You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Sean Dyche
September 28 2020 6.28am

Sean Dyche

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View leejaneagles's Profile leejaneagles Flag 26 Jun 20 12.04pm Send a Private Message to leejaneagles Add leejaneagles as a friend

Dougie out and Roy in would be the dream for me.

This isn't the usual Club getting too big for it's britches and sacking a successful Manager, it is just about Roy's age. Otherwise he'd be here for 10 years if he wanted.

The ideal in Parish's eyes is clearly get another year from Roy whilst Dyche sits on his hands but as we're not Real Madrid, I don't think Dyche will be gagging for Palace.

My only concern is, if he is leaving Burnley to better his career and annoyed with the Board for not backing him, I can see us having another Allardyce on our hands.

Parish promises him the World, 'oh come away from those mean Burnley Director's and come and have a huge transfer kitty'. Then Dyche realises even if he sells a right-back for 55mil, he never sees a penny of it and it's all ring-fenced in a 'Stadium' that's actually the pockets of American investors.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 26 Jun 20 4.55pm Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

Sorry if I gave any other impression: 4 years of staying up cheaply and pragmatically under Dyche would be an absolutely dream scenario.

Whatever anyone else has done, it's vital we have an ultimate goal of playing positive, attacking football. We must never permanently accept a role of being fodder for better, richer sides.

 


If you want to live in a world full of kindness, respect and love, try to show these qualities.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 26 Jun 20 5.02pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

The fact remains that Hodgson has signed a new contract until the end of season 2020-21, so even if Dyche departs Burnley at the end of this season after over 7 years at the club, he won't be joining us.

Edited by Willo (26 Jun 2020 5.02pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rikz's Profile rikz Flag Croydon 26 Jun 20 5.09pm Send a Private Message to rikz Add rikz as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

The fact remains that Hodgson has signed a new contract until the end of season 2020-21, so even if Dyche departs Burnley at the end of this season after over 7 years at the club, he won't be joining us.

Edited by Willo (26 Jun 2020 5.02pm)

Because contracts have ever made a difference in football. If the board want Dyche they will just pay Hodgson off

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag bristol 26 Jun 20 5.35pm Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Quite. I know a bloke who owned a football club. Got more money selling managers than players...

Then again, who will buy Roy?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View grumpymort's Profile grumpymort Flag 26 Jun 20 5.54pm Send a Private Message to grumpymort Add grumpymort as a friend

Originally posted by leejaneagles

Dougie out and Roy in would be the dream for me.

This isn't the usual Club getting too big for it's britches and sacking a successful Manager, it is just about Roy's age. Otherwise he'd be here for 10 years if he wanted.

The ideal in Parish's eyes is clearly get another year from Roy whilst Dyche sits on his hands but as we're not Real Madrid, I don't think Dyche will be gagging for Palace.

My only concern is, if he is leaving Burnley to better his career and annoyed with the Board for not backing him, I can see us having another Allardyce on our hands.

Parish promises him the World, 'oh come away from those mean Burnley Director's and come and have a huge transfer kitty'. Then Dyche realises even if he sells a right-back for 55mil, he never sees a penny of it and it's all ring-fenced in a 'Stadium' that's actually the pockets of American investors.


Terrible idea for a start Roy has no interest in anything regarding transfers well that is the main role Dougie is dealing with.

Next it requires you to travel I don't see Roy doing that.

I can't see Roy willing to step aside as manager he clearly still wants to do that job.

The rest I kind of agree with you on not really many managers would put up with what goes on at Palace unless they are lower class or new to the league.

Why would Dyche want to go to Palace I really can't see the appeal.


DOn't blame the Americans they pumped money in and got no return SP is the one who sold them on stadium as well as other things which never happened plus he hasn't put anything just taking out with his sub companies so what do you expect they came in as investors leaving with no gains.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 26 Jun 20 6.01pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by rikz

Because contracts have ever made a difference in football. If the board want Dyche they will just pay Hodgson off

I cannot envisage our club instigating Hodgson's departure.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 26 Jun 20 9.21pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

I cannot envisage our club instigating Hodgson's departure.


Why was Roy only given a one year extension? Was it because he is not sure how much longer he can go on for or is the board concerned about his longevity? Either way, if the board see Dyche as a longer term option and he wants to come, I would not be surprised if they ask Roy to step down at the end of the season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View nead1's Profile nead1 Flag 26 Jun 20 9.48pm Send a Private Message to nead1 Add nead1 as a friend

I agree with Willo. I would be amazed if Palace instigated a departure for Roy especially given he has just signed a new contract. Remember, he needed to be convinced that funds would be made available to strengthen before he signed. Maybe its just possible that Dyche will take a year out - as some other managers have done - and then agree to join in the summer of 21? As others have said, Roy has been more than prepared to get on with what he has and make the best of it. I somehow doubt Dyche is from the same mould and might find the involvement of a Sporting Director not to his taste. It would never surprise me if the next Palace manager is Dougie Freedman.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Cucking Funt's Profile Cucking Funt Flag Elm Guest House 26 Jun 20 10.08pm Send a Private Message to Cucking Funt Add Cucking Funt as a friend

Originally posted by AERO

For me as next manager Eddie Howe second choice Dyche. Roy upstairs.

Jesus, no.

 


Wife beating may be socially acceptable in Sheffield, but it is a different matter in Cheltenham

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 26 Jun 20 10.26pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by silvertop

Quite. I know a bloke who owned a football club. Got more money selling managers than players...

Then again, who will buy Roy?

Interesting.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View thechaddyboy's Profile thechaddyboy Flag Peterborough 26 Jun 20 11.13pm Send a Private Message to thechaddyboy Add thechaddyboy as a friend

If the board have a genuine interest in Dyche I doubt Roy's contract will get in the way, he'll be paid off if there's a chance we could otherwise miss out.

 


Red & Blue since 73'

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Sean Dyche