You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Signings On The Way
November 24 2020 3.16pm

Signings On The Way

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 266 of 268 < 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 20 Oct 20 10.33pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Dear me, I have touched a raw nerve.
The legendary TROLLEY and I are one and the same ?
I have joined HOL and not continued as TROLLEY ?
Total and utter hogwash.

I am nearly 68 and such antics are not part of my character.I suspect some might deem that I am being economical with the truth about my age ! Born in 1952 !!!!! Lying about that as well ?

No more to add on this rather turgid subject so no further comment.This thread should not be de-railed by those who have an agenda against a fellow supporter.
Any of my further contributions to this thread will be relating to the subject matter.

Edited by Willo (20 Oct 2020 10.24pm)

In the 1600s hogwash was a derisory comment about alcohol that was too weak. Like we now say dishwater or Carling Black Label

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kev64's Profile kev64 Flag Thorney, Cambs 21 Oct 20 9.00pm Send a Private Message to kev64 Add kev64 as a friend

Toney is now putting them away for Brentford, the guy we could of picked up for the equivalent of a years of Tekkers wage .. who will be going for Twenty plus mill next summer.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sotac464's Profile sotac464 Flag Hawley 21 Oct 20 9.17pm Send a Private Message to sotac464 Add sotac464 as a friend

Originally posted by kev64

Toney is now putting them away for Brentford, the guy we could of picked up for the equivalent of a years of Tekkers wage .. who will be going for Twenty plus mill next summer.

7 in 6 now for Toney. No point in him coming here without any service, perhaps we should be looking at Thomas Frank, to be our next manager.

 


My equalibrium unbalanced me. Paul Draper Brighton 19/2/2018

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kev64's Profile kev64 Flag Thorney, Cambs 21 Oct 20 10.06pm Send a Private Message to kev64 Add kev64 as a friend

Originally posted by sotac464

7 in 6 now for Toney. No point in him coming here without any service, perhaps we should be looking at Thomas Frank, to be our next manager.

Said it in the summer, we should just poach the whole Brentford set up. Puts our so called Prem League staff and management to shame, with all our resources from the last 8 seasons we should be light years ahead ..

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 22 Oct 20 8.33am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by kev64

Toney is now putting them away for Brentford, the guy we could of picked up for the equivalent of a years of Tekkers wage .. who will be going for Twenty plus mill next summer.

I believe it was back in July/August when I posted on HOL that we were casting eyes in the direction of Toney and I think Dazza confirmed this later.I also believe I mentioned that he was no stranger to cards in the previous 2 seasons and beyond that as well.
My understanding is that Toney joined Brentford for £5 Mill.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 22 Oct 20 12.12pm Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by kev64

Said it in the summer, we should just poach the whole Brentford set up. Puts our so called Prem League staff and management to shame, with all our resources from the last 8 seasons we should be light years ahead ..

I get where you're coming from and I posted something similar.

But...Brentford's model is to develop then sell. They do that well, but would our fans accept the same strategy ?

Also they are taking chances on players operating at a much lower level to the Premier League. Would Ollie Watkins have thrived at Palace if we had recruited him from Exeter ? I have my doubts...

Edited by NEILLO (22 Oct 2020 1.07pm)

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Philís Barber's Profile Philís Barber Flag Crowborough 22 Oct 20 12.26pm Send a Private Message to Philís Barber Add Philís Barber as a friend

Hawkins?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hudsoneagle's Profile Hudsoneagle Flag 22 Oct 20 12.44pm Send a Private Message to Hudsoneagle Add Hudsoneagle as a friend

Itís a lot easier for a team like Brentford to take a gamble on whether players have top quality in the championship. If they do well they may make a fortune in profit while if they donít succeed they are likely to finish mid table.

Brentford are not buying these players to sell on. They are serious about fighting for promotion. Itís only the fact they have so far failed to get promoted that they have been forced to sell their top players.

If Palace adopted the same approach we might just get relegated. Thatís why a lot of our signings over the last 3-4 years have been tried and tested Prem quality players which of course costs a lot up front with very little room to make a profit. It would be nice if Palace kept this approach but every year they add a young prospect...Eze fits the bill but he has come at a premium.

I noticed an article the other day that was very interesting. It was the cost of each Prem teams squad and palace came in around 17th. If you took Benteke and Sakho out of the squad we would have been second bottom only to Burnley.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 22 Oct 20 1.06pm Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by Philís Barber

Hawkins?

I know an Olly Hawkins - not the first time I've made that mistake !

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 22 Oct 20 1.11pm Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by Hudsoneagle

Itís a lot easier for a team like Brentford to take a gamble on whether players have top quality in the championship. If they do well they may make a fortune in profit while if they donít succeed they are likely to finish mid table.

Brentford are not buying these players to sell on. They are serious about fighting for promotion. Itís only the fact they have so far failed to get promoted that they have been forced to sell their top players.

If Palace adopted the same approach we might just get relegated. Thatís why a lot of our signings over the last 3-4 years have been tried and tested Prem quality players which of course costs a lot up front with very little room to make a profit. It would be nice if Palace kept this approach but every year they add a young prospect...Eze fits the bill but he has come at a premium.

I noticed an article the other day that was very interesting. It was the cost of each Prem teams squad and palace came in around 17th. If you took Benteke and Sakho out of the squad we would have been second bottom only to Burnley.

Actually they are. Even if they had got promotion, Watkins or Benrahma may well have been sold. Yes, they want promotion but they also want to be sustainable.

That's not my interpretation it's gathered from people at Bretford...blimey, I might be ITK !

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Petereagle's Profile Petereagle Flag Brockley 22 Oct 20 2.39pm Send a Private Message to Petereagle Add Petereagle as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

Actually they are. Even if they had got promotion, Watkins or Benrahma may well have been sold. Yes, they want promotion but they also want to be sustainable.

That's not my interpretation it's gathered from people at Bretford...blimey, I might be ITK !

Beware,a terrible fate await you!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Philís Barber's Profile Philís Barber Flag Crowborough 22 Oct 20 3.17pm Send a Private Message to Philís Barber Add Philís Barber as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

I know an Olly Hawkins - not the first time I've made that mistake !

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 266 of 268 < 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Signings On The Way