You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Coronavirus
May 10 2021 6.32am

Coronavirus

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 884 of 884 « First< 880 881 882 883 884

 

View Orange1290's Profile Orange1290 Flag 30 Apr 21 7.54pm Send a Private Message to Orange1290 Add Orange1290 as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle


According to the latest figures Ireland has had 157, 671 cases more than China.
France 1,178,148 more cases & 23,278 fewer deaths than the UK.
Turkey 374,458 more cases than the UK & 87,765 fewer deaths.

Something about these numbers doesn’t add up.

Why doesn't it 'add up'? Other countries can have better health systems, more critical bed capacity, better treatments, more resources etc to handle those seriously infected and so keep death rates down while having higher infection rates. The health of the general population is also a large factor in the potential death rates. Germany is a very good example. It has a population 20% more than that of the UK . The UK has around 150,000 hospital beds, while Germany has a whopping 500,000, more than 200% more plus the 200% more (at least but probably more) professional staff to service those beds.

Edited by Orange1290 (30 Apr 2021 8.14pm)

 


Pro China, EU & Palestine

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 30 Apr 21 8.54pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Orange1290

Why doesn't it 'add up'? Other countries can have better health systems, more critical bed capacity, better treatments, more resources etc to handle those seriously infected and so keep death rates down while having higher infection rates. The health of the general population is also a large factor in the potential death rates. Germany is a very good example. It has a population 20% more than that of the UK . The UK has around 150,000 hospital beds, while Germany has a whopping 500,000, more than 200% more plus the 200% more (at least but probably more) professional staff to service those beds.

Edited by Orange1290 (30 Apr 2021 8.14pm)

The Turkish healthcare system should be the envy of the world rather than the NHS.

Ireland has had x2.5 the cases of China - a country with 20 cities whose population is greater than Ireland’s total.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 01 May 21 7.58am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

The Turkish healthcare system should be the envy of the world rather than the NHS.

Ireland has had x2.5 the cases of China - a country with 20 cities whose population is greater than Ireland’s total.

Interesting.

A friend had a major accident (lots of broken bones) when we were on holiday in Turkey luckily he had insurance and was sent to a private hospital. All the locals I spoke to said that he was lucky he could afford that as the "NHS" type hospitals were not very good.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 01 May 21 8.03am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Interesting.

A friend had a major accident (lots of broken bones) when we were on holiday in Turkey luckily he had insurance and was sent to a private hospital. All the locals I spoke to said that he was lucky he could afford that as the "NHS" type hospitals were not very good.

I have no experience of the Turkish system - only meant that if the figures are true they’ve been spectacularly more successful than us.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 01 May 21 8.18am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

I have no experience of the Turkish system - only meant that if the figures are true they’ve been spectacularly more successful than us.

Yup and my comments are purely that not evidence based. I think the Turks did well by locking everyone down but then like India they took their foot of the break and now they are back in lock down.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 02 May 21 10.22am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Yup and my comments are purely that not evidence based. I think the Turks did well by locking everyone down but then like India they took their foot of the break and now they are back in lock down.

It’s as if the virus will circulate everywhere unless you lock everyone away, or close the country off while being thousands of miles from anyone else.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DANGERCLOSE's Profile DANGERCLOSE Flag london 02 May 21 1.29pm Send a Private Message to DANGERCLOSE Add DANGERCLOSE as a friend

It's a good job we left the EU they seem a bit slow giving out the vaccine's

 


Support The Brexit Party [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 02 May 21 1.31pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by DANGERCLOSE

It's a good job we left the EU they seem a bit slow giving out the vaccine's

"Your vaccine is dangerous why haven''t you delivered more."

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 884 of 884 « First< 880 881 882 883 884

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Coronavirus