You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace v Spurs
August 3 2020 6.35pm

Palace v Spurs

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 11 of 12 < 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Irisheagle87's Profile Irisheagle87 Flag Co.Derry 26 Jul 20 9.15pm Send a Private Message to Irisheagle87 Add Irisheagle87 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

In his last 2 seasons at Fulham they scored 39 goals in each season so like us they were hardly awash with goals.

He did however take them up to 7th in the PL and to the Europa League final when they lost 2-1 to Atletico Madrid after extra time.

Yeah! He's no mug!

 


THE 17th OF MAY. MY 17th BIRTHDAY. MICHEAL HUGHES SCORES THE WINNING PENALTY, WHAT WAS HIS NUMBER? 17!!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 26 Jul 20 9.29pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Tickled pink

He steadied Fulham away from relegation the season before and then they finished 7th, Fulham are in the same boat as us in football ability terms and we are both clubs that cannot really afford to be flamboyant on the pitch in regards to gaining enough points for safety in this league, sadly today it sounds like the team played solidly in defence for once something they haven't been able to do since losing unluckily to Burnley, some lovely crossing today just wish we had a young Glen Murray type to bang them in, we would've beaten Spurs and many more this season with a fully aware striker ..cannot blame our manager for the sake of someone not able to be there to bang them in can we? Our cause of awful boring games has been purely down to failing to score when it would have been easier to do so, confidence is then slowly removed.


Spot on. If Kane had been playing for us today against that Spurs defence he would have had a hat-trick (at least). Indeed, any half-decent striker would have had a field day with the balls we were putting into the box today.
What baffles me is why we wait until Benteke is banned and we have no replacement no. 9 (Ayew's too small to be a proper CF) before we ping crosses in.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 26 Jul 20 10.04pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


Spot on. If Kane had been playing for us today against that Spurs defence he would have had a hat-trick (at least). Indeed, any half-decent striker would have had a field day with the balls we were putting into the box today.
What baffles me is why we wait until Benteke is banned and we have no replacement no. 9 (Ayew's too small to be a proper CF) before we ping crosses in.

That has also baffled me as well all season, especially as Bentekeís best trait is heading. People have blamed Roy for lack of crosses but I think the players need to take the blame for that, as I can never imagine a situation where Roy would stop wingers crossing a ball to Benteke. Maybe Bentekeís lack of movement stops them crossing it to him?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View esox lucius's Profile esox lucius Flag 26 Jul 20 10.07pm Send a Private Message to esox lucius Add esox lucius as a friend

Apparently we are the first side in premiership history to not score more than twice in any game and not be relegated

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View robdave2k's Profile robdave2k Flag Corby 26 Jul 20 10.08pm Send a Private Message to robdave2k Add robdave2k as a friend

Originally posted by Tickled pink

He steadied Fulham away from relegation the season before and then they finished 7th, Fulham are in the same boat as us in football ability terms and we are both clubs that cannot really afford to be flamboyant on the pitch in regards to gaining enough points for safety in this league, sadly today it sounds like the team played solidly in defence for once something they haven't been able to do since losing unluckily to Burnley, some lovely crossing today just wish we had a young Glen Murray type to bang them in, we would've beaten Spurs and many more this season with a fully aware striker ..cannot blame our manager for the sake of someone not able to be there to bang them in can we? Our cause of awful boring games has been purely down to failing to score when it would have been easier to do so, confidence is then slowly removed.

Except when we play a striker who thrives on crosses, we donít play two wingers or cross the ball.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 26 Jul 20 10.13pm Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

We could have moved above Newcastle with a win

People keep banging on about how important each position is. There was £2m sat on the table today on what was pretty much a no risk gamble.

Next season, the only premiership side with a smaller stadium than us with by Burnley. Now's the time to really go to get Dyche. Primarily, because I think they will struggle to find a decent replacement. It's going to be tougher than this season and it's now absolutely imperative we get younger players in the team.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 26 Jul 20 10.24pm Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

That has also baffled me as well all season, especially as Bentekeís best trait is heading. People have blamed Roy for lack of crosses but I think the players need to take the blame for that, as I can never imagine a situation where Roy would stop wingers crossing a ball to Benteke. Maybe Bentekeís lack of movement stops them crossing it to him?

If he wanted Townsend to cross, he'd sick him on the left?

Roy's comment about not having a player like Harry Kane is particularly weak. There's only one player like him. Roy's record with goal scorers is pretty poor. And Roy had the chance to use Kane in his team once, there's a story going round about how he wasnt quite used to his strengths.... I wont repeat it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View deetee's Profile deetee Flag 26 Jul 20 10.25pm Send a Private Message to deetee Add deetee as a friend

Any half decent no 9 would have had a hat trick today.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Gribbo's Profile Gribbo Flag Bromley 26 Jul 20 10.34pm Send a Private Message to Gribbo Add Gribbo as a friend

Yep, letís not forget that if Roy had Harry Kane, he would have him taking corners. Time is up for the Hodgesauras.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 26 Jul 20 11.38pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

If he wanted Townsend to cross, he'd sick him on the left?

Roy's comment about not having a player like Harry Kane is particularly weak. There's only one player like him. Roy's record with goal scorers is pretty poor. And Roy had the chance to use Kane in his team once, there's a story going round about how he wasnt quite used to his strengths.... I wont repeat it.

But there was plenty of crosses today and from Townsend on the right so your point is not valid.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 27 Jul 20 12.03am Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

But there was plenty of crosses today and from Townsend on the right so your point is not valid.

To Ayew? An angry sparrow would be a greater aerial threat.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 27 Jul 20 7.00am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

But there was plenty of crosses today and from Townsend on the right so your point is not valid.

On the right with his left foot though. Cutting back most of the time. Same for wilf. I cannot understand wilf on the left and Townsend on the right. Their strong foot should be at the byline if the balls getting crossed. That's how benteke got his goals the other season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 11 of 12 < 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace v Spurs