You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Villa v CPFC
October 20 2020 12.28pm

Villa v CPFC

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 27 of 33 < 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 12 Jul 20 6.57pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Putitout

I don’t think the club would benefit from a European place. It would put to much pressure on the finances . And our limited squad would be knackered well before Christmas. Having said that we didn’t need to lose the games we are doing to avoid it. The potential is still there, the Chelsea game showed that but outside of Liverpool, the other poor performances were against teams that didn’t have much themselves and pride should have produced at least 6 more points before the end of season. Playing as we are it will be nothing. And that can’t be thought OK.

Totally agree, europa league is a recipe for relegation, unless we have a Leicester type season and get in the big one i say fcuk europe!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NI_palace_fan's Profile NI_palace_fan Flag Newtownards 12 Jul 20 6.57pm Send a Private Message to NI_palace_fan Add NI_palace_fan as a friend

Ok it's been a couple hours since the game ended why is roy still in charge??

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View hayling eagle's Profile hayling eagle Flag 12 Jul 20 6.58pm Send a Private Message to hayling eagle Add hayling eagle as a friend

Originally posted by NI_palace_fan

Ok it's been a couple hours since the game ended why is roy still in charge??

Have no idea. Should have gone by now

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kennybrowns leftfoot's Profile kennybrowns leftfoot Flag Moved Again.. Banstead now Darling... 12 Jul 20 7.00pm Send a Private Message to kennybrowns leftfoot Add kennybrowns leftfoot as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Has that funfair dreamland thing opened yet hailing? whatever its called? Thing is, we are in a better position than villa, Roys done the hard work, i don"t mind losing the last 8 if it means we start september with a win or two, i trust steve and the yanks to purchase a few players in the next few months!

You don't mind losing 8 games in a row??... Wow... Can you come and be my Boss please??.. I'd have a job for life by the sounds of it no matter how s*** I was!!

 


Don't waste your time with jealousy. Sometimes your ahead, sometimes your behind, the race is long. But in the end it's only with yourself!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 12 Jul 20 7.06pm Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

The end of the road for VAR here?

It is not working is it.

Three wrong decisions last Thursday and now this.

No real excuse In the end for how Palace went about this game. The disallowed goal would have effected the game that’s for sure ,how we will never know.
If this is the levels that VAR takes us to the quicker it goes the better.
It was clear to see the ball was virtually touching the players chin when it struck him, going straight in. That must mean as far as VAR is concerned your arm now reaches your neck. How sad is that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 12 Jul 20 7.06pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by kennybrowns leftfoot

You don't mind losing 8 games in a row??... Wow... Can you come and be my Boss please??.. I'd have a job for life by the sounds of it no matter how s*** I was!!

The seasons over kenny, mission accomplished, we are still in the epl, that"s all we can wish for i"m afraid, i for one would have settled for it in August, just because Sir Roy had a great season up to the Bournemouth game finishing, i"m not to bothered to be honest, did want us to spoil our West London neighbours day and we nearly did, but as long as we get off to a flier in September i couldn"t care less, and ive been going for 48 years!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kennybrowns leftfoot's Profile kennybrowns leftfoot Flag Moved Again.. Banstead now Darling... 12 Jul 20 7.21pm Send a Private Message to kennybrowns leftfoot Add kennybrowns leftfoot as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

The seasons over kenny, mission accomplished, we are still in the epl, that"s all we can wish for i"m afraid, i for one would have settled for it in August, just because Sir Roy had a great season up to the Bournemouth game finishing, i"m not to bothered to be honest, did want us to spoil our West London neighbours day and we nearly did, but as long as we get off to a flier in September i couldn"t care less, and ive been going for 48 years!

I do get what you're saying to a degree... I don't think anyone can argue, no matter how it ends with RH what a great job he's done.. That goes without saying...

I think a lot of it now depends on what the individual fan wants... I have now got to a stage where I can't bear to watch this 'football' much longer..
I genuinely feel that RH has taken us as far as he can... Do we want to tread water and eventually drown?... Or do we want to try and push on a bit and establish ourselves as a top 10 side??

And before anyone complains we don't have the funds etc for that just look at Burnley.

