You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > Everton : Sense of Entitlement to stay in Prem ?
January 25 2020 2.55pm

Everton : Sense of Entitlement to stay in Prem ?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last Ľ

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 07 Dec 19 10.12am Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend


following the relegation of Aston Villa, the select clique of clubs to always maintain their place in the Prem has diminished.

The smallest club in this clique must surely be Everton. They always considered themselves to be relegation proof. Knocking on the door of the Europa League etc etc.

Evertons recent spending spree has been staggering in its magnitude and hilarious in its points-payoff. Certainly they are in the unfamiliar territory of a relegation dogfight.


Yes, Goodison is a big stadium. But look at their hinterland of fanbase. Its not that much bigger than lots of English clubs - and should be smaller than our fanbase. And now with Liverpool being all-conquering, surely the Toffees are feeling themselves in a sticky situation ?

any thoughts ?

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux, London Stadium, turf moor & Anfield to Old Trafford.....Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 07 Dec 19 10.15am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio


following the relegation of Aston Villa, the select clique of clubs to always maintain their place in the Prem has diminished.

The smallest club in this clique must surely be Everton. They always considered themselves to be relegation proof. Knocking on the door of the Europa League etc etc.

Evertons recent spending spree has been staggering in its magnitude and hilarious in its points-payoff. Certainly they are in the unfamiliar territory of a relegation dogfight.


Yes, Goodison is a big stadium. But look at their hinterland of fanbase. Its not that much bigger than lots of English clubs - and should be smaller than our fanbase. And now with Liverpool being all-conquering, surely the Toffees are feeling themselves in a sticky situation ?

any thoughts ?

They have been in the top division since 1951 but bigger clubs have been relegated from the pinnacle since then.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 07 Dec 19 11.37am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio


following the relegation of Aston Villa, the select clique of clubs to always maintain their place in the Prem has diminished.

The smallest club in this clique must surely be Everton. They always considered themselves to be relegation proof. Knocking on the door of the Europa League etc etc.

Evertons recent spending spree has been staggering in its magnitude and hilarious in its points-payoff. Certainly they are in the unfamiliar territory of a relegation dogfight.


Yes, Goodison is a big stadium. But look at their hinterland of fanbase. Its not that much bigger than lots of English clubs - and should be smaller than our fanbase. And now with Liverpool being all-conquering, surely the Toffees are feeling themselves in a sticky situation ?

any thoughts ?

Why should Evertonís fan base be smaller than Palace? Iím intrigued to know.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View gambler's Profile gambler Flag Kent 07 Dec 19 11.41am Send a Private Message to gambler Add gambler as a friend

Everton are the new Coventry.

Most boring and pointless club in the top flight.

 


No one likes me
I don't care

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 07 Dec 19 12.12pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Why should Evertonís fan base be smaller than Palace? Iím intrigued to know.

What is the population of that city ? And what proportion of them support clubs other than Everton? And plastic overseas fans ? Surely not many for Everton.

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux, London Stadium, turf moor & Anfield to Old Trafford.....Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 07 Dec 19 12.17pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

What is the population of that city ? And what proportion of them support clubs other than Everton? And plastic overseas fans ? Surely not many for Everton.

They have a supporters club at The Turnmill on 27th St. they pack in more fans than Palace do at The Football Factory a few blocks down the street.....

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 07 Dec 19 12.52pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by Jimenez

They have a supporters club at The Turnmill on 27th St. they pack in more fans than Palace do at The Football Factory a few blocks down the street.....

Slightly off topic(sorry mods), but are there certain bars around NYC that are just for certain clubs?

Just interested.

 


Is joining the 'Grumpy Old Gits' Club

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 07 Dec 19 1.48pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

Slightly off topic(sorry mods), but are there certain bars around NYC that are just for certain clubs?

Just interested.

New york...Irish city, Everton an irish football club. New york does not represent all of the US.

I would expect Brighton to be big in san francisco....for obvious reasons.

Tottenham are big in Israel. Millwall are popular among prison populations. Charlton are popular among the circus travelling community.

Edited by PalazioVecchio (07 Dec 2019 1.53pm)

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux, London Stadium, turf moor & Anfield to Old Trafford.....Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 07 Dec 19 1.55pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

New york...Irish city, Everton an irish football club. New york does not represent all of the US.

I would expect Brighton to be big in san francisco....for obvious reasons.

Tottenham are big in Israel. Millwall are popular among prison populations. Charlton are popular among the circus travelling community.

Edited by PalazioVecchio (07 Dec 2019 1.53pm)

 


Is joining the 'Grumpy Old Gits' Club

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 07 Dec 19 2.30pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

New york...Irish city, Everton an irish football club. New york does not represent all of the US.

I would expect Brighton to be big in san francisco....for obvious reasons.

Tottenham are big in Israel. Millwall are popular among prison populations. Charlton are popular among the circus travelling community.

Edited by PalazioVecchio (07 Dec 2019 1.53pm)

Yeah, don't get bent out of shape about it too much. I was just saying that they probably have bigger support than Palace stateside.

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 07 Dec 19 2.31pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

Slightly off topic(sorry mods), but are there certain bars around NYC that are just for certain clubs?

Just interested.

Yes......

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Cucking Funt's Profile Cucking Funt Flag Church of Fudge 07 Dec 19 5.45pm Send a Private Message to Cucking Funt Add Cucking Funt as a friend

Originally posted by Jimenez

Yeah, don't get bent out of shape about it too much. I was just saying that they probably have bigger support than Palace stateside.

Bent out of shape bender

 


Wife beating may be socially acceptable in Sheffield, but it is a different matter in Cheltenham

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last Ľ

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > Everton : Sense of Entitlement to stay in Prem ?