You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Your XI when everyone is back from injury?
August 11 2020 7.12pm

Your XI when everyone is back from injury?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View coulsdoneagle's Profile coulsdoneagle Flag London 19 Jan 20 11.48pm Send a Private Message to coulsdoneagle Add coulsdoneagle as a friend

VG

Ward—Cahill—Tonks—PVA

MacArthur——Luka——Kouyate

Ayew————Tosun————Zaha

For me the team currently picks itself when fully fit. We would have a strong bench. I think Townsend has a fight on his hand to get his place back, but him in form would be great to have a more natural wide player on both sides. Sakho is so useful in playing out from the back and helping Luka kick start breaks with good interplay, but defensively he is so much more of a liability than Cahill and Tomkins.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 20 Jan 20 12.22am Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

Originally posted by coulsdoneagle

VG

Ward—Cahill—Tonks—PVA

MacArthur——Luka——Kouyate

Ayew————Tosun————Zaha

For me the team currently picks itself when fully fit. We would have a strong bench. I think Townsend has a fight on his hand to get his place back, but him in form would be great to have a more natural wide player on both sides. Sakho is so useful in playing out from the back and helping Luka kick start breaks with good interplay, but defensively he is so much more of a liability than Cahill and Tomkins.

Lol judging by the previous replies it certainly doesn't.

Questions: LB could be PVA, Schlupp or Jairo. Strong case for all.
CM: Does Luka come back in? Some say yes, some say no.
Wing: Ayew or Townsend?
Striker: Is Tosun actually any better than Wickham?

Edited by sprites (20 Jan 2020 12.23am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 20 Jan 20 8.32am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

The first question is:
Whose system are we to work with?
On the basis that Roy seems to prefer some form of 433, I would be looking at:

VG

Ward
Tomkins
Cahill
PVA

Macarthur
Luka
Kouyate

Ayew
Tosun
Zaha

We know Luka can do it and he now knows that if he doesn't get back to previous heights there are two players ready to take his place (McCarthy and Riederwald). PVA will also be looking over his shoulder.
I know Tosun has only played one and a bit games for us, but imo he's shown more striker nous and instinct than we've seen from any of our other options and I'm happy to give him an extended run in the role to confirm or otherwise that ability.
As for Andros, an up and down season (played brilliantly against Liverpool but often not in the game). Would like to see him as an impact sub option for the last 25-30 minutes.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 20 Jan 20 8.34am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by doombear

The first question is:
Whose system are we to work with?
On the basis that Roy seems to prefer some form of 433, I would be looking at:

VG

Ward
Tomkins
Cahill
PVA

Macarthur
Luka
Kouyate

Ayew
Tosun
Zaha

We know Luka can do it and he now knows that if he doesn't get back to previous heights there are two players ready to take his place (McCarthy and Riederwald). PVA will also be looking over his shoulder.
I know Tosun has only played one and a bit games for us, but imo he's shown more striker nous and instinct than we've seen from any of our other options and I'm happy to give him an extended run in the role to confirm or otherwise that ability.
As for Andros, an up and down season (played brilliantly against Liverpool but often not in the game). Would like to see him as an impact sub option for the last 25-30 minutes.

should read "but often not in the game in other matches.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View coulsdoneagle's Profile coulsdoneagle Flag London 20 Jan 20 9.00am Send a Private Message to coulsdoneagle Add coulsdoneagle as a friend

Originally posted by sprites

Lol judging by the previous replies it certainly doesn't.

Questions: LB could be PVA, Schlupp or Jairo. Strong case for all.
CM: Does Luka come back in? Some say yes, some say no.
Wing: Ayew or Townsend?
Striker: Is Tosun actually any better than Wickham?

Edited by sprites (20 Jan 2020 12.23am)

That’s why I said for me it does. PVA is our best left back when fit and on form. He has the most going forward and links up with Wilf well. He hasn’t been in form but at the moment he is still our best option.

Luka comes in as he has the best range of passing and can build attacks from the back. While he hasn’t had his best season, the scapegoating of him has hardly been fair. He has frequently had the most forward passes, key passes, and passes in the oppositions half when he plays as well as among the highest tackle rates in our 11. If we can get him back to his best he offers the most going forward other than Macca of our CDM options.

