You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Snouts in trough
October 24 2020 1.10am

Snouts in trough

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

 

View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 30 Sep 20 10.16am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

The stuff they can claim on expenses is surprising. Hair dressing, dry cleaning, travel, clothing and then their family are employed as admin workers.

Beers prices are much more reasonable when you go "non-League"

Are self employed also entitled to claim a lot of these expenses and use family members as admin.
The system is proven to be fair if this is the case. Croydon could confirm this as I beleive he is self employed. What you dont or cannot claim must be the same for all.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 30 Sep 20 10.43am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Are self employed also entitled to claim a lot of these expenses and use family members as admin.
The system is proven to be fair if this is the case. Croydon could confirm this as I beleive he is self employed. What you dont or cannot claim must be the same for all.

He may think itís a CON

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 30 Sep 20 11.09am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

He may think itís a CON

I've no doubt about it. He dont like uber though
Bombed his chip shop in th...... oh wrong punchline sorry.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 30 Sep 20 2.29pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by becky

Parliament don't 'vote themselves' pay rises - it's decided by an independent commission how much their increase should be.

[Link]

Lets not give our mp"s a pay rise- lets clap for them instead!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 30 Sep 20 2.36pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Are self employed also entitled to claim a lot of these expenses and use family members as admin.
The system is proven to be fair if this is the case. Croydon could confirm this as I beleive he is self employed. What you dont or cannot claim must be the same for all.

I know you can claim lots of expenses, though working a cab isn"t that good as it"s mainly taxi stuff, new tyres etc, all you really get as a taxi driver is a free car- as you would have had to buy one if you didn"t have your taxi, if you need wheels obvs! But i can add i have worked in parliament in building game and have seen these mp"s in the bar-restaurant, and you realise they have a lot more in common with each other than they do us! With the exception of a few who really believe in their cause, whether on the left or right, the rest are all on the career gravy train and get along great in the bars!Makes you wonder why we get bitchy on here, most mp"s are just earning a great living with expenses thrown in, they don"t take it to seriously, so why should we?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 30 Sep 20 2.58pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

I know you can claim lots of expenses, though working a cab isn"t that good as it"s mainly taxi stuff, new tyres etc, all you really get as a taxi driver is a free car- as you would have had to buy one if you didn"t have your taxi, if you need wheels obvs! But i can add i have worked in parliament in building game and have seen these mp"s in the bar-restaurant, and you realise they have a lot more in common with each other than they do us! With the exception of a few who really believe in their cause, whether on the left or right, the rest are all on the career gravy train and get along great in the bars!Makes you wonder why we get bitchy on here, most mp"s are just earning a great living with expenses thrown in, they don"t take it to seriously, so why should we?

It's a bit grown up though isn't it? In the end you can't agree with everyone on everything but probably can't disagree with anyone on everything either. So you find ways to rub along socially whilst disagreeing politically. Alcohol can help that process.

The bars have always appeared to me to be subsidised which is plain wrong. OK, clubs don't charge what pubs charge but even a working men's/conservative club isn't as cheap as parliament, despite being in a less splendid location to put it mildly.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 30 Sep 20 3.23pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

It's a bit grown up though isn't it? In the end you can't agree with everyone on everything but probably can't disagree with anyone on everything either. So you find ways to rub along socially whilst disagreeing politically. Alcohol can help that process.

The bars have always appeared to me to be subsidised which is plain wrong. OK, clubs don't charge what pubs charge but even a working men's/conservative club isn't as cheap as parliament, despite being in a less splendid location to put it mildly.


Yeah, it"s to easy to put a left and right tag on things, better to look at the individual and judge them alone, otherwise its just them and us,(left and right), and becomes to predictable and boring for all.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View samprior's Profile samprior Flag Hamburg 30 Sep 20 3.47pm Send a Private Message to samprior Add samprior as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Lets not give our mp"s a pay rise- lets clap for them instead!

Haha. Or a two fingered salute every Thursday eve.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 30 Sep 20 3.52pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by samprior

Haha. Or a two fingered salute every Thursday eve.

I admire my MP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View samprior's Profile samprior Flag Hamburg 30 Sep 20 3.56pm Send a Private Message to samprior Add samprior as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

I admire my MP

Just one finger then

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 30 Sep 20 4.08pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by samprior

Haha. Or a two fingered salute every Thursday eve.

Yes, that to!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 30 Sep 20 8.28pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

It's a bit grown up though isn't it? In the end you can't agree with everyone on everything but probably can't disagree with anyone on everything either. So you find ways to rub along socially whilst disagreeing politically. Alcohol can help that process.

The bars have always appeared to me to be subsidised which is plain wrong. OK, clubs don't charge what pubs charge but even a working men's/conservative club isn't as cheap as parliament, despite being in a less splendid location to put it mildly.

Dont you mean labour liberal or conservative club.
Like no conservatives are working men or women!
C'mon maple your better than that surely.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Snouts in trough