You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Labour
June 5 2020 10.02am

Labour

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

 

View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 08 Mar 20 7.13pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

It seems that lots of new members (since corbyn lost) and many former members (prior to corbyn being leader) are being treated differently to members who joined whilst he was leader.
A lot of them havent had their ballot papers for the vote on a new leader.
Checks against the electoral role etc.
This didnt happen when corbyn was voted in by new members.
May be a conspiracy or admin issues.
Or alternatively JC just cant let go.

Cant post a link but it's there if someone would please.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 08 Mar 20 7.23pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Corbyn clattenburg

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux, London Stadium, turf moor & Anfield to Old Trafford.....Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 09 Mar 20 2.23am Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Their latest brain-wave...

Trevor Phillips, the former head of Britain’s equalities watchdog, has been suspended from the Labour Party over allegations of Islamophobia, The Times can disclose.

A pioneering anti-racism campaigner, Mr Phillips, 66, now faces expulsion from the party for alleged prejudice against Muslims. He first alerted Britain to the problem of Islamophobia in the 1990s but is now being investigated for public statements that include expressing concerns about pakistani Muslim men sexually abusing children in northern towns such as Rotherham.

Comments by Mr Phillips about the failure by some Muslims to wear poppies for Remembrance Sunday and the sympathy shown by a substantial proportion in an opinion poll towards the “motives” of the Charlie-Hebdo killers also form part of the complaint.


They are a political car-crash at the moment. Joyful to watch.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyboy1978's Profile dannyboy1978 Flag 09 Mar 20 6.42am Send a Private Message to dannyboy1978 Add dannyboy1978 as a friend

Labour are trying to be 100% PC it's hilarious.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 09 Mar 20 7.51am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

It seems that lots of new members (since corbyn lost) and many former members (prior to corbyn being leader) are being treated differently to members who joined whilst he was leader.
A lot of them havent had their ballot papers for the vote on a new leader.
Checks against the electoral role etc.
This didnt happen when corbyn was voted in by new members.
May be a conspiracy or admin issues.
Or alternatively JC just cant let go.

Cant post a link but it's there if someone would please.

Margaret Beckett is complaining that members of her family and friends have not yet received their papers. The deadline is April so it may just be taking time.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 09 Mar 20 7.53am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by dannyboy1978

Labour are trying to be 100% PC it's hilarious.

Actually I think this is all about revenge. At the GE Trevor Phillips a long standing Labour supporter publicly said he wouldn't vote Labour so it's payback time.

The left always eat their own.

[Link]

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Slimey Toad's Profile Slimey Toad Flag Karsiyaka, North Cyprus 09 Mar 20 9.01am Send a Private Message to Slimey Toad Add Slimey Toad as a friend

I'm waiting for Kehinde Andrews and Munroe Bergdof to defend TP as a black man victimised by institutional, unconscious, accidental, careless racism by the Labour Party.

Oh no, they probably won't because TP is likely an uncle Tom in their eyes.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 09 Mar 20 9.16am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Actually I think this is all about revenge. At the GE Trevor Phillips a long standing Labour supporter publicly said he wouldn't vote Labour so it's payback time.

The left always eat their own.

[Link]

Phillips has been red pilled in some aspects for some time now.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maggot's Profile Maggot Flag Bromley 09 Mar 20 10.37pm Send a Private Message to Maggot Add Maggot as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

Their latest brain-wave...

Trevor Phillips, the former head of Britain’s equalities watchdog, has been suspended from the Labour Party over allegations of Islamophobia, The Times can disclose.

A pioneering anti-racism campaigner, Mr Phillips, 66, now faces expulsion from the party for alleged prejudice against Muslims. He first alerted Britain to the problem of Islamophobia in the 1990s but is now being investigated for public statements that include expressing concerns about pakistani Muslim men sexually abusing children in northern towns such as Rotherham.

Comments by Mr Phillips about the failure by some Muslims to wear poppies for Remembrance Sunday and the sympathy shown by a substantial proportion in an opinion poll towards the “motives” of the Charlie-Hebdo killers also form part of the complaint.


They are a political car-crash at the moment. Joyful to watch.


One accusation of Islamophobia in the Labour party and it's all over the media.

Systematic and widespread Islamophobia in the Tory party is virtually ignored.

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 10 Mar 20 8.07am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Maggot


One accusation of Islamophobia in the Labour party and it's all over the media.

Systematic and widespread Islamophobia in the Tory party is virtually ignored.

[Link]

It would be naive to think that in any large political organisation there are not people with some very odd or offensive views. The issue with the Labour party is it's failure to deal with these allegations fairly and in a timely manner.

They still have hundreds of outstanding cases and from the outside it would appear that decisions are based on who you know rather than natural justice. That is what is being investigated e.g. Alistair Campbell is expelled 2 days after saying he wouldn't vote Labour but some of Corbyn's friends have still not had allegations against them "processed" after 3 years.

I am sure that there are people in the Tory party who hold offensive views the question is when a complaint is made how quickly is it dealt with and is the punishment appropriate.

The Muslim Council of Britain is basically the Muslim wing of the Labour party so at face value I would be suspicious of anything they say although that doesn't mean they are wrong.

300 allegations sounds a lot but if they have all been dealt with fairly then there is nothing to see here we will have to see what the EHRC says.

From the Mail a good take on the hatchet job on Trevor Phillips.

[Link]

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 10 Mar 20 9.15am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Funny how the promotion of thought crime is given legitimacy by society just a few generations after Orwell.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View W12's Profile W12 Flag 10 Mar 20 5.31pm Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

Originally posted by Maggot


One accusation of Islamophobia in the Labour party and it's all over the media.

Systematic and widespread Islamophobia in the Tory party is virtually ignored.

[Link]

It would be difficult to throw more criticism at this group than it deserves.

It will be a dark day if (more probably when) this stupid and suicidal definition is enshrined in law. It really must not happen but I fear the Tories are just a few years behind Labour in adopting "progressivism".

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Labour