You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Vincente Guaita - best keeper in the Prem?
March 30 2020 7.24am

Vincente Guaita - best keeper in the Prem?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Elpis's Profile Elpis Flag In a pub 10 Mar 20 9.14am Send a Private Message to Elpis Add Elpis as a friend

He needs to be to keep WH on the bench

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View thechaddyboy's Profile thechaddyboy Flag Peterborough 10 Mar 20 9.22am Send a Private Message to thechaddyboy Add thechaddyboy as a friend

For the performances he's had this season & points he's saved us he & Ayew are by far our top performers, hoping the club sort the extension to his contract asap as the bids will come in & I've not seen anyone, on our budget we'd be able to replace him with.

 


Red & Blue since 73'

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Uphill's Profile Uphill Flag Bedford 10 Mar 20 9.42am Send a Private Message to Uphill Add Uphill as a friend

Let's see if he gets into the Spanish squad, if so his value will be big and will be coveted by several leading PL clubs, if he is not already.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 10 Mar 20 9.54am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Uphill

Let's see if he gets into the Spanish squad, if so his value will be big and will be coveted by several leading PL clubs, if he is not already.

Liverpool have Alisson, Man C have Ederson, Tottenham have Lloris, Wolves have Patricio, Man Utd have De Gea, Arsenal have Leno, Everton have Pickford,Sheff Utd have Henderson etc.
Do you honestly think there is any chance of Guaita displacing these goalkeepers and playing on a regular basis, as good as he is ?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cpj's Profile cpj Flag Kent 10 Mar 20 10.03am Send a Private Message to cpj Add cpj as a friend

Some very good saves like on Saturday from Deeney and doesn't seem to be beaten at his near post like he often was last season. However the Sheff Utd clanger cost us points and if WH had done that people on here would still be ripping him to shreds about it. In my opinion we have two decent keepers and I don't mind which plays (WH was MOTM against Man City).

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chris123's Profile chris123 Flag hove actually 10 Mar 20 10.28am Send a Private Message to chris123 Add chris123 as a friend

I'm not an expert on keepers, but I rather think he's improved into a very fine goalie - be interesting to see if he gets a 2020 call up.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 10 Mar 20 10.52am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by thechaddyboy

For the performances he's had this season & points he's saved us he & Ayew are by far our top performers, hoping the club sort the extension to his contract asap as the bids will come in & I've not seen anyone, on our budget we'd be able to replace him with.

He’s probably saved us quite a lot of points like keepers at the top of the Prem do. He really has been a big factor in our survival this season.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 10 Mar 20 10.58am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by cpj

Some very good saves like on Saturday from Deeney and doesn't seem to be beaten at his near post like he often was last season. However the Sheff Utd clanger cost us points and if WH had done that people on here would still be ripping him to shreds about it. In my opinion we have two decent keepers and I don't mind which plays (WH was MOTM against Man City).

No keeper is perfect in today’s game because forwards are getting better and balls are moving more. Hennessey wouldn’t have saved half the points Guaita has this season. Probably nowhere near and Hennessey could’ve cost us points overall rather than saving us points.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 10 Mar 20 11.06am Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Guaita.

the best keeper in all the teams beneath the top 5.

the fact Liverpool have run away with the title does suggest their keeper is not too shabby.

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux, London Stadium, turf moor & Anfield to Old Trafford.....Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 10 Mar 20 11.15am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

Guaita.

the best keeper in all the teams beneath the top 5.

the fact Liverpool have run away with the title does suggest their keeper is not too shabby.

Some might deem that Guaita is not above the likes of Pope and Henderson.
Ben Foster has been good for Watford this season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag Kent 10 Mar 20 11.36am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

I think some people get over-hyped on Guaita.

IMO he's the best keeper we have had in years and a noticeable improvement on WH. It is nice to be able to relax about the GK position as provided he doesn't get injured we're well and truly sorted there.

As for best keeper in the league, I think that's a bit of a stretch.

 


Here's to you the famous red and blue.....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cpj's Profile cpj Flag Kent 10 Mar 20 11.38am Send a Private Message to cpj Add cpj as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

No keeper is perfect in today’s game because forwards are getting better and balls are moving more. Hennessey wouldn’t have saved half the points Guaita has this season. Probably nowhere near and Hennessey could’ve cost us points overall rather than saving us points.

Pure speculation - he hasn't been playing so you have no idea how he'd have done. For all his good saves, VG has also let in a few shots he perhaps should have saved and his movement off his line still needs work (Eg Arsenal at home when he just stayed on his line rather than coming out and smothering Aubameyang's shot).

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Vincente Guaita - best keeper in the Prem?