You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Testing kits
July 13 2020 9.37pm

Testing kits

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

 

View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 15 Apr 20 11.27am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

A croydon pharmacist has been arrested for 'allegedly' selling testing kits with false claims about their effectiveness. A surveyor was also arrested with 250 kits in his car which he claimed were to let construction workers test themselves.
Pond life.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 15 Apr 20 11.30am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

A croydon pharmacist has been arrested for 'allegedly' selling testing kits with false claims about their effectiveness. A surveyor was also arrested with 250 kits in his car which he claimed were to let construction workers test themselves.
Pond life.

Well, you can buy testing online and it's fully above board. You simply send in the swab.

The issue is why bother when it takes 3 days to get the answer, so you don't save much time as against self-isolation.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 15 Apr 20 1.24pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Well, you can buy testing online and it's fully above board. You simply send in the swab.

The issue is why bother when it takes 3 days to get the answer, so you don't save much time as against self-isolation.

Do you have the link? Wondered whos exactly doing it and cost.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Online Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 15 Apr 20 2.09pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

3 for a fiver mister. Good kit.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Harpo's Profile Harpo Flag Oxfordshire 15 Apr 20 3.32pm Send a Private Message to Harpo Add Harpo as a friend

The reason for the dearth of kits is because they are made by Airfix.

And all the toyshops are closed.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 15 Apr 20 4.14pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Do you have the link? Wondered whos exactly doing it and cost.

Drumming my fingers on the table at this point!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Online Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 15 Apr 20 4.28pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Do you have the link? Wondered whos exactly doing it and cost.

Here's one of several places:

[Link]

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 15 Apr 20 4.38pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Here's one of several places:

[Link]

400.

So sick it makes you cough up....Sorry, I mean laugh.

Edited by Stirlingsays (15 Apr 2020 4.40pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 15 Apr 20 10.49pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Drumming my fingers on the table at this point!

I do have a life you know. If I can be bothered Ill find one tomorrow. I think it was something like 250 plus VAT

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Henry of Peckham's Profile Henry of Peckham Flag Eton Mess 16 Apr 20 7.59am Send a Private Message to Henry of Peckham Add Henry of Peckham as a friend

Originally posted by Harpo

The reason for the dearth of kits is because they are made by Airfix.

And all the toyshops are closed.

... but have no doubt they'll be 'made in China'

 


Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View davenotamonkey's Profile davenotamonkey Flag 16 Apr 20 12.01pm Send a Private Message to davenotamonkey Add davenotamonkey as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Here's one of several places:

[Link]

Assuming that site is legit, and just my personal opinion, of course...

Better off waiting until you're symptom-free, then getting this. It's cheaper, and can determine if you've already had it.

[Link]

The test for actually having it? With a 3-ish day turnaround? What's the point at some level. Good chance you'll be over it within 50% of that time.

That said, a real bummer if you take the test and then it returns negative.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 16 Apr 20 12.19pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by davenotamonkey

Assuming that site is legit, and just my personal opinion, of course...

Better off waiting until you're symptom-free, then getting this. It's cheaper, and can determine if you've already had it.

[Link]

The test for actually having it? With a 3-ish day turnaround? What's the point at some level. Good chance you'll be over it within 50% of that time.

That said, a real bummer if you take the test and then it returns negative.

Good point about the first test. I thought there is an issue with the accuracy of the test for those who have had the illness?

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Testing kits