I feel like any type of creative flair has been sucked our of our squad.. it's the same old game plan and substitutions week in week out... Our home form has been poor for a few seasons now. I for one am sick of sticking 11 men behind the ball at home to teams like Brighton and hoping we hit them on the break.

We may of been safe but it can never ever be acceptable to lose 8 games (and it will be 8 games believe me) in a row when you are a professional team playing at the very top.

 


Don't waste your time with jealousy. Sometimes your ahead, sometimes your behind, the race is long. But in the end it's only with yourself!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elphers40's Profile Elphers40 Flag Northants 12 Jul 20 7.24pm Send a Private Message to Elphers40 Add Elphers40 as a friend

I don’t really think we’re top 6 or that we’re ever likely to be - In fact it would probably come at a cost of league form/status. I would be happy with a cup run and mid table i as long as we’re good to watch. I Iwant us to be viewed by the rest of the league as a dangerous opponent. We have been- but we’re now at a point where we’re are predictable and easy for opponents to plan for and very dull to watch.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 12 Jul 20 7.40pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by kennybrowns leftfoot

I do get what you're saying to a degree... I don't think anyone can argue, no matter how it ends with RH what a great job he's done.. That goes without saying...

I think a lot of it now depends on what the individual fan wants... I have now got to a stage where I can't bear to watch this 'football' much longer..
I genuinely feel that RH has taken us as far as he can... Do we want to tread water and eventually drown?... Or do we want to try and push on a bit and establish ourselves as a top 10 side??

And before anyone complains we don't have the funds etc for that just look at Burnley.

I feel like any type of creative flair has been sucked our of our squad.. it's the same old game plan and substitutions week in week out... Our home form has been poor for a few seasons now. I for one am sick of sticking 11 men behind the ball at home to teams like Brighton and hoping we hit them on the break.

We may of been safe but it can never ever be acceptable to lose 8 games (and it will be 8 games believe me) in a row when you are a professional team playing at the very top.

Fair enough.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 12 Jul 20 7.41pm Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by Putitout

No real excuse In the end for how Palace went about this game. The disallowed goal would have effected the game that’s for sure ,how we will never know.
If this is the levels that VAR takes us to the quicker it goes the better.
It was clear to see the ball was virtually touching the players chin when it struck him, going straight in. That must mean as far as VAR is concerned your arm now reaches your neck. How sad is that.

Greyish would have got a penalty too.

The fact is, one of our holding midfielders gave away a sloppy free kick at the end of the first half. Botha Kouyate and McArthur hadn’t made a successful tackle up to that point, which begs the question, what did they contribute?

We went 1-0 down and then Woy decided to do a like for like defensive midfielder substitution. I’d love to ask him why he felt like that was the best decision?

Our best 15 minutes what when Reideweld and Meyer were on the pitch.

If he stared with a different line up and lost, he could have told his critics they they were wrong. But he tried the same tactics yet again, and we lost, to a team that are pretty s***.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 12 Jul 20 7.42pm Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by Elphers40

I don’t really think we’re top 6 or that we’re ever likely to be - In fact it would probably come at a cost of league form/status. I would be happy with a cup run and mid table i as long as we’re good to watch. I Iwant us to be viewed by the rest of the league as a dangerous opponent. We have been- but we’re now at a point where we’re are predictable and easy for opponents to plan for and very dull to watch.

At the moment we’ll be lucky to be bottom 3.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Kant's Profile Kant Flag exeter 12 Jul 20 7.43pm Send a Private Message to Kant Add Kant as a friend

“And before anyone complains we don't have the funds etc for that just look at Burnley.”

Before you cite Burnley as your template for the mystical ‘next level’ remember that just a few games ago we were level on points with them. We could and should have beaten them when we played. They are not the ‘next level’, they are just another average team treading water. Unless a sugar daddy comes along, that is our level and there Is nothing that RH, SP, you or I can do about it. Survival is the name of the game and we’ve achieved that with games to spare. It’s back to being cannon fodder next season, for us, for Burnley, for all the other average clubs without money to burn. And again the objective will purely be survival. It’s pretty bleak when you really analyse it, but I’d rather be surviving in the premier league than anywhere else.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 27 of 33 < 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Villa v CPFC