You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Are Palace Safe?
August 11 2020 2.50pm

Are Palace Safe?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View scarlet's Profile scarlet Flag NZ 07 Jul 20 8.16pm Send a Private Message to scarlet Add scarlet as a friend

All in all it's been a great season so far. Yes, we still need a world class striker but who doesn't. The manager's age. Bentekes lack of goals, talk of getting a grafter manager and not a top flight one, promotion of youth? - are all good debating topics, But a little devil on my shoulder is still saying we are not mathematically safe ,,,,

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 07 Jul 20 8.41pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

To answer the question. Yes.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ian-VI's Profile Ian-VI Flag Vicenza 08 Jul 20 6.59am Send a Private Message to Ian-VI Add Ian-VI as a friend

Again???

 


The best footie management game: [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Buckspalace's Profile Buckspalace Flag Thornborough 08 Jul 20 8.10am Send a Private Message to Buckspalace Add Buckspalace as a friend

As houses, this season anyway.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cpj's Profile cpj Flag Kent 08 Jul 20 9.41am Send a Private Message to cpj Add cpj as a friend

Not mathematically - we still need 1 point or for Villa and Bournemouth to drop another. If they both won their last 5 (very unlikely but remember Oldham in 92 or 93 I think) and we lost our lost 4 we'd all be on 42.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 08 Jul 20 10.57am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

it's not just about Villa and Bournemouth. include both West Ham and Watford. Why? because of the following fixtures where both teams CAN'T get maximum points:

West Ham v Watford (17 Jul)
West Ham v Villa (26 Jul)

Also (and I well remember Oldham) Can't see the bottom clubs getting maximum points with the following clutch of fixtures:

Bournemouth v Spurs
Villa v Man U (both tomorrow)

Bournemouth v Leicester (12 Jul)
Man C v Bournemouth (15 Jul)
Watford Man C (21 Jul)
Villa v Arsenal (21 Jul)
Man u v West Ham (22 Jul)
Arsenal v Watford (26 Jul)

Bear in mind also that in their last 6 games (18 between them), Watford, Villa and Bournemouth have managed a solitary victory (Watford's over Norwich last night) and four draws.

In short YES we ARE safe.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BelfastEagle's Profile BelfastEagle Flag 08 Jul 20 11.13am Send a Private Message to BelfastEagle Add BelfastEagle as a friend

Mathematically no.

And remember we are the only team in the history of the premier league to be relegated who were not in the bottom 3 at the start of the last game of season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 08 Jul 20 11.46am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by doombear

it's not just about Villa and Bournemouth. include both West Ham and Watford. Why? because of the following fixtures where both teams CAN'T get maximum points:

West Ham v Watford (17 Jul)
West Ham v Villa (26 Jul)

Also (and I well remember Oldham) Can't see the bottom clubs getting maximum points with the following clutch of fixtures:

Bournemouth v Spurs
Villa v Man U (both tomorrow)

Bournemouth v Leicester (12 Jul)
Man C v Bournemouth (15 Jul)
Watford Man C (21 Jul)
Villa v Arsenal (21 Jul)
Man u v West Ham (22 Jul)
Arsenal v Watford (26 Jul)

Bear in mind also that in their last 6 games (18 between them), Watford, Villa and Bournemouth have managed a solitary victory (Watford's over Norwich last night) and four draws.

In short YES we ARE safe.

The bottom 3 now will be relegated.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View glaziermart's Profile glaziermart Flag 08 Jul 20 4.36pm Send a Private Message to glaziermart Add glaziermart as a friend

Originally posted by cpj

Not mathematically - we still need 1 point or for Villa and Bournemouth to drop another. If they both won their last 5 (very unlikely but remember Oldham in 92 or 93 I think) and we lost our lost 4 we'd all be on 42.


There are some real proper idiots on here!! they keep saying remember Oldham!! that was totally different. We were the only team above Oldham, and there were 3 games left, but both teams had similar goal difference, in fact Oldham's was better which is why they overhauled us!! But this time we have 5 teams below us, of which 2 of them in the bottom 3 would have to all win their remaining 5 games (unlikely because they have barely won 5 games the entire season!! and they have games against the likes of Man City, Chelsea etc)- PLUS they need to overhaul our vastly superior goal difference of around +10 or +11, and also it would mean that Watford and West ham who are likely to be safe anyway, would have to leap frog us as well. It is utterly ridiculous to think about at least 5 miracles that would have to happen. Honestly who thinks of threads like this!!!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cpj's Profile cpj Flag Kent 08 Jul 20 4.39pm Send a Private Message to cpj Add cpj as a friend

Originally posted by glaziermart


There are some real proper idiots on here!! they keep saying remember Oldham!! that was totally different. We were the only team above Oldham, and there were 3 games left, but both teams had similar goal difference, in fact Oldham's was better which is why they overhauled us!! But this time we have 5 teams below us, of which 2 of them in the bottom 3 would have to all win their remaining 5 games (unlikely because they have barely won 5 games the entire season!! and they have games against the likes of Man City, Chelsea etc)- PLUS they need to overhaul our vastly superior goal difference of around +10 or +11, and also it would mean that Watford and West ham who are likely to be safe anyway, would have to leap frog us as well. It is utterly ridiculous to think about at least 5 miracles that would have to happen. Honestly who thinks of threads like this!!!!

Sorry, but what don't you understand about the term 'mathematically'? We won't go down - but mathematically we could.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Chaslington's Profile Chaslington Flag Croydon, London 08 Jul 20 4.45pm Send a Private Message to Chaslington Add Chaslington as a friend

If West Ham drop points against Burnley tonight then we're mathematically safe. Realistically, we were safe after beating Bournemouth 2-0.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 08 Jul 20 8.06pm Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Anyone who has 34 points or more is safe. None of the bottom 3 are picking up points, it could be the lowest number of points required for a long time. The lowest points tally required was 31 in 2009/10, when Burnley were 18th with 30 points.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Are Palace Safe?