You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > If over 70's banned from PL games.................
April 3 2020 9.53pm

If over 70's banned from PL games.................

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View monkey's Profile monkey Flag Made in Bromley 09 Mar 20 1.45pm Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

Thatís Kenners46 buggered then!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PALACE FOR EVER's Profile PALACE FOR EVER Flag London 15 Mar 20 5.23pm Send a Private Message to PALACE FOR EVER Add PALACE FOR EVER as a friend

Coronavirus: Isolation for over-70s 'within weeks'

[Link]

 


The pyramid to beat all pyramids!!

[Link]

Find out what team is in which division, eg which division is Coppull United in?

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 15 Mar 20 6.38pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Half our squad won't be able to play.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bicycle repair man's Profile bicycle repair man 16 Mar 20 1.48pm Send a Private Message to bicycle repair man Add bicycle repair man as a friend

Roy is probably fitter than most 50 year olds.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Philís Barber's Profile Philís Barber Flag Crowborough 16 Mar 20 8.00pm Send a Private Message to Philís Barber Add Philís Barber as a friend

Originally posted by bexleydave

Like any other group of individuals, the over 70s are more than capable of deciding the degree of risk they are prepared to tolerate and don't need to be cosseted by the nanny state.

I believe the crux of this is that the previous cases clearly show that the main vulnerable groups are the over 70ís and/or those with underlying health conditions. This being the case it is essential to minimise those likely to be affected due to the incalculable strain it will put on the NHS. If we do not mitigate the potential impact it will have on our hospitals and health service then it will fail at every level, not just for COVID-19 sufferers but for ALL NHS patients; Existing patients and future A&E patients, which could be you or I or indeed any of us, will also be casualties of this crisis.

Hospitalisation cases of COVID-19 are at 60% for the over 75ís compared to 8% for the under 50ís. That ratio just cannot be ignored. The Immune functions go down rather rapidly after age 75 also.

It will require drastic measures and action and whether it is ageist or discriminatory the facts speak for themselves and Have to be acted upon if we are to do what is necessary to minimise the impact on the NHS (and save lives) in the given circumstances.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 16 Mar 20 9.00pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by bicycle repair man

Roy is probably fitter than most 50 year olds.

Fitness can have nothing to do with immunity as youíll hear from medical professionals and why we have a problem with pensioners ignoring the advice.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 16 Mar 20 9.41pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Philís Barber

I believe the crux of this is that the previous cases clearly show that the main vulnerable groups are the over 70ís and/or those with underlying health conditions. This being the case it is essential to minimise those likely to be affected due to the incalculable strain it will put on the NHS. If we do not mitigate the potential impact it will have on our hospitals and health service then it will fail at every level, not just for COVID-19 sufferers but for ALL NHS patients; Existing patients and future A&E patients, which could be you or I or indeed any of us, will also be casualties of this crisis.

Hospitalisation cases of COVID-19 are at 60% for the over 75ís compared to 8% for the under 50ís. That ratio just cannot be ignored. The Immune functions go down rather rapidly after age 75 also.

It will require drastic measures and action and whether it is ageist or discriminatory the facts speak for themselves and Have to be acted upon if we are to do what is necessary to minimise the impact on the NHS (and save lives) in the given circumstances.

Unfortunately many in that age bracket think they know better than anyone. In some things they may do. Medical issues? Ha ha, yeah carry on Bill and Betty.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View punksnotdead's Profile punksnotdead Flag croydon 17 Mar 20 7.42am Send a Private Message to punksnotdead Add punksnotdead as a friend

It's a real dilemma, isolating people who are generally already isolated could be catastrophic for them in other ways, for some elderly supporters going to football, or other sports, is their only social activity and to take that away from them will be very hard for them. My Dad is 85 and comes up from Eastbourne for every home game, he goes with 2 of his mates, also in their 80s, so it will mean not seeing your friends and enjoying your hobby, I know that they are more vulnerable to this virus but it will be hard for them and hard to control if they turn up to events anyway because they feel fit and healthy

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Philís Barber's Profile Philís Barber Flag Crowborough 17 Mar 20 10.00am Send a Private Message to Philís Barber Add Philís Barber as a friend

Totally, I can relate to all that you say but I still think we all need to think of the bigger picture if we can. Easier said than done I know.

Ultimately it seems it could well be a case of ĎDamned if you do, damned if you donítí!!!

Itís a massive issue / problem...potentially catastrophic!

Worryingly, I think we are only just seeing the very beginning of huge, social, economic and health problems that will affect us for longer than we possibly dare imagine.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 17 Mar 20 10.16am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Philís Barber

Totally, I can relate to all that you say but I still think we all need to think of the bigger picture if we can. Easier said than done I know.

Ultimately it seems it could well be a case of ĎDamned if you do, damned if you donítí!!!

Itís a massive issue / problem...potentially catastrophic!

Worryingly, I think we are only just seeing the very beginning of huge, social, economic and health problems that will affect us for longer than we possibly dare imagine.

Yep. If this could effectively be pre season so weíll see. Or it could be a lot longer and not problems are ahead.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Online Flag 17 Mar 20 11.13am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman


Unfortunately many in that age bracket think they know better than anyone. In some things they may do. Medical issues? Ha ha, yeah carry on Bill and Betty.

Sainsbury this morning was bedlam with shelves stripped bare as if a plague of locusts had been through it.

The vast majority of the people filling up their trollies seemed to be the over seventies group that should be staying at home.

I heard one old dear telling another that she wanted to buy self raising flour but there wasn't any. "All due to the panic buying I suppose" she said whilst standing next to her trolley stuffed full of toilet rolls. The irony was obviously completely lost on her

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rob1969's Profile rob1969 Flag Banstead Surrey 17 Mar 20 1.14pm Send a Private Message to rob1969 Add rob1969 as a friend

People have two options - they either self isolate and impose some restrictions on their life themselves - or - if the situation still gets worse- they will be made - as in Spain and France - to stay home with the threat of prosecution for those who still refuse,
Some degree of rationing will have to be introduced to ensure that everyone gets basic necessities.
Worst case could end up with troops on street guarding stores etc.
.
Hopefully will not be necessary but I wouldnít bet on it at the moment.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > If over 70's banned from PL games.................