You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Eddie Large
July 14 2020 3.18am

Eddie Large

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

 

View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 02 Apr 20 1.41pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Brown bread

From Coronavirus!

RIP

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cantrbury eagle's Profile cantrbury eagle Flag Canterbury 02 Apr 20 1.47pm Send a Private Message to cantrbury eagle Add cantrbury eagle as a friend

A giant of 70s comedy so glad he never got caught up in savilgate.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 02 Apr 20 2.15pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Little and Large were responsible for the most atrocious Saturday night shows ever and that is saying something.
They come from an era when the common sense of humour was akin to an eight year old, or at least that is what the networks thought.

That said, I'm sad to hear that another '70s 'icon' has left us.

RIP.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 02 Apr 20 2.17pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

What sad news.
'Little and Large' provided entertainment for so many over several years.
I recall seeing Eddie Large attending a Man C game at Selhurst Park, many,many years ago.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Eddie Large at this sad time.RIP.


Edited by Willo (02 Apr 2020 2.18pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 02 Apr 20 2.41pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

RIP Eddie. Syd will now have to find a different partner for Celebrity Wimbledon Doubles 2021.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 02 Apr 20 2.44pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

I knew it would eventually claim a big name. Poor bloke.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 02 Apr 20 2.50pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

I knew it would eventually claim a big name. Poor bloke.

This works on several levels. Well done.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Sportyteacher's Profile Sportyteacher Flag London 02 Apr 20 3.58pm Send a Private Message to Sportyteacher Add Sportyteacher as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Little and Large were responsible for the most atrocious Saturday night shows ever and that is saying something.
They come from an era when the common sense of humour was akin to an eight year old, or at least that is what the networks thought.

That said, I'm sad to hear that another '70s 'icon' has left us.

RIP.

I used to love watching them as an eight year old therefore their humour was definitely appreciated then. In those days, Little & Large (as with the likes of Val Doonican) would command TV ratings commanding figures well into double figure millions, albeit because there were only x 3 TV stations to choose from then.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 02 Apr 20 4.06pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Sportyteacher

I used to love watching them as an eight year old therefore their humour was definitely appreciated then. In those days, Little & Large (as with the likes of Val Doonican) would command TV ratings commanding figures well into double figure millions, albeit because there were only x 3 TV stations to choose from then.

Exactly. They were funny for kids but as a vehicle for Saturday night entertainment for adults, they were dreadful.
They were not alone in that to be fair.
I remember the first time they were on TV on opportunity knocks and it made me laugh but I was a kid .

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 02 Apr 20 4.08pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Exactly. They were funny for kids but as a vehicle for Saturday night entertainment for adults, they were dreadful.
They were not alone in that to be fair.
I remember the first time they were on TV on opportunity knocks and it made me laugh but I was a kid .

They were edgy in comparison to the Chuckle Brothers though.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Sportyteacher's Profile Sportyteacher Flag London 02 Apr 20 4.17pm Send a Private Message to Sportyteacher Add Sportyteacher as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

They were edgy in comparison to the Chuckle Brothers though.

Could respond to this but it would only end up being a case of 'to me, to you'...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ex hibitionist's Profile ex hibitionist Flag Hastings 02 Apr 20 4.43pm Send a Private Message to ex hibitionist Add ex hibitionist as a friend

I got into the audience for the first comic relief and got a 10 minute blast of L&L in between videos of Lenny Henry being patronising in Africa - I know the beeb shows were naff, but live is a different matter, no matter how naff the tv product these guys were pros, they paid the rent making people laugh and when you were sat in front of them they knew how to make you laugh - Jimmy Saville starting his car ah-uh-ah-uh-ah nothing original, and the studio bods change the lighting to alter your mood, a glowing pink when sid and eddie were on bleach white for lenny in africa, but credit where it's due I s******ed, chuckled and laughed away, if they did not have presence and talent they would not have been able to get to a point where they could make saturday night drivel, prefer them to Ant and Dec who have got f all talent, just brass neck and bullsh*t.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Eddie Large