You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > I'm worried
September 23 2020 10.49pm

I'm worried

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 2 ę First< 1 2

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 06 Jul 20 10.30pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

I read an article someone put on another forum explaining how clubs of our stature effectively run out of money after about seven or eight years in the Premier League and end up with ageing squads as result like Stoke and West Brom. It explained the rationale and short term financial decisions that lead to it.

Apart from the so called big six and Everton, only West Ham and Southampton who both got promotion in 2012 have been in the current premier league longer than us so I think we're reaching that point.

As pointed out above Wigan also went down after about eight years I think Sunderland were in it a similar amount of time.

We got to bring in the Lambeth/Southwark/Croydon yoot in and some excellent coaches.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 06 Jul 20 10.37pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

We got to bring in the Lambeth/Southwark/Croydon yoot in and some excellent coaches.

A big catchment area in terms of footballing pedigree but not lost on the bigger clubs like Chelsea who farm it sadly.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 06 Jul 20 10.58pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

A big catchment area in terms of footballing pedigree but not lost on the bigger clubs like Chelsea who farm it sadly.

Yeah. that"s true,got to employ a better pr person to push the message of getting a chance to play i guess, not easy with their $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, or Russian rubles.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Online Flag CR3 06 Jul 20 11.14pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

The 8 year itch

Iíve got some vanishing cream for that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View essetwentyone's Profile essetwentyone Flag london 07 Jul 20 6.15am Send a Private Message to essetwentyone Add essetwentyone as a friend

If the government maintains itís behind closed doors ruling then Sky will lose customers which will then see renegotiated terms with the PL which will in turn lead to financial problems for many clubs including us. IMO the VAR stupidity plus the interference from BLM will turn off many fans thus creating more problems for Sky and the PL.
For us the prospect of another season of boring football under Roy will turn fans off as well.
I too am worried !

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Online Flag CR3 07 Jul 20 9.31am Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by essetwentyone

If the government maintains itís behind closed doors ruling then Sky will lose customers which will then see renegotiated terms with the PL which will in turn lead to financial problems for many clubs including us. IMO the VAR stupidity plus the interference from BLM will turn off many fans thus creating more problems for Sky and the PL.
For us the prospect of another season of boring football under Roy will turn fans off as well.
I too am worried !

Iím not worried. Whatever happens we will still be Crystal Palace. The ones who should be worried are the players. There will come a point if the money disappears out of the game that players contracts will be ripped up and there may be a salary reset across the world. Not a bad thing in my view.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 2 ę First< 1 2

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > I'm worried