, if city workers can earn decent money i think train and tube drivers carrying hundreds on board might as well as well!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 25 Nov 19 8.41pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Ha, think theyre on about under half of that with overtime, but its not a bad thing, if city workers can earn decent money i think train and tube drivers carrying hundreds on board might as well as well!

55k basic
43 days leave inc bank hols
Last year 3000 earned between 60-70k
Yeah right not mayor khants next votes.
Dream on.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 25 Nov 19 9.13pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

55k basic
43 days leave inc bank hols
Last year 3000 earned between 60-70k
Yeah right not mayor khants next votes.
Dream on.

Even better! Just a pity most others aren"t represented by a decent union, no zero hour contracts here then!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 25 Nov 19 9.24pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Even better! Just a pity most others aren"t represented by a decent union, no zero hour contracts here then!

I don't have a problem with drivers earning that it's a responsible job but they also need to behave responsibly.

Transport workers should have a no strike deal with compulsory arbitration to settle any disputes.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 25 Nov 19 9.44pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I don't have a problem with drivers earning that it's a responsible job but they also need to behave responsibly.

Transport workers should have a no strike deal with compulsory arbitration to settle any disputes.

Yes, i agree on both points Badger

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 25 Nov 19 10.12pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Even better! Just a pity most others aren"t represented by a decent union, no zero hour contracts here then!

Lots of workers actually prefer zero hours contracts.
You wont hear that as it doesnt fit the lefts narrative.
I would even say that many zero hours employers still have a morality over their employees position.
The money is better than paye and the workers can fit the job around their family lives.
If the labour party force them to become paye this freedom is gone and it will screw up their lives.
The money will drop and the hours will become rigid.
The gig economy is here and the option should still be there for whomever wants it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Crystal Palace National Sports Centre