You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > 25 man squad
September 20 2020 4.45am

25 man squad

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View glaziermart's Profile glaziermart Flag 03 Sep 20 2.09pm Send a Private Message to glaziermart Add glaziermart as a friend

I've just realised the likes of Woods, Dreher, Tavares and Mitchell have turned 21, so are eligible for the 25 man squad. I would say apart from Mitchell, none of the others would get in. But we do actually have around 28 players who are eligible, so there is scope to either loan or sell a few on

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 03 Sep 20 2.40pm Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Mitchell was 21 two days ago so doesn't have to be included as he was under 21 at the beginning of this year (which is the relevant date)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rossboss29's Profile rossboss29 Flag Portsmouth 03 Sep 20 2.49pm Send a Private Message to rossboss29 Add rossboss29 as a friend

On that basis it would mean only Dreher & Woods would need to be registered. Tbh I would imagine they will either be loaned out or play for the under 23s before being released. Hopeful Im wrong as love it when a graduate makes it

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 03 Sep 20 2.55pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by glaziermart

I've just realised the likes of Woods, Dreher, Tavares and Mitchell have turned 21, so are eligible for the 25 man squad. I would say apart from Mitchell, none of the others would get in. But we do actually have around 28 players who are eligible, so there is scope to either loan or sell a few on[/quote]


assuming ALL our injured players will make it off the treatment table! I have real concerns about Cahill and Tomkins. Would like some idea as to when or even if they are likely to make it back.

Can't see us loaning out players until we know the score re the sickies and have a clearer idea of who has joined us. Remember we can do deals with Football league clubs up to middle of October, so no rush.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Beger's Profile The Beger Flag Croydon 11 Sep 20 12.49pm Send a Private Message to The Beger Add The Beger as a friend

According to our official site:

[Link]

We now have 28 first team members (29 with Sorloth)not including Dreher and Tavares. Woods and Mitchell are in.

So who gets excluded when we next have to inform the PL?

 


I am not a bot. No, seriously, I'm not.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 11 Sep 20 1.42pm Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by The Beger

So who gets excluded when we next have to inform the PL?

Jach and Wickham will probably be loaned out and Pierrick is only 19 so doesn't have to be included so that's your 25 although I expect there to be some more movements both in and out

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 11 Sep 20 2.31pm Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by The Beger

According to our official site:

[Link]

We now have 28 first team members (29 with Sorloth)not including Dreher and Tavares. Woods and Mitchell are in.

So who gets excluded when we next have to inform the PL?

Sorloth's picture is quite funny. He looks like a kid from one of those 80s TV adverts.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Frickin Saweet's Profile Frickin Saweet Flag Just outside The Cronx 11 Sep 20 3.00pm Send a Private Message to Frickin Saweet Add Frickin Saweet as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

Sorloth's picture is quite funny. He looks like a kid from one of those 80s TV adverts.

obviously not around for the new season photoshoot. Must feel like a bit of a lost puppy/reject.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View crystal-purley's Profile crystal-purley Flag Purley 11 Sep 20 3.26pm Send a Private Message to crystal-purley Add crystal-purley as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

Jach and Wickham will probably be loaned out and Pierrick is only 19 so doesn't have to be included so that's your 25 although I expect there to be some more movements both in and out

A big improvement on last season when even with three keepers we still didn't make 25. it's looking good but getting an eleven out that group will change the dynamic of the team big time. nervous and hopeful

 


The thing about capitalists is that they eventually run out of cheaper labour and stuff to sell.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 11 Sep 20 3.49pm Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

Here are the players that matter, excluding young ones. I appreciate Mitchell is still a kid. So in a real sense, we could probably get two more in, even if it exposes us for out-bound loans.

To me what the squad needs is energy and exuberance. Hopefully the new boys will help with that.

Keeper:
Guaita
Hennessey

Left back:
Van Aanholt
Mitchell

Right back
Ferguson
Ward

Central defence:
Tomkins
Sakho
Cahill
Kelly
Dann

Central midfield
Kouyate
Meyer
Luka
McCarthy
Mcarthur
Riedewald

Wide forwards
Zaha
Ayew
Schlupp
Townsend


Forwards
Batshuayi
Eze
Benteke

I do think we should covet versatility. It's nice knowing Kouyate can cover so well at Central defence, Schlupp at full back...

Speaking of which, I wonder if Roy might plump for Schlupp at left back tomorrow.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 11 Sep 20 4.08pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Ginger Pubic Wig

Here are the players that matter, excluding young ones. I appreciate Mitchell is still a kid. So in a real sense, we could probably get two more in, even if it exposes us for out-bound loans.

To me what the squad needs is energy and exuberance. Hopefully the new boys will help with that.

Keeper:
Guaita
Hennessey

Left back:
Van Aanholt
Mitchell

Right back
Ferguson
Ward

Central defence:
Tomkins
Sakho
Cahill
Kelly
Dann

Central midfield
Kouyate
Meyer
Luka
McCarthy
Mcarthur
Riedewald

Wide forwards
Zaha
Ayew
Schlupp
Townsend


Forwards
Batshuayi
Eze
Benteke

I do think we should covet versatility. It's nice knowing Kouyate can cover so well at Central defence, Schlupp at full back...

Speaking of which, I wonder if Roy might plump for Schlupp at left back tomorrow.

Left back is an interesting one, I was thinking Riedewald or Mitchell, Schlupp seems very attacking currently.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 11 Sep 20 4.14pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Left back is an interesting one, I was thinking Riedewald or Mitchell, Schlupp seems very attacking currently.


Roy has a dilemma because Jairo has been one of the better players in pre-season so LB may be a way of including him if he insists of having two experienced CDMs (MacArthur plus either Luka or McCarthy). However, that leaves Mitchell wondering what he's done wrong. He's very much on a learning curve. Will be interesting to see what Roy does and it's nice to have this kind of problem.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > 25 man squad