You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Zaha Rumours
August 5 2020 4.48pm

Zaha Rumours

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 > Last Ľ

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 16 Jul 20 10.01am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

I see the rumours have already started according to the Beeb's gossip column:

"Everton, Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich are expected to bid for Crystal Palace and Ivory Coast winger Wilfried Zaha this summer, with Newcastle also keen on the 27-year-old. (Mail)"

Fortunately the source is only the Mail and we know what their track record is like!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 16 Jul 20 10.13am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by doombear

I see the rumours have already started according to the Beeb's gossip column:

"Everton, Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich are expected to bid for Crystal Palace and Ivory Coast winger Wilfried Zaha this summer, with Newcastle also keen on the 27-year-old. (Mail)"

Fortunately the source is only the Mail and we know what their track record is like!

Sullying the reputation of my beloved 'Mail' !!!!

I have it on good authority that he has suitors at the clubs mentioned.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Irisheagle87's Profile Irisheagle87 Flag Co.Derry 16 Jul 20 10.17am Send a Private Message to Irisheagle87 Add Irisheagle87 as a friend

I think this is the window he goes. Can't see us getting anywhere near 50 million now. Will be around the 25million mark if even. Question is who will want him who can afford him? If wilf doesn't go this window he never will.

 


THE 17th OF MAY. MY 17th BIRTHDAY. MICHEAL HUGHES SCORES THE WINNING PENALTY, WHAT WAS HIS NUMBER? 17!!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Sportyteacher's Profile Sportyteacher Flag London 16 Jul 20 10.37am Send a Private Message to Sportyteacher Add Sportyteacher as a friend

Originally posted by doombear

I see the rumours have already started according to the Beeb's gossip column:

"Everton, Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich are expected to bid for Crystal Palace and Ivory Coast winger Wilfried Zaha this summer, with Newcastle also keen on the 27-year-old. (Mail)"

Fortunately the source is only the Mail and we know what their track record is like!

Ah yes, the best selling national newspaper that also has the dubious honour of being the leading journal with highest number of enforced pay outs for fabricated news.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 16 Jul 20 10.41am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Sullying the reputation of my beloved 'Mail' !!!!

I have it on good authority that he has suitors at the clubs mentioned.


So which of them is in pole position do you think Willo? Also much will depend on where Wilf is on their list of priority signings.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 16 Jul 20 10.44am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by doombear

So which of them is in pole position do you think Willo? Also much will depend on where Wilf is on their list of priority signings.

I wouldn't like to speculate as to where Zaha will eventually depart.Many factors involved.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PatrickA's Profile PatrickA Flag London 16 Jul 20 11.02am Send a Private Message to PatrickA Add PatrickA as a friend

Zaha appointed a new agent Pini Zahavi some months ago supposedly because his former agent wasnít able to deliver a move.
Zahavi has extensive contacts in the game and has a reputation for being able to move on his players.
Zaha has a number of years remaining on his contract but it must be doubtful Palace could get the same amount of money for him as they could have last summer.
Best case scenario may be if we were able to exchange him for player(s) that we want from another club.
There would apparently be a sell on fee due to Man U but itís unclear on how this would operate if a player exchange was involved.
Perhaps a nominal value would be applied to the deal so Man U could get their cut.
In hindsight it may have been better to sell Zaha last summer when there was interest in him and market conditions were more favourable.
However, nobody could have foreseen how poor his form would be this season or the impact of the virus on football economics.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 16 Jul 20 11.50am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

I think he will go this summer, but the sad thing is that he won't be going out on a high. If he'd gone last summer then most of us would have said he earned it and fair enough, but this season he has been very poor by his standards, which he himself has admitted and it looks like he might limp out of the door.

Providing he doesn't go to another PL club then I'll wish him luck and thank him for his great service to the club. Hopefully he gets his chance at a major European club like PSG and we get a big enough fee that we can try and replace him some talent and not a make-shift loan or has been.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 16 Jul 20 12.18pm Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

He obviously employed a new agent to get a move, but a a move to a Champions League side seems unlikely - he seems to have lost a yard of pace, his finishing is erratic, he can't cross, and is far too petulant for his own good. He seems to have lost his mojo at the Palace, so it's time for all concerned that he goes. If he moves to another Premiership club he'll only get the same wind-up treatment from defenders, perhaps a new coach can guide him to new heights.

Edited by southnorwoodhill (16 Jul 2020 12.52pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View slubglurge's Profile slubglurge Flag welling 16 Jul 20 1.35pm Send a Private Message to slubglurge Add slubglurge as a friend

Because he's one of our we love him more but he isn't as good as we think he is. He wouldn't even get into Southamptons team who have a far better player than him in Redmond

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 16 Jul 20 1.42pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by slubglurge

Because he's one of our we love him more but he isn't as good as we think he is. He wouldn't even get into Southamptons team who have a far better player than him in Redmond

If he goes, in his absence we may well have opportunity to revisit that evaluation. Especially if Roy is slow to bring in fresh talent.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 16 Jul 20 2.01pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

I think he will go this summer, but the sad thing is that he won't be going out on a high. If he'd gone last summer then most of us would have said he earned it and fair enough, but this season he has been very poor by his standards, which he himself has admitted and it looks like he might limp out of the door.

Providing he doesn't go to another PL club then I'll wish him luck and thank him for his great service to the club. Hopefully he gets his chance at a major European club like PSG and we get a big enough fee that we can try and replace him some talent and not a make-shift loan or has been.


It would be encouraging if the money received was used for that purpose but I imagine our American investors will have a use for their share stateside.

Edited by doombear (16 Jul 2020 2.02pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 > Last Ľ

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Zaha Rumours