You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Get well boris thread
June 1 2020 6.12pm

Get well boris thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

 

View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 08 Apr 20 1.15pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Open your eyes and ears up spiderman , the question is, would you have wished jeremy well in a message like i have bojo? All this party political scoring is so boring, when nobodys scoring!

Not sure what you mean, I had not seen/heard this on any media outlet and I have never used twitter. Actually I would. In a previous post I think you will find I stated that I thought all the political points scoring was inappropriate at this time. I would not wish this virus on anyone

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 08 Apr 20 1.18pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

As I dont use Twitter I wouldn’t have seen it. Only going on what has reported in/on mainstream media.

Mr Google has the answer

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Farawayeagle's Profile Farawayeagle Flag Sydney 08 Apr 20 1.55pm Send a Private Message to Farawayeagle Add Farawayeagle as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Not sure what you mean, I had not seen/heard this on any media outlet and I have never used twitter. Actually I would. In a previous post I think you will find I stated that I thought all the political points scoring was inappropriate at this time. I would not wish this virus on anyone

I saw/heard the Corbyn tweet on Sky/CNN AND BBC

 


Founder Of The Crystal Palace Roller Coaster
Association

An Affiliate Of The Never A Dull Moment Club

R.I.P. DJ Hardline -- Gone Way Too Soon

GKAS Member 54

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Online Flag Chatham 08 Apr 20 1.58pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

If boris pulls through but is out of action who takes over. I cant see a lot of candidates at his table. Maybe give cameron a call would be my choice. Brexit feelings aside.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 08 Apr 20 2.20pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Farawayeagle

I saw/heard the Corbyn tweet on Sky/CNN AND BBC

As did I, and i also have never been on twitter for that matter!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 08 Apr 20 2.23pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

If boris pulls through but is out of action who takes over. I cant see a lot of candidates at his table. Maybe give cameron a call would be my choice. Brexit feelings aside.

He did rear his head on tv yesterday, after years in hiding, must think this is his big chance to make amends, and it could well be!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 08 Apr 20 2.57pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

If boris pulls through but is out of action who takes over. I cant see a lot of candidates at his table. Maybe give cameron a call would be my choice. Brexit feelings aside.

The way the Tory has been run in recent times I fear that decision would be deferred to Dominic Cummings, who would probably choose Michael Gove, given their close past relationship. Mind you, now Gove is also self isolating that might depend on whether he makes a Hancock style recovery or a Johnson type deterioration. As Cummings himself has also isolated it's unclear who is actually making these "No 10 says" statements at the moment.

I suspect though that a decision is going to need to be made by someone for to ask Johnson to assume the full responsibility again, even if he makes a quick recovery, is unwise given the way the virus seems to affect people. He really ought to rest and convalesce for a month or two at a minimum. Whether he would agree to that though is quite another question. His health though, as with everyone else's is the paramount consideration.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 08 Apr 20 3.03pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

He did rear his head on tv yesterday, after years in hiding, must think this is his big chance to make amends, and it could well be!

I suspect Cameron was targeted by journalists, as an ex PM, to offer re assurances about how our "system" copes with this unusual set of circumstances.

Mrs May was also on TV yesterday doing much the same.

Gordon Brown was on Radio 4 yesterday too, pushing the idea of a global economic stimulus. Apparently 92 former world leaders have formed a group to support this idea, including Brown, Blair and Major.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 08 Apr 20 4.17pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

As did I, and i also have never been on twitter for that matter!

Well I apologise, must have been otherwise engaged when it appeared. I dont watch CNN.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 08 Apr 20 4.18pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Mr Google has the answer

Thanks for the lecture, professor. I shall remember your quote

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 08 Apr 20 4.19pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I suspect Cameron was targeted by journalists, as an ex PM, to offer re assurances about how our "system" copes with this unusual set of circumstances.

Mrs May was also on TV yesterday doing much the same.

Gordon Brown was on Radio 4 yesterday too, pushing the idea of a global economic stimulus. Apparently 92 former world leaders have formed a group to support this idea, including Brown, Blair and Major.

Ffs thought we were in enough trouble!! Perhaps Brown could get our gold back

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 08 Apr 20 5.11pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Thanks for the lecture, professor. I shall remember your quote

Quote? I have quoted nobody. Professor should have a capital P in this instance.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Get well boris thread