You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Great comedy sketches
August 6 2020 2.10am

Great comedy sketches

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 3 « First< 1 2 3

 

View ex hibitionist's Profile ex hibitionist Flag Hastings 08 May 20 1.56pm Send a Private Message to ex hibitionist Add ex hibitionist as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Monty Python is an odd one in that there are no hidden gems. All the well known bits are all there is. It’s difficult with that sort of humour to see why some works and some doesn’t. Reeves and Mortimer have experienced this as well.

Ken Clean air System

John Cleese as film critic Gavin Millarrrrrrrr

John Cleese as a nature presenter referring to penguins as b******s (can't find this hidden gem)

the old pete and duds they show from the mid 60s are dated, they wiped most of the good stuff from the late 60s and early 70s, not every body likes derek and clive, there's plenty of waffle, but unless you've hear 'Ross McPharter' or 'Up Joan Crawford's c*nt' all opinions are premature.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 08 May 20 3.09pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by ex hibitionist

Ken Clean air System

John Cleese as film critic Gavin Millarrrrrrrr

John Cleese as a nature presenter referring to penguins as b******s (can't find this hidden gem)

the old pete and duds they show from the mid 60s are dated, they wiped most of the good stuff from the late 60s and early 70s, not every body likes derek and clive, there's plenty of waffle, but unless you've hear 'Ross McPharter' or 'Up Joan Crawford's c*nt' all opinions are premature.

Sure there may be personal favourites but I still think the well known parts are all there is. Personally I like Derek & Clive although the third one was the weakest and the film they made Derek & Clive Get the Horn is quite uncomfortable to watch for instances of Cook’s bullying and the fact they just didn’t want to do it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sitdownstandup's Profile sitdownstandup Flag 08 May 20 5.04pm Send a Private Message to sitdownstandup Add sitdownstandup as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Not a comedy sketch but this Sunday 10.20pm on ITV is Mike Basset.

If you've never seen it you are in for a treat, supposedly based on Graham Taylor it reminds me more of Big Sam. Great moment when a drunk Mike Basset is dancing on the tables in his underpants, not a pretty sight. Pele walks in with a journalist talking about the beautiful games takes one look and say "the English" and quickly steers her out the door.

Love this movie.


Thought it was a great movie too. I loved the half time rant that was almost all completely bleeped out and when he announced the team for a game off the back of a packet of cigs. Yeah, great movie that one.


Edited by sitdownstandup (08 May 2020 5.05pm)

 


I never use a napkin on my lap at a restaurant... because I believe in myself.

Hannibal Burress

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 08 May 20 7.16pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by YT

Ah, but they aren't sketches....

If your up ad down to the fridge like me they are

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 08 May 20 7.19pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by sitdownstandup


Thought it was a great movie too. I loved the half time rant that was almost all completely bleeped out and when he announced the team for a game off the back of a packet of cigs. Yeah, great movie that one.


Edited by sitdownstandup (08 May 2020 5.05pm)

Sorry I it is Sunday 17th May.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View johnno42000's Profile johnno42000 Flag 10 May 20 9.22am Send a Private Message to johnno42000 Add johnno42000 as a friend

I liked Rowan Atkinsons Headmaster/taking the register sketch from the Secret Policemans Ball.

I liked some of Harry Enfields stuff. Charles Charlie Charles, the parody of Pathe News clips..Women Know Your Place, the Scousers etc.

The Fast Show was funny as well.

 


'Lies to the masses as are like fly's to mollasses...they want more and more and more'

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 10 May 20 9.37am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by johnno42000

I liked Rowan Atkinsons Headmaster/taking the register sketch from the Secret Policemans Ball.

I liked some of Harry Enfields stuff. Charles Charlie Charles, the parody of Pathe News clips..Women Know Your Place, the Scousers etc.

The Fast Show was funny as well.

His father of the bride speech is a classic I don't remember the names but it goes something like this.

Rowan (Drunk) "John is a fine man with a brilliant career ahead of him, so why the hell she is marrying Roger I don't know".

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pete53's Profile Pete53 Flag Hassocks 10 May 20 2.55pm Send a Private Message to Pete53 Add Pete53 as a friend

[Link]

Still very funny. I quite often find myself sympathising with Basil Fawltey.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 10 May 20 5.20pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cantrbury eagle's Profile cantrbury eagle Flag Canterbury 12 May 20 10.25pm Send a Private Message to cantrbury eagle Add cantrbury eagle as a friend

Not the 9 oclock sketch with Gerald the gorilla wild i was livid.

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View fromtherope's Profile fromtherope Flag Deepest Surrey 13 May 20 11.45am Send a Private Message to fromtherope Add fromtherope as a friend

One that is apposite of today's political class

Not the Nine O'clock News Dead Politician Sketch

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 3 « First< 1 2 3

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Great comedy sketches