You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Team vs. Sheffield Utd
February 23 2020 3.53pm

Team vs. Sheffield Utd

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 26 Jan 20 6.13pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by fishbone

I do like how the top clubs try out their younger talents rather than h as be them as bench warmers !!!!

Doesn't apply to us.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 26 Jan 20 6.46pm Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Originally posted by Tickled pink

It will not make any difference who we pick, it will end up like the Southampton game with more then likely the same score, it's just the way they play and what they've been doing away from home all season ..we sadly won't like it at all and everyone on here will go bonkers again, expect nothing that's what I advise all of you to do.

Have you and Roy Hodgson ever been seen together in the same room? Just asking.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Philís Barber's Profile Philís Barber Flag Crowborough 27 Jan 20 12.29pm Send a Private Message to Philís Barber Add Philís Barber as a friend

Iím sorry but Iím still really on a downer from the Saints game and I donít see an improvement in result for this one.

I was at the Blades game earlier in the season and we were woeful, disinterested and just outfought and out harried. Theyíll do exactly the same to us this time and weíve shown recently we just don't have the appetite for this type of game.

Definitely Ward in for Kelly. Kelly has done well as a centre back but my god heís been so exposed as a right back and has cost us so many times recently. I canít blame him entirely as he just shouldnít be playing right back but he has, so the sooner we have a better fit for that position the better.

As much as Luka has been off the pace recently too Iíd probably put him straight back in to see if that can shake things up in order to stop a repeat of the Southampton performance.

Up top Iíd definitely select Tosun as we need to see some more of him and I really think thereís a good player / finisher in there somewhere.

Iím really not looking forward to it but Iíll be there all the same hoping for some kind of miracle that we actually play some entertaining football for a change.

Edited by Philís Barber (27 Jan 2020 12.30pm)

Edited by Philís Barber (27 Jan 2020 12.31pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 28 Jan 20 9.41am Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by Philís Barber

Iím sorry but Iím still really on a downer from the Saints game and I donít see an improvement in result for this one.

I was at the Blades game earlier in the season and we were woeful, disinterested and just outfought and out harried. Theyíll do exactly the same to us this time and weíve shown recently we just don't have the appetite for this type of game.

Definitely Ward in for Kelly. Kelly has done well as a centre back but my god heís been so exposed as a right back and has cost us so many times recently. I canít blame him entirely as he just shouldnít be playing right back but he has, so the sooner we have a better fit for that position the better.

As much as Luka has been off the pace recently too Iíd probably put him straight back in to see if that can shake things up in order to stop a repeat of the Southampton performance.

Up top Iíd definitely select Tosun as we need to see some more of him and I really think thereís a good player / finisher in there somewhere.

Iím really not looking forward to it but Iíll be there all the same hoping for some kind of miracle that we actually play some entertaining football for a change.

-----------------------------------------

Intensity isn't us especially at home, when Zaha's on the ball we are momentarily better but he is so inconsistent now that we cannot build any pressure and any pressure we do try will easily be destroyed by their wingbacks, so yes you're right I fear it will not be pretty.

Edited by Tickled pink (28 Jan 2020 8.41pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Online Flag Sutton Coldfield 28 Jan 20 10.17am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

After the shambles of Soton, I expect a positive reaction whichever team Roy puts out. As to which team and a predicted score, I'll wait until I've heard the injury update and how many great signings we make in the next 80 odd hours (tongue in cheek).

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Galv's Profile Galv Flag Wallington 28 Jan 20 10.41am Send a Private Message to Galv Add Galv as a friend

Originally posted by Tickled pink

It will not make any difference who we pick, it will end up like the Southampton game with more then likely the same score, it's just the way they play and what they've been doing away from home all season ..we sadly won't like it at all and everyone on here will go bonkers again, expect nothing that's what I advise all of you to do.

I think you are correct, high press, high energy who dares wins attitude.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag Chelsea 28 Jan 20 11.54am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Got to be honest, Im not looking forward to it.
I really hope we get Luka back and Ayew in no.9 position.
Put Tosun on bench for the usual 73rd minute sub.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 29 Jan 20 3.05am Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

Guaita

Ward-Tonks-Cahill-PVA

McArthur-Luka-Reiderwald

Ayew - Wickham - Zaha

PVA comes straight in for me, as does Luka.
Wickham still our best striker for me.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 29 Jan 20 8.20am Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

This is one game I am not looking forward to. One of our worst performance of the season was away against them. They play the type of football that gives us nightmares.

I can imagine that we will see Ward and PVA back in which will be harsh on Jairo. I also canít see him dropping Luka so it will be a toss up between McCarthy and Kouyate.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BM's Profile BM Flag 29 Jan 20 8.52am Send a Private Message to BM Add BM as a friend

Guiata; Ward, Tomkins, Cahill, Riedewald; Luka, McArthur, Kouyate; Wilf, Ayew, Meyer.
Donít think he can risk playing Ayew wide and leaving us as exposed at RB as we were v Southampton.
Donít think Jairo deserves to be dropped.
Donít think Tosun is better than Ayew.
Donít think weíll win but you never know.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 29 Jan 20 9.53am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Just joined I see......


Originally posted by BM

Guiata; Ward, Tomkins, Cahill, Riedewald; Luka, McArthur, Kouyate; Wilf, Ayew, Meyer.
Donít think he can risk playing Ayew wide and leaving us as exposed at RB as we were v Southampton.
Donít think Jairo deserves to be dropped.
Donít think Tosun is better than Ayew.
Donít think weíll win but you never know.

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Passion's Profile Palace Passion Flag Bromley, South London 29 Jan 20 11.53pm Send a Private Message to Palace Passion Add Palace Passion as a friend

Guaita

Fergusson--Tomkins--Cahill--Van Aanholt


Kouyate--McArthur

Townsend-----Ayew-----Zaha

Tosun

 


|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||P|A|L|A|C|E||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||


***Roy Hodgson's RED 'n' BLUE ARMY***
Be loud.. Be proud.. Be PALACE!

staffie - missed but never forgotten 19/04/15

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Team vs. Sheffield Utd