You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Sakho Thread
July 10 2020 7.15am

The Sakho Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View brides's Profile brides Flag Arnside . South lakes 30 May 20 12.23pm Send a Private Message to brides Add brides as a friend

According to French news outlet L’Equipe, Olympique Lyonnais are negotiating a deal to land Crystal Palace defender Mamadou Sakho. The French club wants Sakho for ‘under €10 million’ but Palace are expecting the deal to go higher.

The deal is in advanced stages according to French media and it could become the first major transfer deal of the summer in France.

The reports have suggested that Lyon have dealt the matter with ‘utmost secrecy’. This was probably done by the club so that the transfer leaks do not hinder in negotiating a good deal for either of the clubs.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 30 May 20 3.12pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by brides

According to French news outlet L’Equipe, Olympique Lyonnais are negotiating a deal to land Crystal Palace defender Mamadou Sakho. The French club wants Sakho for ‘under €10 million’ but Palace are expecting the deal to go higher.

The deal is in advanced stages according to French media and it could become the first major transfer deal of the summer in France.

The reports have suggested that Lyon have dealt the matter with ‘utmost secrecy’. This was probably done by the club so that the transfer leaks do not hinder in negotiating a good deal for either of the clubs.

I love Mama but with his injury record I do not think he is giving value for money and to get his wages off the bill would be a good move. Bearing in mind he could leave for nothing next year, anything around £10m would be good. Don’t get me wrong with his passing ability imo we always look a better team with him in it but those times are few and far between now. We have good cover at CB and may even invest in younger cheaper option

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kennybrowns leftfoot's Profile kennybrowns leftfoot Flag Moved Again.. Banstead now Darling... 30 May 20 4.32pm Send a Private Message to kennybrowns leftfoot Add kennybrowns leftfoot as a friend

The guy is quality no doubt. He bought a touch of class to our defence that let's face it we had never seen at Palace before.

However I wouldnt be sorry to see him go. He's on huge wages and has a terrible injury record. He never really seems to play more than 7 or 8 games in a row without either getting injured or suspended.

I think it would suit all parties.

 


Don't waste your time with jealousy. Sometimes your ahead, sometimes your behind, the race is long. But in the end it's only with yourself!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 30 May 20 5.02pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by kennybrowns leftfoot

The guy is quality no doubt. He bought a touch of class to our defence that let's face it we had never seen at Palace before.

However I wouldnt be sorry to see him go. He's on huge wages and has a terrible injury record. He never really seems to play more than 7 or 8 games in a row without either getting injured or suspended.

I think it would suit all parties.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Especially now we got Cahill.

 


Is joining the 'Grumpy Old Gits' Club

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 30 May 20 5.51pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

I love Mama but with his injury record I do not think he is giving value for money and to get his wages off the bill would be a good move. Bearing in mind he could leave for nothing next year, anything around £10m would be good. Don’t get me wrong with his passing ability imo we always look a better team with him in it but those times are few and far between now. We have good cover at CB and may even invest in younger cheaper option

I endorse these sentiments but would add that all four are in their 30s, with two of them 32 and 34 so in the twilight of their careers.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 30 May 20 6.24pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

I endorse these sentiments but would add that all four are in their 30s, with two of them 32 and 34 so in the twilight of their careers.

True but hopefully a few more years between them

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 30 May 20 6.28pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

True but hopefully a few more years between them

It is possible that all the quartet might not be at the club next season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 30 May 20 7.35pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

It is possible that all the quartet might not be at the club next season.

Not sure, Cahill, Tomkins, Kelly, Dann (just signed new deal) and of course Kouyate is very good cover

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 31 May 20 7.26am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Not sure, Cahill, Tomkins, Kelly, Dann (just signed new deal) and of course Kouyate is very good cover

Time for Jach to step up to the plate.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ex hibitionist's Profile ex hibitionist Flag Hastings 31 May 20 11.08am Send a Private Message to ex hibitionist Add ex hibitionist as a friend

Yeugghhkk to Jach!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 31 May 20 11.17am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

I know you have to take speculation with a pinch of salt but I think this sounds true. Given the size of his wages I think Parish may see better value elsewhere. Also, would it be true to say Ligue 1 is less physical than the PL? If it is then Sakho might see it reducing the recurrence of injuries (possibly).

I've loved having him here but at his age and with his injuries I think it's time to say goodbye if we get a decent offer. Roy gets clean sheets through organisation than necessarily individual defensive brilliance, so I'm confident we could replace him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 31 May 20 1.06pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Come the final reckoning, it would be interesting to know (not that we ever shall) how much he has cost the club per match played.

A tidy sum, I'll wager.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Sakho Thread