You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Player of the year
September 30 2020 4.16am

Player of the year

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 22 Jul 20 9.15pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by BM

Absolutely. Hes no better than Tomkins, Sakho or Dann and his passing is bang average. Hes been a good freebie but the idea that hes been outstanding is just a myth that loads of people have fallen for.

This is a joke right?

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 22 Jul 20 9.40pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

This is a joke right?

Unfortunately I do not think it is, bizarre

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 22 Jul 20 9.42pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by BM

Absolutely. Hes no better than Tomkins, Sakho or Dann and his passing is bang average. Hes been a good freebie but the idea that hes been outstanding is just a myth that loads of people have fallen for.

Not my POTY but he has been excellent. To say he is no better than the other 3 is in my opinion, staggering but you are entitled to your opinion

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rawpalace05's Profile rawpalace05 Flag Saltdean 22 Jul 20 10.06pm Send a Private Message to rawpalace05 Add rawpalace05 as a friend

Originally posted by Plaistow Eagle

Cahill by a country mile, then Guaita- without them 2 we would have gone down this year..!!

Then possibly Ayew 3rd.

The rest of them have had an entirely forgettable, underwhelming and underperforming season IMO.

For me much as I love him - Wilf has had hes worst season for us - shown glimpses e.g. goal against Chelsea but just no consistency and thats what will always hold him back.

But at least we are still in the Prem - lets see what the window and next season brings..!!

COYP

Jimmy Mac and PVA have also been excellent. I'd say its a dead heat between VG, GC and JA for the top 3. Scott Dann has also shown that he was very unlucky to have made it out of sorts back when he was injured and JT came in. Always been class IMO and a comfortable stand in for GC - he's been great

Edited by rawpalace05 (22 Jul 2020 10.07pm)

 


1/6/2010.a new era.we made it everyone!!!lets get the ball rolling for another 105 years of proud history.thank you cpfc2010.

palace forever.eeaaaaaaaaaaaaaggglless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 22 Jul 20 10.17pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Being asked to vote for the POTY after SEVEN straight defeats is somewhat galling but I shall put the post lockdown blues aside and remember that prior to it we reached safety and the three players mainly responsible for that imo were Guaita, Cahill and Ayew. Trying to choose between them is difficult but I'll plump for Guaita.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BM's Profile BM Flag 22 Jul 20 10.19pm Send a Private Message to BM Add BM as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

This is a joke right?

Its not his fault but Cahill is grossly overrated by most fans. We have an excellent pool of 4-5 CBs and he is one of them but hes not the best by any means. Id put him behind Tonks, Sakho and Dann.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 23 Jul 20 8.13am Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by BM

Cahill has done okay but the love he gets is mystifying.

He's certainly a player we didn't need to sign.

With Sakho, Tompkins, Dann, Kelly, and Kayoute all able to play centre back, I think investment would have been much better spent elsewhere.

Guiata for me. Might have made a couple of mistakes but also won games for us.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kev64's Profile kev64 Flag Thorney, Cambs 23 Jul 20 8.39am Send a Private Message to kev64 Add kev64 as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

He's certainly a player we didn't need to sign.

With Sakho, Tompkins, Dann, Kelly, and Kayoute all able to play centre back, I think investment would have been much better spent elsewhere.

Guiata for me. Might have made a couple of mistakes but also won games for us.

Seriously, Sakho sick note 3/10 Tompkins 8/10 injured, Dann 7/10 slowing down, Kelly ok back up guy 6/10.

Cahill is a class act, he may be on a big wage a got a nice sign on fee but he was ever present from day one until a week or so ago and he has not cost us the 40 odd mill weve poured down the drain on Sakho, who now hes out again we have no chance of off loading .

Along with Tekkers, SP waved goodbye to 80 mill on these frauds over the last few years. With zero re sale values.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 23 Jul 20 8.49am Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by kev64

Seriously, Sakho sick note 3/10 Tompkins 8/10 injured, Dann 7/10 slowing down, Kelly ok back up guy 6/10.

Cahill is a class act, he may be on a big wage a got a nice sign on fee but he was ever present from day one until a week or so ago and he has not cost us the 40 odd mill weve poured down the drain on Sakho, who now hes out again we have no chance of off loading .

Along with Tekkers, SP waved goodbye to 80 mill on these frauds over the last few years. With zero re sale values.

Absolutely. People complain about the wage bill, aging squad, and lack of a right back or striker.

What does the manager to, bring in a two players into positions where we both have ample cover.

He's been great, but I would have prefered the money spent on his wages to have been spent elsewhere.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace chick's Profile palace chick Flag South Croydon 23 Jul 20 8.55am Send a Private Message to palace chick Add palace chick as a friend

I can only vote before lockdown and 1st half v Bournemouth otherwise its been truly awful and no one comes out unscathed with recent performances. Before lockdown its Cahill for me - class act!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 23 Jul 20 9.00am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by palace chick

I can only vote before lockdown and 1st half v Bournemouth otherwise its been truly awful and no one comes out unscathed with recent performances. Before lockdown its Cahill for me - class act!

I think you have hit the nail on the head. Never mind Player of the season it should be "Pre lockdown Most Valuable Player".

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MikeCrete's Profile MikeCrete Flag Cheam/Crete 23 Jul 20 9.11am Send a Private Message to MikeCrete Add MikeCrete as a friend

Guaita easily, then Ayew. Jimmy Mac & PVA joint third

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Player of the year