You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Next 18 months
February 18 2020 7.45am

The Next 18 months

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Aj's_Magic_Hat's Profile Aj's_Magic_Hat Flag Las Palmas 16 Feb 20 4.03pm Send a Private Message to Aj's_Magic_Hat Add Aj's_Magic_Hat as a friend

With so much being talked about the future of the club, owners, manager, players, transfers and wages, these are just some of the things to think about over the 18 months.

At the end of this season we all know that our managers current contract ends, but we also look set to lose

Scott Dann 33 - 60k a week.

Now this is where the fun begins. At the end of 20/21 these are the players out of contract


Andros Townsend will be 30 55k a week
Christian Benteke will be 30 120k a week
Mamadou Sakho will be 32 100k a week
Patrick Van AAnholt will be 30 55k a week
Jeffery Schlupp wil 28 56k a week
Max Meyer will be 25 125k a week
James McArthue will be 33 55k a week
Gary Cahill will be 35 ???
Vicente Guaita will be 34 60k a week
Joel Ward will be 31 35k a week
Martin Kelly will be 31 25k a week
Wayne Hennessey will be 34 40k a week
Connor Wickham will be 27 still injuried 60k a week


My question is, with the fact I think Wilf will go this summer and will probably have a mangerial change, are board waiting to see who comes in to see who gets a new contract? Apart from Meyer/Wickham all will be over 30, but thats still a starting 11 plus a reverse keeper out of contract. Do we keep any of them? Or is this a massive chance to start with a clean slate? But that would be with 0 pounds coming in from transfers and no money from the owners to for transfers.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Gribbo's Profile Gribbo Flag Bromley 16 Feb 20 4.07pm Send a Private Message to Gribbo Add Gribbo as a friend

Are we really paying Wayne Hennessy £40k a week. I nearly spat my tea out.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 16 Feb 20 4.10pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

They can’t all be expiring in June 2021.

We’re definitely in a time of concern that’s going to last for a lot longer, whichever division we’re in. Some don’t understand and think we’ll bounce straight back if we go down and going down is no concern whatsoever. If only that were true. We’re in a very wobbly state.

Edited by Rudi Hedman (16 Feb 2020 4.27pm)

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Henry of Peckham's Profile Henry of Peckham Flag Eton Mess 16 Feb 20 5.50pm Send a Private Message to Henry of Peckham Add Henry of Peckham as a friend

We're in a mess alright ... yet again we're looking down instead of up and we're desperately in need of pruning to encourage new growth. Can't really see how whatever number of seasons it is now in the PL has been beneficial to the club. The team is still struggling, the football is rubbish and the ground is still a $hit hole!

 


Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 16 Feb 20 6.40pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

New investment, shiny young signings, new youth set-up, new stadium. Up the Toffees.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 16 Feb 20 6.57pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Aj's_Magic_Hat

With so much being talked about the future of the club, owners, manager, players, transfers and wages, these are just some of the things to think about over the 18 months.

At the end of this season we all know that our managers current contract ends, but we also look set to lose

Scott Dann 33 - 60k a week.

Now this is where the fun begins. At the end of 20/21 these are the players out of contract


Andros Townsend will be 30 55k a week
Christian Benteke will be 30 120k a week
Mamadou Sakho will be 32 100k a week
Patrick Van AAnholt will be 30 55k a week
Jeffery Schlupp wil 28 56k a week
Max Meyer will be 25 125k a week
James McArthue will be 33 55k a week
Gary Cahill will be 35 ???
Vicente Guaita will be 34 60k a week
Joel Ward will be 31 35k a week
Martin Kelly will be 31 25k a week
Wayne Hennessey will be 34 40k a week
Connor Wickham will be 27 still injuried 60k a week


My question is, with the fact I think Wilf will go this summer and will probably have a mangerial change, are board waiting to see who comes in to see who gets a new contract? Apart from Meyer/Wickham all will be over 30, but thats still a starting 11 plus a reverse keeper out of contract. Do we keep any of them? Or is this a massive chance to start with a clean slate? But that would be with 0 pounds coming in from transfers and no money from the owners to for transfers.

A reverse keeper
Clearly plays for us reversing into his net to get the ball out.
Sorry exit stage left

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View orpingtoneagle's Profile orpingtoneagle Flag Orpington 16 Feb 20 7.37pm Send a Private Message to orpingtoneagle Add orpingtoneagle as a friend

In 18 months we will be in the Championship with a 10 point deduction after going into administration.

The Americans will not support now let alone if we are outside the Prem...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ex hibitionist's Profile ex hibitionist Flag Hastings 16 Feb 20 9.00pm Send a Private Message to ex hibitionist Add ex hibitionist as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

A reverse keeper
Clearly plays for us reversing into his net to get the ball out.
Sorry exit stage left

I think he missed out a semi colon somewhere - well spotted sir! great post by OP - we need to start thinking about replacements so we're prepared for the end of next season, a new midfield post Zaha not just one by one replacements, maybe the talk about Tufan had something to do with that

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Canterbury Palace's Profile Canterbury Palace Flag Whitstable 16 Feb 20 10.17pm Send a Private Message to Canterbury Palace Add Canterbury Palace as a friend

Hopefully we'll try and cash in on a few of them this summer. No point keeping Meyer on such outrageous wages if he's not going to be the focal point of the team. Hennessey,Sakho and Benteke can go as well freeing up 260k a week.

Assuming we manage to stay up, I'd like to see us raid the Championship to get the average age and wage bill right down.

 


We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View crvenaeagle's Profile crvenaeagle Flag Yesterday 1.47am Send a Private Message to crvenaeagle Add crvenaeagle as a friend

Originally posted by orpingtoneagle

In 18 months we will be in the Championship with a 10 point deduction after going into administration.

The Americans will not support now let alone if we are outside the Prem...

Yaaaas! Back to the days of Shrewsbury away, 5 academy players on the field and "exotic" signings from Austria. Gimme Alan Lee in head bandages.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CT Charlie's Profile CT Charlie Flag Yesterday 2.18am Send a Private Message to CT Charlie Add CT Charlie as a friend

Just for the record, as I Yank there's nothing I'd like more than to buy the team from the current apathetic cheapskates and do the right thing for the fans. There's a major impediment to this solution, however.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag Chelsea Yesterday 2.30am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend


Originally posted by CT Charlie

Just for the record, as I Yank there's nothing I'd like more than to buy the team from the current apathetic cheapskates and do the right thing for the fans. There's a major impediment to this solution, however.

Which is?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Next 18 months