Ayew keeps his place for me, I’d say it’s more a question of Tosun or Townsend for me. Either Tosun up top with Ayew out wide, or Ayew up top with Townsend playing out wide.


On current viewing I’d say yes he is a better option. He had a fantastic match with his back to goal and offered a threat to the goal throughout.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Shifty97's Profile Shifty97 Flag Croydon 20 Jan 20 12.12pm Send a Private Message to Shifty97 Add Shifty97 as a friend

Guaita

Ward
Cahill
Tomkins
Van Aanholt

Kouyaté
McArthur
McCarthy

Ayew
Tosun
Zaha

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View samprior's Profile samprior Flag Hamburg 20 Jan 20 12.19pm Send a Private Message to samprior Add samprior as a friend

Guaita

Ward
Cahill
Tomkins
Van Aanholt

Kouyaté / Luka
McArthur
Riedewald

Ayew
Tosun
Zaha

I'd love to see Riedewald get a run in midfield once PVA is back. He's the only player who currently looks to play an inventive pass and I think he'd be great in helping Ayew and Zaha to get on the ball more. McCarthy is a great back up for any of the midfield when they are injured/in need of a rest. Luka has real competition for his spot when he returns.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Aray's Profile Aray Flag South London 20 Jan 20 1.08pm Send a Private Message to Aray Add Aray as a friend


Guaita

Ward--Tomkins--Cahill--PVA

Riedewald

McArthur--Kouyate
Ayew---- Tosun------Zaha

Harsh on McCarthy who is showing he's a real contender for a permanent starting midfield slot but Riedewald's passing is really needed.

Luka and Andros need to win their places back. Sakho too.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Charles's Profile Charles Flag Forest Hill 20 Jan 20 1.38pm Send a Private Message to Charles Add Charles as a friend


Guaita

Ward Cahill Tomkins PVA


Townsend Luka Kouyate Riedewald

Ayew Tosun Zaha


Hennessy, Kelly, Schlupp, McArthut, Benteke

McArthur / Kouyate is a hard call. I hope Tosun will kickstart Benteke into making that a harder call but Tosun seems to have a much better instinct for where his team mates are headed. I've included the bench just because I like the look of it so much (I'm even a Hennessy fan; he provides decent cover for a budget club)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rollercoaster's Profile rollercoaster Flag Cornwall 20 Jan 20 2.30pm Send a Private Message to rollercoaster Add rollercoaster as a friend

Originally posted by Charles


Guaita

Ward Cahill Tomkins PVA


Townsend Luka Kouyate Riedewald

Ayew Tosun Zaha


Hennessy, Kelly, Schlupp, McArthut, Benteke

McArthur / Kouyate is a hard call. I hope Tosun will kickstart Benteke into making that a harder call but Tosun seems to have a much better instinct for where his team mates are headed. I've included the bench just because I like the look of it so much (I'm even a Hennessy fan; he provides decent cover for a budget club)

sorry, one too many.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 20 Jan 20 2.33pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Charles


Guaita

Ward Cahill Tomkins PVA


Townsend Luka Kouyate Riedewald

Ayew Tosun Zaha


Hennessy, Kelly, Schlupp, McArthut, Benteke

McArthur / Kouyate is a hard call. I hope Tosun will kickstart Benteke into making that a harder call but Tosun seems to have a much better instinct for where his team mates are headed. I've included the bench just because I like the look of it so much (I'm even a Hennessy fan; he provides decent cover for a budget club)

I'm sorry Charles but I think you've chosen 12 players. who' the unlucky one to bedropped to the bench?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View aj36094's Profile aj36094 Flag Derbyshire 20 Jan 20 2.46pm Send a Private Message to aj36094 Add aj36094 as a friend

Guaita

Ward - although replacement is needed in summer
Tompkins
Cahill
PVA

McArthur
Kouyate
McCarthy

Ayew
Tosun
Zaha

I rate Jairo highly but PVA gives someone for Wilf to offload to in front of him when overlapping and Jairo's fast walk/ slow jog when tracking something he won't catch annoys me. Should Jairo play then I would put Schlupp in for McCarthy to add some pace/ threat.

Luka- I don't see what he offers apart from penalties, free kicks are ok and corners lack power.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Your XI when everyone is back from injury?