You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Cenk Tosun
February 26 2020 10.21pm

Cenk Tosun

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 16 of 19 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 22 Jan 20 4.17pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by martin2412

Willow, you're not the chap I had a brief chat with in Park Road last night who bemoaned that he travelled from Worthing to watch that are you ?

Luckily for you I was not that person !
I was bemoaning at high decibel-levels to a number of supporters but not in Park Road.

My abode is not in Worthing but not too far removed and I was in a hissy-fit all the way back to the south coast.
Darned long drive in the dark after a disgraceful performance like that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View martin2412's Profile martin2412 Flag The Big Wide World 22 Jan 20 4.19pm Send a Private Message to martin2412 Add martin2412 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Luckily for you I was not that person !
I was bemoaning at high decibel-levels to a number of supporters but not in Park Road.

My abode is not in Worthing but not too far removed and I was in a hissy-fit all the way back to the south coast.
Darned long drive in the dark after a disgraceful performance like that.

Ditto

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 22 Jan 20 4.44pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Came down yesterday; watched match; duly disappointed; stayed overnight with friends; returned home today. Will do it again, idiot that I am! However, I thought Tosun was simply to keen to impress on his first full home game and wanted the fans to see him lash a rocket into the roof of the net. (That's how I like to keep about it. there were one or two other nice touches from him
But let's face the facts the whole team was lethargic and clearly lacking in the energy needed to match Soton.
I think Roy was probably right is his post-match interview when he said the poor performance was the result of the culmination of matches in recent weeks and the lack of first team options.
Let's see how things look Saturday week when, hopefully, those who played last night will be refreshed, some of the injured (plus Luka) will be back and Tosun has learned that all we Palace fans want is to see him put the ball in the back of the net and it doesn't matter how he does it Provided it's legal.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Esteban's Profile Esteban Flag Addiscombe 22 Jan 20 7.14pm Send a Private Message to Esteban Add Esteban as a friend

Amen to that!!

 


Old Father Time

Aut insanit homo, aut versus facit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 22 Jan 20 9.27pm Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by doombear

Came down yesterday; watched match; duly disappointed; stayed overnight with friends; returned home today. Will do it again, idiot that I am! However, I thought Tosun was simply to keen to impress on his first full home game and wanted the fans to see him lash a rocket into the roof of the net. (That's how I like to keep about it. there were one or two other nice touches from him
But let's face the facts the whole team was lethargic and clearly lacking in the energy needed to match Soton.
I think Roy was probably right is his post-match interview when he said the poor performance was the result of the culmination of matches in recent weeks and the lack of first team options.
Let's see how things look Saturday week when, hopefully, those who played last night will be refreshed, some of the injured (plus Luka) will be back and Tosun has learned that all we Palace fans want is to see him put the ball in the back of the net and it doesn't matter how he does it Provided it's legal.

I don't think he can blame tiredness all on injuries.

None of the back 4 have featured that heavily this season. McCarthy has barely played. It was Tosun' second game.

Wilf and Ayew have played a lot this season with no real breaks.

Kouyate and Mcarthur have played almost every game, but I'd question if they should have featured so much given we have had Mayer, Reidewald, McCarthy, Pierrick sat on the bench.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pollawec's Profile Pollawec Flag London 23 Jan 20 5.20pm Send a Private Message to Pollawec Add Pollawec as a friend

No, it isn't, I disagree completely, what I have said is spot on, lol.

Originally posted by blackheatheagle

It is more like Toe Soon (but `oo` part is need to be cut short)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pollawec's Profile Pollawec Flag London 23 Jan 20 5.21pm Send a Private Message to Pollawec Add Pollawec as a friend

It's a massive deal and you should get it right, lol.

Originally posted by Eustace H. Plimsoll

The correct pronunciation is actually:

"However you like - it's not that big a deal". (As long as it doesn't sound like 'Alexander Sorloth', we'll know who you mean.)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 23 Jan 20 5.28pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Pollawec

No, it isn't, I disagree completely, what I have said is spot on, lol.

Hi Cenk, why did you miss that sitter?

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 24 Jan 20 12.13am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Kamal Toe Soon

Originally posted by Pollawec

No, it isn't, I disagree completely, what I have said is spot on, lol.

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Master Coin's Profile Master Coin Flag 24 Jan 20 6.45pm Send a Private Message to Master Coin Add Master Coin as a friend

The problem with signing Tosun (or indeed any centre forward) is how much it marginalises Ayew who, this far, is arguably PotY. Ayew is a far worse winger. I still maintain centre forward was never our problem. Ayew will score goals in a team that creates chances. We just donít create enough.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 24 Jan 20 7.09pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Master Coin

The problem with signing Tosun (or indeed any centre forward) is how much it marginalises Ayew who, this far, is arguably PotY. Ayew is a far worse winger. I still maintain centre forward was never our problem. Ayew will score goals in a team that creates chances. We just donít create enough.

I have a feeling that Ayew prefers to play somewhat wider.At Swansea he used to run the channels all day.
Looking at this season, against A.Villa he cut in from the left,leaving Mings in his wake and scored, and against W.Ham he came in centrally from out on the wide and scored that wonderful goal.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View marklt's Profile marklt Flag Portugal 25 Jan 20 10.20pm Send a Private Message to marklt Add marklt as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Tosun deal - Is this true?' by bexleydave

If it is and we buy him what will the total cost be?

ďThe club will pay Tosunís £100,000-a-week wages, as well as a £1m loan fee. There is also set to be an option included to make the move permanent for a fee of £20m.Ē

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 16 of 19 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Cenk Tosun